bevulf's Dark Angels 30k/40k

bevulf

Hi fellow Brothers,

It has been a while since I last wrote on this forum sharing with you my passion for the 1st legion. The reason of my absence was that I am a happy father for 14 months now and my life is focused mosty on my wonderful daughter :smile.:

I managed however to get back on track with hobby and on late evenings I am able to spend few hours painting. I actually haven’t painted for almost 18 months and it is soooo fun now !

I plan to build some DA primaris force (more or less) and will paint additional miniatures that I find interesting for my collection.

Don't blame me for that but I started with everyone's favourite elusive Cypher :biggrin.:

gallery_46134_14252_570180.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_892780.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_680641.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_64583.jpg

I am so thrilled to paint mooooore !!! Lieutenant Zakariah is almost assembled so you know what to expect soon :wink:

p.s. Glad to be back here ! Cheers to you all Brothers !

Edited by bevulf

Welcome back... as a senior officer now (in charge of new recruits..your daughter :biggrin.: ) you are now privy to the secrets of the inner circle ...of being a "PARENT" :laugh.:

sleepless nights and the Funding Cuts for all major projects will be in the works :tongue.: ...

and beware the Agents of chaos that will appear in your distant future...also known as teenage boys :eek:

okay jokes aside ,well done on getting back into the hobby!

stunning work here, can't wait to see more!!

Cheers, Mithril 

It seems Chamber 42 may be turning into a day care, maybe that's why they are called "The Watchers"! I myself have a 16 month old son, I'm also a stay-at-home dad so I know how hard it can be to get hobby time and stay awake through it! It's time we start organizing hobby/play dates! :)

Great job on Cypher and Voldus! They both look fantastic!

Thank you Brothers for such a warm welcome (especially for accomodation in Cell 42 :biggrin.:). It's great to be a part of Inner Circle Father-Masters :wink:

I am currently experimenting with new greens - I still have several unopened pots od Dark Angels Green but I think will try out Caliban Green .

I will show you results in a few days. Stay vigilant Brothers!

Edited by bevulf

Vigilant as alway Brother

Be Pure

Be Vigilant

Behave!

I’m so glad you are back, your sublime skills have been missed.

As a side note, finding time for painting is easy when kids are young, they sleep more (usually), enjoy it mate :D

Also, please share your armour recipe for Voldus ;)

:smile.: my daughter do not sleep much lately but at least I have few hours for painting every evening so it's not that bad :biggrin.:

Working with metallic colours is always tricky. I painted Voldus armour following his tutorial:

https://adeptuspainter.wordpress.com/2013/08/11/tutorial-true-metallic-plata/

it's quite simple but yet very effective.

The real good news is that I finished my first primaris Dark Angel. Love their bulky look:

gallery_46134_14252_406498.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_368101.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_238169.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_224150.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_360667.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_404188.jpg

and now it's time to paint some smurfs :biggrin.: in form of Papa Roboute. Then DA Primaris Intercessors...

Edited by bevulf

Awesome...

the sword is realistic and nice :thumbsup: , what blows me away is you fit the name on the shoulder plate :eek:  legibly .

cheers, Mithril

Inner Circle secret Number 44 - Not all little children sleep well at night,some make you stay up all night then they go to sleep during the day when you go to work completely tired.. :mellow.:  

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

it's been again a very long time since my last post but I simply haven't got enough time to spend on my hobby. I abandoned the idea of painitng papa smurf and turned my brushes solely to the unforgiven. I started with the original trio of the dark angels chapter and asmodai was my first choice:

gallery_46134_14252_811587.jpg

I am really happy how he turned out. Ezekiel and Azrael will follow soon.

Stay vigilant Brothers !

Bevulf, awesome to see you back here! Your works been a huge inspiration for me over the last few years.

While Asmodai looks terrific, I’m really enjoying Zakariah! Your greens never cease to amaze me, and the freehand in the scroll is top notch! Looking forward to seeing Azzy and Ezzy!

Very nice to see you back and congratulations on the munchkin. I have two now - one two years' old and the other almost eight weeks. So no painting is being done at present!

However, I am looking forward to indoctrinating them in the hobby when they are old enough! :D

Very nice to see you back and congratulations on the munchkin. I have two now - one two years' old and the other almost eight weeks. So no painting is being done at present!

However, I am looking forward to indoctrinating them in the hobby when they are old enough! :biggrin.:

Service is it's own reward brother :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...