Xenith

Unless you didn't mean for it to work like FnP at all and just an additional save that protects against the whole wound. In hindsight it's not as clear how you intended it to work (since you wrote "in the same manner as a FnP roll" ... which would be rolled against damage, not against wounds).

Thanks for the query - will clarify. I think I'll go with the single 6+ roll to block all damage from a wounding hit.

It's to represent the sergeant dodging an attack and such, not an exceptional resistance to pain.

The Traitor's Doom was parked on dock 3578. Not an auspicious number but still it rolled through Alessandro's head. It was a calming technique that Brother Belen had developed over the course of their campaign in the Ghoul Stars. Brother Belen was one of the newer brothers to the chapter having been brought by Guilliman himself. He still couldn't believe his luck. He not only survived Leviathan but also Ka'Bandha's assault on Baal Prime. When he was a child he was diagnosed with Hyperthymesia, a neurological disorder which leads people to be able to remember much more than the average person, and he did indeed. He remembered every moment of his life. All he had to do was close his eyes and call forth a memory. This was only enhanced by becoming a space marine.

He continued his walk around the Thunderhawk Gunship that had lifted him and the few of his brothers that remained from the assault on Baal Prime. The Traitor's Doom came off the line and into service shortly after the Heresy, the machine spirit taken from one of the survivors of the siege at Terra. It was a beast of a machine and nearly as aggressive as the Flesh Tearers that it shuttled to and from the battlefield. He recalled the memory of the ship charging into enemy lines just feet from the rocky ground and knocking gun emplacements to the sides that were pinning down a large contingent of Flesh Tearers. They had made short work of the enemy after that event. The Thunderhawk was awarded accolades due to it and a major overhaul and repair at one of the nearby forge worlds they had stopped at to repair and resupply. A magnificent vehicle indeed. He thought to himself as he rounded the front of the vehicle. 

The triple stars in this system made sure that the planet was provided light to the surface nearly 95% of the time. Nothing someone of his genetically enhanced status couldn't get used to. In fact he almost prefered the light. He enjoyed the warmth of these suns and it was rare for him to walk around without his armor on. Perhaps this event is something he needed after all. A small break from the constant planning and battles. Though it was only time before the bite hit again and he would thirst for battle. Not some mock-sportsmanship this event would be, but actual battle with his brothers to command and an enemy to thoroughly crush.

His attention was drawn away from his thoughts one of his servitors wheeled back out from one of the hangers. It was leading a hulking formed dressed in robes. He gritted his teeth, an insult sending only one person to greet him, a voice said in his head. He pushed the anger back and abated it by recalling bolter drills he had been teaching his new brothers years ago. He put on a soft smile and walked toward the envoy to greet him.

The introductions passed by in a blur. He had discovered that the man before him was a Chaplain of the Blood Angels. One of the guardians of the lost, though there were not many of those these days. Out with the old, in with the new. He heard the voice say again. He pushed it aside quickly and focused on the task at hand. He followed the Chaplin sharing minor stories of the events out in the Ghoul Stars and listened to the suggestions of the Chaplain in the hopes of learning more about how the other chapters were fairing under Dante's command. The Flesh Tearers were spread far and wide and had not stopped more than a few years to pick up and train new recruits and resupply. As it turned out, it was the same for every other chapter of the blood. It was a busy time.

The Chaplin led Alessandro into a small hall decorated with fireplaces and banners for every chapter of the blood that accepted invitation to the event. Though he was surprised to see another contestant had beaten him here. The scent of blood from the many pitchers on the table riled his thirst but he held his fangs back, just barely. 

Alessandro walked up to his fellow contestant and smiling confidently he raised his right hand in welcome, "Alessandro, Captain of the 5th company of the Flesh Tearers." He knew his chapters reputation. He knew this was an odd way to greet a soldier but he had learned a lot on Baal, most of all was the importance of blood and how to show respect to he fellow brothers of the blood. 

((@sfPanzer - Up to you if you want to join in! You were the only person on the lists before me sir! :biggrin.: ))

((@Xenith - I hope this is what you were looking for))

Edit: Some grammar corrections. Might make more later but won't change any of the bigger details.

Edited by Aothaine

Yes, great work!

Also, anyone thinking of joining the feast, your Champion has to be part of an ETL vow - it doesnt have to be your current vow, but you have to be in the ETL to be in the feast, so sign up!

Edited by Xenith

The Traitor's Doom was parked on dock 3578. Not an auspicious number but still it rolled through Alessandro's head. It was a calming technique that Brother Belen had developed over the course of their campaign in the Ghoul Stars. Brother Belen was one of the newer brothers to the chapter having been brought by Guilliman himself. He still couldn't believe his luck. He not only survived Leviathan but also Ka'Bandha's assault on Baal Prime. When he was a child he was diagnosed with Hyperthymesia, a neurological disorder which leads people to be able to remember much more than the average person, and he did indeed. He remembered every moment of his life. All he had to do was close his eyes and call forth a memory. This was only enhanced by becoming a space marine.

