Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pts for Tournament

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

I came up with two variants so far:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [100 PL, 1999pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 305pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Purge Soul, Warlord

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 290pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Sanctuary

Lord Kaldor Draigo [12 PL, 240pts]: Hammerhand, Vortex of Doom

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 103pts]: Curiass of Sacrifice, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Sanctuary

Venerable Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: Astral Aim, Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [7 PL, 107pts]: Gate of Infinity
. Grey Knight (Psilencer): Psilencer
. 3x Grey Knight (Sword): 3x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm bolter

. 3x Grey Knight (Halberd): 3x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar: Nemesis Force Halberd, Storm bolter

. 3x Grey Knight (Falchions): 3x Storm Bolter

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 315pts]: 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Two Hurricane Bolters

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 120pts]: Twin Lascannon

Razorback [5 PL, 120pts]: Twin Lascannon

++ Total: [100 PL, 1999pts] ++

Here's classic - double GMNDK, Draigo, 3x5 Strikes with Psilencers, Stormraven, double Razorbacks and VenDread, Apothecary for spare points. I plan to hide double strikes in SR - SR deployed as far as possible from enemy shooting. Apothecary is there too for less choices. Dread hides behind LoS and camps. Razorbacks are near if possible. Last strike squad starts in razorback. Everything else in Reserves. Turn 1 SR flies forward and goes for infantry and vehicles. If I really need something dead, Dread uses Wisdom to give Rerolls for razroback. Strike squad gets out of Razor and gates. Or I can use them as a counter-charge. Draigo dives rerolls to Raven and NDK. Then charge.

I like concept of roster when one part strikes on the frontline while supported by long-range firepower. Also several sources of considerable threat. With this list I can play both defensive or offensive (the former even easier).  3 characters in 3++ at least on turn 1.  Apothecary will heal Draigo making him  even more durable. Also, SR is cheaper than my usual type las+melta type. In last games I found that SBs are not too reliable in killing 3+ infantry even it is 40 shots. I want to try Assault+HB to deal with those devastators and reapers.  Also, Astral+Dread+LoS-block combo. 

And another:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [102 PL, 1998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Brother-Captain [9 PL, 152pts]: Nemesis Force Halberd, Purge Soul, Storm Bolter

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 290pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Sanctuary, Warlord

Lord Kaldor Draigo [12 PL, 240pts]: Hammerhand, Vortex of Doom

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 103pts]: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Sanctuary

Paladin Ancient [7 PL, 142pts]: Banner of Refining Flame, Gate of Infinity, Storm Bolter and Falchion

Venerable Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: Astral Aim, Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon

+ Troops +

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 321pts]: 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Heavy Bolter, Twin Lascannon, Two Hurricane Bolters

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 122pts]: Storm Bolter, Twin Lascannon

Razorback [5 PL, 122pts]: Storm Bolter, Twin Lascannon

++ Total: [102 PL, 1998pts] ++

List is almost the same, but I exchange one GMDNK for BroCap+Ancient combo. I took paladin, because I had spare points, but, maybe, will exchange it for another strike body or hammer for strike justicars. Also, SR is back to lascannons, and I have 8 lascannons in list, so more AV. Here I will utilize 2++ GMNDK combo.

I couldn't think about pure GK lists better than these, so looking for advice, how to make them better. Still have some serious problems - no screening for Razorbacks or good counter-charge, opponents still outshoot me, weak to enemy screens. 

What do you think?

• librisrouge likes this

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
In the second list, you are entitled to fill a Vanguard with 1 HQ and the Elites from that Battalion in order to rise up to 7 CPs ;)

Personally speaking, I'd also downgrade the Pal Ancient to a Bro Ancient and the greathammer to greatsword (not a fan of auto-inflicted negative to-hit modifiers :D), and give some extra punch to the rest with the remaining pts (psilencer and/or hammer to BroCap, HK missiles to Razors) ;)

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

In the second list, you are entitled to fill a Vanguard with 1 HQ and the Elites from that Battalion in order to rise up to 7 CPs msn-wink.gif

Personally speaking, I'd also downgrade the Pal Ancient to a Bro Ancient and the greathammer to greatsword (not a fan of auto-inflicted negative to-hit modifiers biggrin.png), and give some extra punch to the rest with the remaining pts (psilencer and/or hammer to BroCap, HK missiles to Razors) msn-wink.gif

Yeah, thanks. I have troubles with adding different Detachment in battlescribe and forgot to edit it manually. This is another reason to take list 2.

