Task Force Umbra - a Raven Guard 5th company WIP

golfdeltafoxtrot

I get that (not the no spending bit but the 'work on what you've got bit').

I keep looking at buying an Ironclad, or a Land Speeder Storm, or think about the conversion ideas I've got for another Scout Squad. Then I remember that once I've finished my Sternguard I've got at least 23 Marines and 3 vehicles that still need to be painted. New things will have to wait.

Awesome, thanks dude. Looks like another order with Anvil might be in my future. Should probably paint more of what I've already got first, but sometimes you really need that shiny new thing, you know?

So... forgot the pictures... maybe tonight?

But I do know what you mean. My wife and I occasionally do a 'no spend' month where we buy nothing except necessities and we're in one of those right now. We may extend it to next month as it's a nice reset.

That being said because I'm not buying anything it's getting me in the mindset of working on what I have on the workbench, which is a good thing.

... but ... but honey :(

Yeah my plasti-crack addiction reached new heights when the Knight Codex was released. I’d say rest of July and August would be great time to steal this “No Spend” thing you speak of ;). Seriously I’m stealing this idea at least for rest of July :D

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

Vow Three complete. I worked hard on converting these Sternguard so I'm glad I left them for a while to let my skills (rudimentary as they are) improve slightly in order to do them justice. They still need matt varnishing but it's a bit humid here today so I'm going to leave off for now.

gallery_103206_14222_1673091.jpeg

A few highlights from the squad.

gallery_103206_14222_738243.jpeg

gallery_103206_14222_1115155.jpeg

gallery_103206_14222_278422.jpeg

I'm wondering whether I can squeeze in a fourth vow. I've got a lieutenant primed and ready so maybe I can get one more model done before the end.

Do it....I failed my Vow due to being at work for the 4 day of 21 straight. Before that laziness

Vow Four is a go!

gallery_103206_14222_959173.jpeg

In fact, it went pretty well last night.

gallery_103206_14222_642338.jpeg

The white on his helmet isn't as smooth as I'd like, but the eyes are OK. I'm pleased with my edge highlighting, it's probably the best I've managed so far. Still got a little highlighting to do, the scope to finish, and the transfers and basing to do. Shouldn't take too long, I've got a few spare evenings coming up so should be done in plenty of time.

Love those Anvil Heads. I'm going to need to restock my supply pretty soon.

Where did you get the stock for the gun?

looks like either a scout sniper stock or las gun stock inverted

Love those Anvil Heads. I'm going to need to restock my supply pretty soon.

Where did you get the stock for the gun?

looks like either a scout sniper stock or las gun stock inverted
We have a winner! It’s a Cadian lasgun stock trimmed down to fit in the gap.

I saw today that Anvil have announced the end of some of their lines, including the Black Ops heads I’m using on my Scouts. I’ve got 5 left but I might order another 5 for the future Scouts I’ve got planned.

Edited by golfdeltafoxtrot

We have a winner! It’s a Cadian lasgun stock trimmed down to fit in the gap.

I saw today that Anvil have announced the end of some of their lines, including the Black Ops heads I’m using on my Scouts. I’ve got 5 left but I might order another 5 for the future Scouts I’ve got planned.

I saw that 2 bummed me out.....I need to check it out to see if any of my bits are going

woah! where is that announcement and which heads? I may need to get in on this before the one's I use are out as well.

On their Facebook page. Quite a few of their bits are on last chance to buy. I think they’ve said previously that they might bring some back with improved designs but it’s worth picking up what you need sooner rather than later.

I just checked it out and it looks like my heads are good. I remembered I bought my scout heads from Kromlech. I'll probably go with something different next time I build scouts so I can mix them up and have a little variety. I've got the same heads on a boltgun and scout unit now so I'd like to vary it. I might go with something more spec-ops for my next CC unit.

Nice work.  I have been trying to get inspired to paint my next company, have not decided on a color style yet.  Your blacks look great.

Is there a web page/address for this Anvil site? 

Edited by WickedApp

I saw their last kickstarter and it looked really cool, but it wasn't for me. They keep coming out with new stuff that is really cool. I may look at them for bits to 'dress up' my kill teams.

Their CS is fantastic. There was a specific bit that I wanted from them and I asked if I could buy just that bit. They said no but the looked around their miscasts and they found one and sent it to me for free with an order I placed, which was shipped to the US.

Thank you do you know if they ship to the US?

They do I buy all my optics, box mags from them for my armies. I placed an order from them last month and got them in about 10 days or so. And just placed another order to replace the bits I used already and well the last few ammo pouches cause of the 3 mags together.....

Nice work. I have been trying to get inspired to paint my next company, have not decided on a color style yet. Your blacks look great.

Is there a web page/address for this Anvil site?

Thanks dude, I’m still perfecting the armour but it’s so easy to do.

I would highly recommend Anvil Industry, their bits are excellent quality, their customer service is great, and the range is excellent.