He continued his walk around the Thunderhawk Gunship that had lifted him and the few of his brothers that remained from the assault on Baal Prime. The Traitor's Doom came off the line and into service shortly after the Heresy, the machine spirit taken from one of the survivors of the siege at Terra. It was a beast of a machine and nearly as aggressive as the Flesh Tearers that it shuttled to and from the battlefield. He recalled the memory of the ship charging into enemy lines just feet from the rocky ground and knocking gun emplacements to the sides that were pinning down a large contingent of Flesh Tearers. They had made short work of the enemy after that event. The Thunderhawk was awarded accolades due to it and a major overhaul and repair at one of the nearby forge worlds they had stopped at to repair and resupply. A magnificent vehicle indeed. He thought to himself as he rounded the front of the vehicle.

The triple stars in this system made sure that the planet was provided light to the surface nearly 95% of the time. Nothing someone of his genetically enhanced status couldn't get used to. In fact he almost prefered the light. He enjoyed the warmth of these suns and it was rare for him to walk around without his armor on. Perhaps this event is something he needed after all. A small break from the constant planning and battles. Though it was only time before the bite hit again and he would thirst for battle. Not some mock-sportsmanship this event would be, but actual battle with his brothers to command and an enemy to thoroughly crush.

His attention was drawn away from his thoughts one of his servitors wheeled back out from one of the hangers. It was leading a hulking formed dressed in robes. He gritted his teeth, an insult sending only one person to greet him, a voice said in his head. He pushed the anger back and abated it by recalling bolter drills he had been teaching his new brothers years ago. He put on a soft smile and walked toward the envoy to greet him.

The introductions passed by in a blur. He had discovered that the man before him was a Chaplain of the Blood Angels. One of the guardians of the lost, though there were not many of those these days. Out with the old, in with the new. He heard the voice say again. He pushed it aside quickly and focused on the task at hand. He followed the Chaplin sharing minor stories of the events out in the Ghoul Stars and listened to the suggestions of the Chaplain in the hopes of learning more about how the other chapters were fairing under Dante's command. The Flesh Tearers were spread far and wide and had not stopped more than a few years to pick up and train new recruits and resupply. As it turned out, it was the same for every other chapter of the blood. It was a busy time.

The Chaplain led Alessandro into a small hall decorated with fireplaces and banners for every chapter of the blood that accepted invitation to the event. Though he was surprised to see another contestant had beaten him here. The scent of blood from the many pitchers on the table riled his thirst but he held his fangs back, just barely.

Alessandro walked up to his fellow contestant and smiling confidently he raised his right hand in welcome, "Alessandro, Captain of the 5th company of the Flesh Tearers." He knew his chapters reputation. He knew this was an odd way to greet a soldier but he had learned a lot on Baal, most of all was the importance of blood and how to show respect to he fellow brothers of the blood.

((@sfPanzer - Up to you if you want to join in! You were the only person on the lists before me sir! :biggrin.: ))

((@Xenith - I hope this is what you were looking for))

Edit: Some grammar corrections. Might make more later but won't change any of the bigger details.

Raphanael had arrived early. Direct order of the Chapter Master. He was told to be in best shape and he just returned from a battleground against a splinter fleet of Leviathan that got a bit too close to the sector again. Not something he was very fond of when he could have continued fighting but it can't be helped. Orders are absolute and the Chapter Master is not someone you want to get mad. He saw it once and it was not pretty. If he didn't before then after then he definitely believed the rumour of the Chapter Master being one of the original Knights of Blood.

That however is not something they'd go around telling others. The Knights of Blood are gone. Sacrificing themselves to buy others a little bit more time to defend Baal. Dante has decreed to not rebuild their Chapter to honour their last action. The fact that his chapter, the Knights of Baal, share a lot of similarities and are lead by one of the original Knights of Blood, is just an unofficial compromise after Chapter Master Kerubiel returned from the Deathwatch and urged Dante to fight for the Blood Angels again after he failed to arrive in time to take part in the defense against Leviathan. Since then a few others from the Deathwatch have joined the Knights of Baal.

He wondered why they chose him to be the chapters Champion today instead of taking part themselves.

Be that as it is, now he's here, waiting in the great hall trying to resist the temptation to feast early and being generally bored as his thoughts poking around in the past made obvious. Just as he thought about giving in and taking a cup he noticed a Chaplain arriving with another contestant. He noticed that unlike him the new arrival is no Primaris. That means he must be either one of the survivors of the Devastation, or a new recruit who made a name for himself extremely fast.

