Xenith

This looks really interesting! If there's still time, I might participate. Regarding the WYSIWYG rule, may I represent a Relic Blade with an Eviscerator chainsword? Or must it be the longsword found in the Vanguard Vets box?

I'm curious since it seems rather fitting for my chapter of choice, and the one defining factor for relic blades is seemingly that they are two-handed swords of some kind.

As long as it looks like a relic!

The model has to be entered into the ETL to count for The Feast Of Blades, and that is reasonably lenient with things like that. If it gets accepted there, its accepted here (mostly).

Ehhh, i'll have to vow for ETL then haha

Yup, the requirement that your champion be vowed in ETL and painted as part of ETL or RTS is in the description of the event in the first post - you dont have long left!

Any champions that weren't part of a vow will be subject to a severe paddlin' then DQ'd.

Done! Vowed him with a couple of contemptors Edited by Lynnean

The time has come, we are ready!

Comes forth the Blood Angels 1st captain, Captain Raphael !

Captain Raphael 1

Captain Raphael 2

Captain Raphael, who brought absolution to the Blood Angels!

Captain Raphael led no less than 80 terminator armoured brothers into cleansing the space hulk Sin of Damnation, terminating over 40.000 Genestealers infesting it. Thus cleansing the terrible memory of failure at Secoris sector where almost the entire chapter was destroyed while trying to assault and destroy another space hulk...

Captain Raphael wears a suit of Tactical Dreadnought Armour and bears an Iron Halo. He knows the Rites of Battle, and Knows No Fear... He is armed with a Relic Blade and a Combi-melta.

ETL6: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5094373

Captain in Terminator Armour

Relic Blabe & Combi-melta

2 Rerolls (one is from ETL)

-------------------

160 points

Primaris Intercessor Sargent Marcellus Benedict - Squad 16, Company 2 of the Blood Angels Chapter

Equipment of note:
Power Sword
Bolt Rifle
Bolt Pistol
9 Rerolls - plus 1 Bonus for ETL entry - 10 total.

Sargent Marcellus Benedict earned the rank of Sargent during the Khovan Incident. He and his squad were ambushed by Alpha Legion veterans, during which the previous Sargent was targeted and quickly taken down. The ensuing combat was both chaotic and bloody. Luckily, Marcellus was able to take over as second in command and see his squad to victory.

his promotion was officially sanctioned after the battle, he has continued to lead from the front in battle.

Now he enters the Feast of Blades to champion his Company and his Chapter.

( He is at 157 Pts with 9 purchased re-rolls. I suppose I could take him with a Chainsword instead of a power sword. it would give him another reroll? Yay, worth it?) Either way. Pictures to follow here once he is based. He is pictured in my Vow 1 on ETL right now if you care to look.

gallery_104017_14504_467568.jpg

Image will be added in Monday when I'm not limited to mobile

Edited by Ornithologist

Primaris Intercessor Sargent Marcellus Benedict - Squad 16, Company 2 of the Blood Angels Chapter

Equipment of note:

Power Sword

Bolt Rifle

Bolt Pistol

9 Rerolls - plus 1 Bonus for ETL entry - 10 total.

Sargent Marcellus Benedict earned the rank of Sargent during the Khovan Incident. He and his squad were ambushed by Alpha Legion veterans, during which the previous Sargent was targeted and quickly taken down. The ensuing combat was both chaotic and bloody. Luckily, Marcellus was able to take over as second in command and see his squad to victory.

his promotion was officially sanctioned after the battle, he has continued to lead from the front in battle.

Now he enters the Feast of Blades to champion his Company and his Chapter.

( He is at 157 Pts with 9 purchased re-rolls. I suppose I could take him with a Chainsword instead of a power sword. it would give him another reroll? Yay, worth it?) Either way. Pictures to follow here once he is based. He is pictured in my Vow 1 on ETL right now if you care to look.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14504/gallery_104017_14504_467568.jpg

Image will be added in Monday when I'm not limited to mobile

Well met, Sergeant Benedict, your place is secure, we await the final contestants. 

• 3 weeks later...

Would I be able to make an out of competition vow and compete in the FoB? I've vowed for SW and I have an idea for my BA captain that I would like to do

I have no problem with this, as long as he is vowed as part of ETL (out of comp) and painted during ETL or RTS - the additional work for no ETL bonus is sufficient pennance for playing Space Wolves. 

Would I be able to make an out of competition vow and compete in the FoB? I've vowed for SW and I have an idea for my BA captain that I would like to do

I have no problem with this, as long as he is vowed as part of ETL (out of comp) and painted during ETL or RTS - the additional work for no ETL bonus is sufficient pennance for playing Space Wolves.

Sweet, thank you. As much as I love the Blood Angels, the woofs will always be my favourite

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Solomon (Soon to be Chapter Master) Captain of the Remains of the 4th Company.

Equipment of note:

Power Axe

Inferno Pistol

Jump Pack

4 rerolls

167 pts 

Captain Solomon rose quickly through the ranks of of the Sanguine Knights. He gained the rank of Captain after only a century. He has been the Captain of the 4th company for the last 50 years and has impressed many great generals in his time. His quiet and humble attitude coupled with his tactical prowess impressed the usually uninterested Erik Morkai. Solomon gained the respect of Morkai during a long and hard-fought campaign agaisnt Orks. After the Hive Fleet Leviathan was bested, the Sanguine Knights were left in ruins. With only one other Captain and 75 marines left the chapter was in dire need of new recruits and Leadership. The Sanguine Knights have a tradition that means that anyone vying for Leadership must prove their Martial prowess. With the Chapter and the Captain being so young in comparison to the rest of the Blood Angel's successors, the Respect of the chapter rests on Solomon's shoulders.

