bevulf's Dark Angels 30k/40k

bevulf

I love how "Bethor" has turned out, the small texture and colour you produced on the black areas of the banner adds so much to what could just be dead areas around the the freehand and on the back.
As for the freehand itself, wow.

I also really like the way the purple blue lining to the robes helps make the face seem cold.

Edited by codicier

@Tanhausen - thank you :smile.: ...but please don't hate me - I am just as simple guy obsessed with hunting the fallen (with brushes and green paints :wink: ) I was thinking of adding some patterns on the back but the front is loaded with so many details that I decided to leave the back as it is.

@Stobz - rhino should be ready after the coming weekend:

gallery_46134_14252_11975.jpg

Edited by bevulf

As always, your work is nothing short of outstanding brother. That “Bethor” is just incredible. But I’m even more blown away by the rhino. If I didn’t already know the caliber of your skills, I never would have believed that wasn’t airbrushed. Just incredible :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you !

First Intercessor from the 3rd squad of the 3rd Company finished:

gallery_46134_14252_6942.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_71418.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_81891.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_44805.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_108485.jpg

I am painting one marine at a time so the full squad will require much more time than I spent painting my last squad.

I hope to finish a small primaris army before Lion awakening :smile.:

• 2 months later...

Hi G8Keeper, the technique I used on my rhino is from bohun's tutorial:

It's quite simple, fast and very effective - you need some make up brushes for smokey effect

As for my Primaris project I literally stopped with the end of October and haven't got enough time and will to paint more intercessors.

I will probably start again with new primaris master from PA when it's released. 

but for now I think I need some diversity so decided to paint few red boys :smile.: New Mephiston and converted Blood Angels Primaris Captain are already on my desk. 

and to finish the new year's update I plan to paint some 30k goodness too. DA Contemptor dread and Praetor already ordered...

oh and Happy New Year everyone !!

Edited by bevulf

• 2 weeks later...