TS faq up

Archaeinox

Hey, cool- I'll go ahead and keep trying to cause 3+d3 mortal wounds on units with our superior Gift of Chaos, thx.

Also noticed no clarification as to what happens when an Aspiring Sorcerer or Scarab Occult Sorcerer suffers Perils since the Rubrics have the psyker keyword (ie: the PSYKER suffers d3 mortal wounds, do they spill over or the does the unit suffer d3 after the aspiring dies?)

and no clarification that makes Rubrics NOT have the psyker keyword for the purposes of Cabalistic Ritual. I only use the sorcerer for these purposes, but still.... FAQ is a FAQ and I know they've been emailed.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/warhammer_40000_thousand_sons_en.pdf

Edited by Archaeinox

Dual Swords = "Stop emailing us asking for Khementai survivors!! Here! Now SHUT UP!!!" :smile.:

Also nice to have clarification on the "choose from either/or" psykers, the Icon of Flame issue on goats, and the primary/secondary range on Infernal Gateway. Bolt of Change dropping to 8 is cool too.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

I have a sword/sword Sorcerer ready to rock and roll.  

Seers bane with 6 attacks + DtTFE + re-rolling ones + str 10, ap -3, D3 each? yaaaaaaaaaaaaassss..... 

Go ahead, leave that sternguard unit out.  Or that character or warlord..... That sorcerer may just give them a VERY bad day. 

Note that the two power swords replace the stave. That leaves "take a Power Sword" and the pistol untouched.

You could technically have an Exalted with 3 power swords. Useless....except for one thing:

Model one in his teeth and name him Zoro. :)

also cheaper. :teehee:  137 with duels words, go around and stab stuff till it doesn't move! lol.  Great for seers bane! 

On Disc he's a minimum of 141 (132+4+4+1) pts. You still need to pay for the Inferno Boltpistol.

But 6 Str 12 attacks (with Diabolic Strength), hitting on 2+ /w reroll (and let's not forget the humble Disc-attack :wink: ) is nothing to scoff at.

39 points cheaper than your average Daemon Prince. If only he had a 4++ by default...

Edited by Minsc

also cheaper. :teehee:  137 with duels words, go around and stab stuff till it doesn't move! lol.  Great for seers bane! 

The ultimate in backline disruption. Put him in the webway and give him Warptime and Diabolic Strength. If you're feeling lucky, swap Smite out for Infernal Gateway when he arrives.

Very small footprint and easy to get to 9.5 inches. Basically our version of the Eversor.

Note: he is NOT going to survive very long, but if he gets into the right units and pulls firepower away from the front line, it's worth it.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

The ultimate in backline disruption. Put him in the webway and give him Warptime and Diabolic Strength. If you're feeling lucky, swap Smite out for Infernal Gateway when he arrives.

Very small footprint and easy to get to 9.5 inches. Basically our version of the Eversor.

For extra giggles make him the warlord with the trait that lets him reroll charge range.

On Disc he's a minimum of 141 (132+4+4+1) pts. You still need to pay for the Inferno Boltpistol.

But 6 Str 12 attacks (with Diabolic Strength), hitting on 2+ /w reroll (and let's not forget the humble Disc-attack :wink: ) is nothing to scoff at.

39 points cheaper than your average Daemon Prince. If only he had a 4++ by default...

ohhhh ya know thats true, Math is hard evidently lol. but still not bad since thats what you pay for anyway. any further buffs to him just send him into the stratosphere for damage output, sling a death-hex onto his target and just watch him melt the unit or character. 

For extra giggles make him the warlord with the trait that lets him reroll charge range.

I'd prefer not to give up Slay the Warlord by putting the Warlord Trait on a guy who is essentially a "fire and forget" suicide unit.

I'd prefer not to give up Slay the Warlord by putting the Warlord Trait on a guy who is essentially a "fire and forget" suicide unit.

It works well for Blood Angels so far tho. :D

I also never make him as the Warlord. 

He *Will* die. as when he gets in he will wreck the thing hes fighting, and then usually become a massive target. the good news is he is cheap enough where if he happens to wiff its not a big deal, and the things he kills will almost always be more expensive (and more important) then he is. 

I have a plan to use him with a decent size unit of Spear Enlightened unit, take diabolic and .... something else on the exalted assassin, toss the spears into whatever tank/important unit pops up, throw the exalted into a character and shred the character.  Backed up by tzaangors and mutaliths with defiler and maulerfiend for melee kick, one unit of scarab occult dropping for support.  Seems like a nice melee thousand son list......wow...never thought id say that...

I also never make him as the Warlord.

He *Will* die. as when he gets in he will wreck the thing hes fighting, and then usually become a massive target. the good news is he is cheap enough where if he happens to wiff its not a big deal, and the things he kills will almost always be more expensive (and more important) then he is.

I have a plan to use him with a decent size unit of Spear Enlightened unit, take diabolic and .... something else on the exalted assassin, toss the spears into whatever tank/important unit pops up, throw the exalted into a character and shred the character. Backed up by tzaangors and mutaliths with defiler and maulerfiend for melee kick, one unit of scarab occult dropping for support. Seems like a nice melee thousand son list......wow...never thought id say that...

It would also be quite funny to drop the assassin in from the webway, then have a Daemon Prince use the Dark Crystal on himself to pop up nearby. That could cause a ton of damage and really stress target priority.

So no Soulreaper for 5-men squads ? That sucks so much...

I dont think its terrible, though its very annoying we cannot MSU our Rubrics effectively. Considering spell access I think our rubrics are still as good as the elite ones from the chaos dex. 

Not to mention the Plasma Pistols on Aspirings. Can put two of those in a Rhino if you want. :)

I dont think its terrible, though its very annoying we cannot MSU our Rubrics effectively. Considering spell access I think our rubrics are still as good as the elite ones from the chaos dex. 

Not to mention the Plasma Pistols on Aspirings. Can put two of those in a Rhino if you want. :smile.:

If i was doing that id probably default to the warpflame pistols. and warpflamers. make the enemy do the burny-dance. 

I'm more annoyed at the fact that we can't take Soulreapers in 9man-squads.

I am too, especially since I just bought TS rhino doors....

Btw, Perils not being clarified is a real downer for me as I play against Daemons a lot. 1/18th chance of suffering 3d3 MW and blowing up to 200pts ? No thanks. :/

Not to mention the Plasma Pistols on Aspirings. Can put two of those in a Rhino if you want. :smile.:

If i was doing that id probably default to the warpflame pistols. and warpflamers. make the enemy do the burny-dance. 

That would actually save you a small number points over 10 guys with Warpflamers and you'd get two Psykers out of the deal.