He returned the introduction,

"Raphanael, Captain of the Knights of Baals 2nd Company. It's an honour to meet the champion of the Flesh Tearers."

He remembered that the chapter the Knights of Blood bought time for was the Flesh Tearers. Now the connection between his and the Knights of Bloods chapter is not a widely known one, especially since they're a newly formed chapter, but Raphanael is sure his opposite noticed the similarities of name and chapter badge. If that's not enough, the colours of his battle plate will make it all the more obvious once the fighting begins.

This will be an interesting encounter during the tournament if fate wills it so, he thought to himself.

((@Aothaine - There you go. My creative writing is a bit rusty tho. :tongue.: ))

Edited by sfPanzer

Chapter

Blood Angels

Librarian of the blood angels: Rafaele Estole

-: War Gear :-

{Jump pack}

{Force Axe}

{Inferno pistol}

{4 Re-rolls including B&Z and ETL}

][161 Points ][

Image to follow as he is part of my current ETL vow.

med_gallery_95687_14403_724707.jpeg

Psychic powers: smite, Wings of Sanguinius, Quickening

Rafaele, Librarian assigned to the Blood Angels 3rd company, strode purposefully down the corridor, his deliberate pace hiding the nervousness he felt in his hearts. He had unflinchingly faced down some of the most physically and psychically terrifying foes of the tyranid horde had to offer, but being summoned to the chambers of Lord Mephiston always filled him with dread. Though the Death Lord had never been anything but cordial, there was just a sense of... wrongness about him that one didn’t have to be a Psyker to feel.

Rafaele was snapped out of his reverie when the chamber door loomed in front of him, he could sense the Death Lord behind it and he was sure the he could sense Rafaele’s unease. He started to raise his hand to the controls when they opened on their own to reveal the pale form of of the Blood Angels chief librarian standing in the doorway.

“I’ve been expecting you.” Spoke the Death Lord. “Please come in.”

Mephiston led Rafaele to a small table and a couple of chairs and sat down. “Tell me, how has your transfer to the Iron Helms company been going so far?”

“So far, it has been going well. Captain Antargo has been a most gracious host.”

Mephiston smiled in his usual unnerving manner. “I thought you might be a good fit to replace their last posted librarian after he fell to the flaw. I suspect your time assigned to The Blooded may likely have had a positive effect on your resistance to it.” He face went serious again. “As pleased I am to hear that, that’s not why I called you here.”

“Why did you then?”

Again with that unnerving smile, wider this time. “Are you familiar with the Feast of blades...?”

Edited by Paladin777

Alessandro's instincts roared at him and his mind raced. Something about Raphanael seemed familiar but just out of focus. Perhaps it was just his imagination. He recognized the colors and nearly exact appearance to the Knights of Blood that the Knights of Baal had and he understood the meaning of the creation of the chapter. An unspoken honor to remember those that fought and died for the chapters of the blood. Alessandro knew he and his chapter owed a debt that could never be repaid and only hoped that their struggle for the Imperium and continued resistance to the black rage would suffice. 

Taking a deep breath he glanced around briefly and let his body relax. "I had heard the stories of these event from my brothers for years. Though I never thought I would be sent here. It is an honor to meet you brother Raphanael and will be even more so shall we meet each other upon the arena." he said as he walked over to one of this lit fire places. He noticed they were burning actual wood then as the smell of oak and pine intermingled in his sensory organs. It reminded him of nights on Cretacia before being selected. A hard but calming memory. "I suppose the others will be arriving soon. Do you know of any of the other contestants?"

((sfPanzer: You were brilliant! Thanks for the response. I can tend to be a little long winded when I'm role-playing so don't feel like you need to type more or less because of me. :/ I just really enjoy role-playing and I am really looking forward to the new RPG coming out in a few months.))

Captain Neal Rakton:

8FYoGij.jpg

“An endangered species.” Captain Rakton grunted, grimacing as he knelt and recited his liturgy, before preparing for his long journey. The Resplendent Knight, honoured Varsival - his liege, his mentor, his friend - had summoned him that morning.

“Our time is nearly up, Neal.” He had said, sorrow darkening his noble face. “Our veteran brothers cannot fight indefinitely without backup, without resupply and without any support from Kanvolis.”

Rakton sighed, allowing himself to remember once more that paradise which had been taken from them. News had filtered through of the desecration of the temples, the burning of the manuscripts and tapestries, the cataclysmic purge carried out on the orders of Chaplain Malvoisin (Rakton spat as he recalled the name, acid melting the tiles in front of him).

How could they have been so blinded by the strange, malevolent prophet? How could their mighty intellects entertain such an obvious charlatan?

“No, soon our numbers will dwindle to none,” Varsival continued. “The Emperor’s peace comes to us all in the end. Yet, as our noble Sanguinius taught us, in sacrifice there is glory eternal.”