43296948032_11662347be_c.jpgIMG_20180711_182919 

Captain Solomon (Soon to be Chapter Master) Captain of the Remains of the 4th Company.

Equipment of note:

Power Axe

Inferno Pistol

Jump Pack

4 rerolls

167 pts 

Captain Solomon rose quickly through the ranks of of the Sanguine Knights. He gained the rank of Captain after only a century. He has been the Captain of the 4th company for the last 50 years and has impressed many great generals in his time. His quiet and humble attitude coupled with his tactical prowess impressed the usually uninterested Erik Morkai. Solomon gained the respect of Morkai during a long and hard-fought campaign agaisnt Orks. After the Hive Fleet Leviathan was bested, the Sanguine Knights were left in ruins. With only one other Captain and 75 marines left the chapter was in dire need of new recruits and Leadership. The Sanguine Knights have a tradition that means that anyone vying for Leadership must prove their Martial prowess. With the Chapter and the Captain being so young in comparison to the rest of the Blood Angel's successors, the Respect of the chapter rests on Solomon's shoulders.

That's characterful as hell. Great job.

I've got an Eidolon body waiting to be used similarly.

Equipment of note:

Power Axe

Inferno Pistol

Jump Pack

4 rerolls

167 pts

That's characterful as hell. Great job.

I've got an Eidolon body waiting to be used similarly.

That's very kind of you, thank you very much dude :)

I look forward to see what you can come up with!

So, some interesting stats of the entrants so far (Percentages are of the total and rounded up after .5%):

10/13 are Captains. 77%

2/13 are Librarians 15% 

1/13 are Sargents 8%

5/13 have some form of terminator armor. 38%

2/13 are Primaris 15%

2/13 are Captain Smash 15%

5/13 have Jump Packs 42%

For Melee weapons:

3/13 (23%) have Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields, Power swords (normal).

1/13 (8%) have Force Axe, Force Sword, Master Crafted Power Sword, Boltstorm Gauntlet, Power Fist, Chainfist, Power Axe, Relic Blade

Damage Stats:

1D - 4/13 - 31%

2D - 2/13 - 15%

3D - 3/13 - 23%

1d3D - 5/13 - 38%

For Ranged Weapons:

4/13 are melta based (31%)

1 Plasma Pistol

1 Grav based

5/13 have long range bolt weapons (38%)

7/13 have Bolt Pistols (54%) including both Captain Smashes, which I need to start remembering that during games.

For Re-rolls

X0 - 1/13 - 8%

X1 - 3/13 - 23%

X2 - 4/13 - 31%

X4 - 2/13 - 15%

X5 - 2/13 - 15%

X10 - 1/13 - 8%

Here's your useless information quota.

EDITED : 7/17 - Added Jolemai's Captain, the Bolt Pistol info.

Edited by Ornithologist

+ + PRESS ENTER TO CREATE NEW CHARACTER + +

+ ENTER NAME +

Commander Raziel, 1st Company

+ GUILD NAME +

Blood Angels

+ CLASS SELECTION +

Captain in Cataphractii Armour

+ WEAPON SELECTION +

Combi-melta and Relic Blade

+ RE-ROLL SELECTION +

One (B&Z/ETL bonus)

+ POINTS +

+ SCREENSHOT +

gallery_62972_9848_662882.jpg

+ + ENDS + +

• 2 weeks later...

+++ Data received +++

++ Vid Log uploaded ++
gallery_92746_14190_431370.jpg

-: Archive :-

Third Captain of the Carmine Blades
Calen, The Blood Hammer

=== Data Processing ===

Born on the feral world of Morandus, Calen was an exceptional youth. His mind, and willfulness to adapt added him to the rank of sergeant in the third company within twenty-five standard years of service. His aptitude to handle dire situations, and tactical genius garnered him as a captain in waiting. Rumors amongst the younger brothers might see him as a possible future chapter master, though only time will tell...

Upon the walls of Baal, as his captain succumbed to the curse of the gene father's blood, did he earn the title of The Blood Hammer. His bolter's munitions spent, all that he had left was his Thunder Hammer, "Gravus."

As the tyranid swarms spilled forth from the walls like water through cracks in a dyke, did he plan his final stand. He raised his thunder hammer high, and called for all that still lived to rally around him and form the tool in which to plug the holes with the dead xenos filth.

His cry resonated through the cacophony of war, "To me my brothers! For the Angel, For Haldroth, and FOR BAAL!"

Calen's rage was fierce, it was as if seeing a glimpse of the gene father in each of his beautiful swings of his hammer. Tyranids fell in untold numbers to his bludgeons. His armor soaked in the blood of his lineage for each he tried to save, while mixed in the filth of the dreaded leviathan menace. The gore so massive, slick ichor slimed its way down the hilt of his tool of destruction.

It was here that one Battle-Brother so enthralled with the site yelled out to their comrades, "To Calen, may our wrath match his own!"
Another brother from a fellow successor chapter, followed with the words, "Indeed, Forward to the Blood Hammer!"

Though the casualties were fierce and the battle was won, it was but one victory in the long line of battles still to come, and the name of "The Blood Hammer" was immortalized.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten