Does anyone know who painted these HH Space Wolves?

I can't figure out who painted these SWs or what paints may have been used. At first I was thinking Mech. Std. Grey but It almost looks more like Dawnstone. I've asked FW and they said they didn't know who painted it and something about it being a studio army. Any help is very much appreciated. 

30k-wolves-mkII.jpg

It is FW painted models, so unless they borrowed them from an employee they should know the paint schemes.

FW have not updated the paints recently and only covered some of the legions in their paint guide (which I can no longer find)

I think it is dawnstone with washes applied, as I use mech grey and my models come out a lot darker

Try basecoating 1 in mech grey and 1 in dawnstone to see what you prefer

I think Dawnstone looks like a better match to me.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the model had been oil-washed too. Basically:

> Paint the whole model Dawnstone over a nice thin coat of grey primer.

> Block out the gold, sliver, red, and ivory details with two thin coats to get a solid colour.

> Gloss varnish the whole model with little clear Polyurethane varnish, and allow to dry for a day or so to let the varnish fully cure.

> Apply a thin oil wash all over the model, using some artist's oils thinned with mineral spirits.

> Once the oil wash is touch-dry (may take a couple of days), use a cotton bud (AKA "Q-tip) dabbed into some mineral spirits to carefully wipe off most of the oil wash, leaving a nice graduation into the recesses. Leave more wash for a dirtier look, remove more for  a cleaner look.

> Allow to dry again, and seal with a matte varnish.

> Now pick out little details, the black weapons, and any edge highlights as you would normally, and then seal again as you would normally.

For one model, the waiting times are pretty tedious. But if you're doing 20 models at a time, it's actually a good amount to get done in a series of sessions over the course of a week, and after about ten days you'll have 20 finished models. It's also a nice technique in that you get a good shaded look quite easily, but you don't have to mix any paints - which means it's simple to get a consistent look over a wider army.

Edit:

This youtube video gives you an idea of how an oil wash is applied, and the sort of look it can produce.

Edited by Major_Gilbear

These minis (I believe) were painted up by the GW Studio (so not FW) as part of the "Burning of Prospero" promotional material (not sure why they have FW parts though).

The Burning of Prospero painting guide says they were sprayed with Mechanicus Standard Grey but then base coated with Dawnstone.

https://www.warhammerdigital.com/all-products/htp-burning-of-prospero.html

Edited by StraightSilver

These minis (I believe) were painted up by the GW Studio (so not FW) as part of the "Burning of Prospero" promotional material (not sure why they have FW parts though).

The Burning of Prospero painting guide says they were sprayed with Mechanicus Standard Grey but then base coated with Dawnstone.

https://www.warhammerdigital.com/all-products/htp-burning-of-prospero.html

No these aren't the same minis as the "Burning of Prospero" box set. These came out after that around the time Inferno was released and included the FWs Space Wolves torsos. 

FW studio painters use a lot of paints from other brands. If so, they wouldn't necessarily want to tell you the exact recipe. This could be the case here, however it's probably they just don't remember what they did, or the specific painter wasn't readily available to ask.