“Sire,” Rakton rejoined, “It has been an honour serving with you these two-hundred years. If we are to die, let us sally forth one last time, and paint the earth with the blood of our foes, with sword and hammer and bolter!”

“Abide a little longer, brave Captain!” Varsival smiled, the benign smile of an elder to his protege. “I would have you perform a final duty for me. I want you leave us, and travel to fight in the Feast of Blades. Tell our story there, make them hear. If you can, seek support to rebuild and rescue our Chapter from the madness and tyranny of the Crown of Thorns. And, if you fall, make sure that this Haiku reaches Dante:

Hail Brother Dante!

Tell all men we rose on wings

Resplendent in Flames”

Inwardly Rakton cursed, but he obeyed his Chapter Master. Besides, he thought, a vengeful smile flashing across his face, if any so-called “Angels Penitent” happen to be at the tournament, they would surely taste his thunder-hammer...

wLyHTJB.jpg

Xenith, how do you feel about the name Calen, "The Blood Hammer" as his title? Sounds quite smashing does it not?

Done. Sounds menacing .And messy. 

Captain of the 2nd Company

Leontes Kamien

And Leontes takes up the 8th spot. 

Captain Neal Rakton:

8FYoGij.jpg

Rakton's looking great - can you get a more face - on photo for his profile pic?

UPDATED to this point. 

Edited by Xenith

((sfPanzer: You were brilliant! Thanks for the response. I can tend to be a little long winded when I'm role-playing so don't feel like you need to type more or less because of me. :/ I just really enjoy role-playing and I am really looking forward to the new RPG coming out in a few months.))

Thanks. ^^

Don't worry, I like roleplaying as well. I just not that much a fan of forum or other text-based roleplaying. It's always a bit clunky compared to actually talking to eachother.

Rakton's looking great - can you get a more face - on photo for his profile pic?

Thanks, Xenith.

a8FnYLN.jpg

2631AXK.jpg

Best I can do - camera phone and can’t hold it still enough! Hope this works for you.

Edit: here are three more which may be better?

atcFkOJ.jpg

ZEpr5Zh.jpg

GUuCIyB.jpg

Edited by Zebulon

This looks really interesting! If there's still time, I might participate. Regarding the WYSIWYG rule, may I represent a Relic Blade with an Eviscerator chainsword? Or must it be the longsword found in the Vanguard Vets box?
I'm curious since it seems rather fitting for my chapter of choice, and the one defining factor for relic blades is seemingly that they are two-handed swords of some kind.

Edited by AHorriblePerson

This looks really interesting! If there's still time, I might participate. Regarding the WYSIWYG rule, may I represent a Relic Blade with an Eviscerator chainsword? Or must it be the longsword found in the Vanguard Vets box?

I'm curious since it seems rather fitting for my chapter of choice, and the one defining factor for relic blades is seemingly that they are two-handed swords of some kind.

As long as it looks like a relic!

The model has to be entered into the ETL to count for The Feast Of Blades, and that is reasonably lenient with things like that. If it gets accepted there, its accepted here (mostly).

I'm thinking of jumping in I have 2 options I'm debating. (Due to time constraints I will figure out name/story/ Awesomeness of the one going in.

I'm either going to run the Captain I'm just finishing up in my ETL vow (Twin Lightning Claws and JP), or the Primaris Sargent with Power Sword, Bolt Rifle, and Bolt Pistol (also painted in  the same Vow. 

One seems a reasonably competitive entry. On the other hand, the Sargent will get 10 rerolls (9 paid for with points/1 with the bonus roll from ETL), and would be an interesting change up from the other entries if nothing else. It would confirm/deny how strong Thunderhammers/mortal wounds are right now.

Thinking about it.

edit: Would a Primaris Sargent get the 6+++ for being a Sargent? Some places say Sargent, some say 1w Sargent.

Edited by Ornithologist

Well if you want the more competetive choice, go with the Captain. If you want to be the underdog and rely on lots and lots of luck to carry you through the duels, go with the Sergeant. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

Well if you want the more competetive choice, go with the Captain. If you want to be the underdog and rely on lots and lots of luck to carry you through the duels, go with the Sergeant. ^^

But can you imagine the glory that Sergeant would have? Holy cow! Talk about destined for greatness!

The model has to be entered into the ETL to count for The Feast Of Blades, and that is reasonably lenient with things like that. If it gets accepted there, its accepted here (mostly).

Ehhh, i'll have to vow for ETL then haha Edited by Lynnean

Ehhh, i'll have to vow for ETL then haha

Yup, the requirement that your champion be vowed in ETL and painted as part of ETL or RTS is in the description of the event in the first post - you dont have long left!

Any champions that weren't part of a vow will be subject to a severe paddlin' then DQ'd.