Boarding shield defensive bonuses

Brad_hutcho

So, sure its been answered before, sorry for repost. Boarding shields only remove the charge bonus yes? My interpretation of RAW is that i lose my +2A (WE rage) but keep bonus attacks from say 2 CC weapons. And if say hitting with assault squad, HOW still hits home. Cheers :-)

So, sure its been answered before, sorry for repost. Boarding shields only remove the charge bonus yes? My interpretation of RAW is that i lose my +2A (WE rage) but keep bonus attacks from say 2 CC weapons. And if say hitting with assault squad, HOW still hits home. Cheers :-)

Only Charge Bonuses, yes. Having 2 CCW is not a charge bonus but an always-on +1A for the two weapons.

Hammer of Wrath is a Charge bonus, however, and would probably not activate if charging a unit with defensive grenades/boarding shields.

• 2 weeks later...

@Slips

You're sure HOW is a charge bonus? Damn, now I'm gonna have to plow two squads into those Immortals to make sure i wipe them

It's unclear. Defensive Grenades state that you do not gain bonus attacks for charging, and refers to a page number, which specifically states that models which charged get bonus attacks. Rage specifies that you gain +2 attacks for charging, rather than 1. If you cannot make the one attack, you do not get to make the second attack. However, Hammer of Wrath states that you get to make an additional attack if you end your charge move in base contact, which is different semantically from getting a bonus attack for charging.

It depends on wording, and I'd have never considered Hammer of Wrath a bonus attack for charging (for one, it's never called a bonus). Talk with your playing buddy or tournament organiser before the game(s).