As for Pal Ancient, I will, probably, give a hammer to Strike Justicar instead. I found hammer is better option too, because AP-4 and 3 damage min - I tend to roll 1-2 for sword dmg. I'll think about BroCap with Psilencer, but I greatly dislike hunter-killers because they are 1 use only - didn't hit, didn't wounds, saved, 6 points wasted. Just compare it with psilencer: 4 pts for 6 attacks every turn.

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
Well, though I agree that 1-use only is in principle risky if alone, I'd probably not use them until Razors are in range for Draigo's aura (so reroll to hit + 1 CP to reroll to wound with the unlucky one in order to maximize the result) ;) And then another CP in combat to reroll 1 dmg die for a greatsword is expendable ;)

Psilencer is our most versatile weapon for sure up to now, but sometimes I feel that 126 pts of pure antitank fire are worth the choice :D

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

Tested the second list against necrons. His was:

Nightbringer

Orikan

Cryptek

Destoryer Lord with some lascannonlike weapon

20 Warriors

2x5 Immortals with different weapons

10 Tomb Blades

5 Destroyers with some weak guns

3 Wraiths

He screened against my deepstrike well, but his turn was first and he made a mistake, bringing destoyer lord to shoot my razorback and leaving a small gap for my GM to deepstike. He also left some place for SR to get closest to C'tan. I wasn't able to give him rerolls, however. I deepstike brocap and ancient to kill wraiths that screen c'tan. All the shooting done only 2 wounds to C'tan. With psychic and shooting I kill Wraiths. I successfully charge destoyers with GMNDK, but kill only 1 (5++ from Orikan didn't help at all). In his turn he charge Raven with c'tan but it survives with 5 wounds. He also flies 2 inches away from destoyers, but I use heroic intervention to tie them back again (nothing says in RB that there must be a close combat to use it). I come from SR with apothecary and 2x stike squads and DS draigo to give them rerolls. They drill warriors, leaving only 8 out of 20. Apothecary, Cap and Ancient charge c'tan and easily kill it. GMNDK kill all the destoyers and consolidates to tie nearby Immortals. Rest of the game was straightfoward and ended with wipe on 4th turn. 

Conclusions:

1. It is bad to hurt armies without codex.

2. GMNDK with 2++ is a strong tool of psychological pressure.  No one will like 2+\2++ vehicle in his deployment zone.

3. Psilencer on bro-cap can be nice. Killed last wraith with lucky 3 on d3. But it relly needs s5 to hurt what it is designed to hurt.

4. Draigo never got to close combat, unfortunately. But 3++ and 7 wounds near apothecary makes him really scary.

5. Ancient is random, but mortal wounds is mortal wounds. Everything with invuln and no FNP has to be scared. No reason not to take him. I start to think that BoRF is our best relic.

6. VenDread and LasRazors desperately need rerolls. I even think about leaving draigo behing them for the first turn and then gate him in front on turn 2.

7. Heavy Bolters didn't impress me at all. Probably will go back to meltas, if I manage to find points.

Now I look forward to playing with Dark Angels stand and shoot list.

• Waking Dreamer likes this

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

I didn't manage to buy another razorback, so had to make some corrections. I tried to fit in Crowe, gave a hammer to one strike squad, no more psilencer on brocap and other minor adjustments.

Tested against Tau today.

