Going to a tournament today

micahwc

Going to a local tournament today. It’s a fundraiser so I’m looking mostly to have fun.

I’m bringing two detachments

Det 1, renegades and heretics

Malefic Lord

Leman Russ Battle Tank, heavy bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tank, heavy bolter

Leman Russ Punisher, heavy bolter

Leman Russ Punisher, heavy bolter

Det 2, Alpha Legion

Dark Apostle, power maul (black mace), plasma pistol, warlord (+1 leadership warlord trait)

Chaos Lord, lightning claw

20x cultists with autoguns

21x cultists with autoguns

25x cultists with autoguns

Hellforged Scorpius

Hellforged Scorpius

7x Havoks with 4x lascannons, Mark of

Xiphon Interceptor

7 command points

Plan: bubble wrap everything with cultists who get to use the Dark Apostles leadership if they are close enough to him. Havoks I’m cover firing twice as often as possible. Scorpius’ preferably behind cover. Punishers take out massed infantry, battle cannons go for harder targets, Xiphon goes for flyers and then tanks.

Last minute list changes, I dropped the apostle and the havoks,

Instead I’m bringing abandon and 6 berzerkers. Abandon has a better leadership aura for the cultists and brings 2 extra command points, he also lets me reroll all my missed with the Scorpius tanks. Berzerkers will help guard all the tanks.

Edit: also swapped the lord for an exalted champion with the murder sword and mark of khorne.

Edited by micahwc

Finished round one 40 minutes early with a win against chaos. Under Abbadons guidance the Scorpius tanks wore down a unit per turn, killing enough chaos space marines and khorne berzerkers to convince the rest to run away. The xiphon killed a mauler fiend turn 1, a dreadnought turn 2, and a Predator turn 3, by turn 4 it was shooting lascannons at infantry since there were no better targets.

Cultists died in droves, but at the end of the game I had lost one unit of 20 cultists (tide of traitors bought the other unit back) and took 1 wound on a Leman Russ. My opponent had some very poor rolling.

Edited by micahwc

Had to leave early as a blizzard is closing the interstate. Abbaddon + Scorpius is a great combination.

Edit: it was called for weather after the second round.

Edited by micahwc