His list:

Tau Sept

Coldstar with burstcannons

Breacher Team

Pathfinders

2x3 Crisis Suits

3x1 Broadsides (Railguns, I think)

Riptide

Stealth Team

Longstrike

Lots of Drones

Hammer and Anvil, Contact Lost, Scouring

I took most of stuff in reserves, leaving SR with 5 strikes, Crowe and Apothecary and Razorback with 5 strikes. VenDread behind the LoS. Won first turn. Everything was in Tau deployment zone. Killed longstrike with shooting, pathfinders some drones and scrathced broadside. Charged Drone with GMNDK took a lot of damage from Early Warning override and For The Greater good (reduced to 5 wounds). Next turn he pointed everything at GMNDK and he tanked it. Crisis Suits did manta strike and reduced Razorback to 1 wound, did a wound to a dreadnought, killed 3 strikes from unit I left on the objective. On my turn I wiped stealth suits some drones and breachers. Killed a broadside and reduced riptide to 7 wounds (he forgot to use saviour protocols for the most time). Charged Broadsides, lost GMNDK in 2++ on overwatch. Draigo, Ancient and Bro Cap are too far to charge. I also gate vendread with a 2-man strike squad to the main force to save him from Crisis Suites. On his turn he flies to the center with commander, finishes Razorback and 2-man strikes, brings raven to 5 wounds. I disembark from raven on turn 3 and clear his deployment zone - 2x broadsides, breachers, riptide and drones. The rest of the game was hunting crisis suits and commander. I lost stormraven, another strike squad and 1 was left with 1 model, also lost BroCap, who was my warlord, but I relaxed too much, when left him with no broadsides and riptide. I also was leading on maelstrom and eternal war, but he was wiped on turn 6 anyway. 

Conclusions&

1. It is bad to hurt Tau.

2. While his list was not top-competitive, I struggled a bit. Was confident in victory since got to know first turn had been mine. If he didn't forget saviour protocols, all could be different, but I doubt it made my victory.

3. GMNDK in 2++ is still fragile. Yes-yes, one unlucky 1 and he is hurt badly. 

4. BroCap as warlord confirms he is safe for couple of turns and GMNDK will go down way before. Reduced WT aura range hurts, however.

5. Razorback seems like point sink. He did literally nothig a rhino couldn't do. Still, it made a good distraction for crisis suits, so they didn't go all for dread or SR.

6.  Mixed feeling for Crowe, because he did nothing, but this time because enemy units ended before he joined the fray. I took him because he was only unit fitting points left. May take BroChamp instead.

7. Draigo is the beast. Full rerolls are so much better than just 1's. 

8. Give us Lieutenants, GW!  I needed rerolls to-wound so much.

9. I just realised, that killed in close combat only a single drone for the whole game. Yes, I literally killed a single drone. I killed the whole tau army with smites, bolters and lascannons. We played without beta rules and I hope, that new smite rules wouldn't be approved. 

So I'm still not satisfied with the list. I think about adding another Grand Master on foot or ditch razorback and throw another GMNDK. 

Helycon

Helycon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

How did your Razorback not do anything with a 48" twin Lascannon? Sure, both could have missed, but that's just luck of the draw. For GK, a RB is superior in every way, since it can pack what your PAGK and TDAGK lack: ranged AT.

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

Yes, it had to move and missed with 4+. Turn 2 Crisis Suits left it with 1 wound. But I need further testing. 

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts

How did your Razorback not do anything with a 48" twin Lascannon? Sure, both could have missed, but that's just luck of the draw. For GK, a RB is superior in every way, since it can pack what your PAGK and TDAGK lack: ranged AT.

Like op said, you often have to move and you’re going to get hurt. My twin lascan never make for his cost. The assaut canon works a bit better but we already have saturation.
I field a rhino now, it allows me to reduce my number of drops, it can transport or protect your pagk just as well and cost 40pts less. And with the 2 stormbolters he can even take part in the fight. And you won’t hesitate to sacrifice it if you need to!!
We have AT with hammers, hammerhand and ndk.
And the stormraven is much more efficient if you need some shooting, imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users