Xenith

gallery_58096_14830_1879.jpg

The last of the contestants has arrived, Lord. They wait. Some patiently, some tense. The rage eating at their resolve, however all in check. For now they dine to sate the thirst, then the exchange of greetings between brothers and application of battle honours, the sharing of stories, of battles won, and lost.

++Drink for the dead. Fight for the living. Ave Sanguinius.++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the entry, Bluejay, that locks us in at 16 entrants,.

Stil lwaiting for the following to add photos to their original entry post (accessible from the OP of this thread):

sfpanzer

Paladin777

Mandoloriano

Captain Helion

Apologies if you've added photos in elsewhere, it's hard to keep track - if you could assist me by editing a photo of the model into your entry post, that would be great!

Baal was so different. From the first moment Calen stepped foot upon the red sands of the irradiated wasteland he knew it. When he looked to his Reclusiarch, Hazriel had confirmed the moment. It was like the fated hand of the Emperor had guided them here to save their blood brothers and the mortal men that still drew breath. The mortals fought against the defiant world of Baal and her sister moons, who's harsh conditions wished with every fiber of existence to see the lives of men burned out. It was like a final unyielding grudge, one which the works of mankind had created. The beautiful paradises that were, in aeons past,  could have been known as the necklace of some ancient old member of a forgotten pantheon.

The long lives of the heirs of Sanguinius, were spent in meditation, reflection, duty and worksmanship. Calen's eyes looked out into the night sky, gazing with augmented eyes upon the scarred remnants of the once moon of Baal. It was like a reminder, he thought, of how close the line of Sanguinius truly came to ending. He reflected upon this, to see it so openly displayed to his brothers might they wear it in shame, would it burn like the ancient pyres of old to warm and caudal the rage within the Blood Angels ranks? So many questions, so little answers. 

The difference he summarized was hope. A primarch now walked among the living once more. Calen had looked upon him, it filled his hearts with a renewed vigor to strike out against the enemies of man. It was an inspiration he felt in his bones, reminding him of the golden warrior that was only whispered about in stories. If Calen had believed in miracles, he would have witnessed many these last few years. The Sanguinor, A Primarch, a "cure" A dimpled smirk twisted upon the right lip of the captain's face. 

A final shuttle had approached, -better late than never- he thought. 

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

The last of the contestants has arrived, Lord. They wait. Some patiently, some tense. The rage eating at their resolve, however all in check. For now they dine to sate the thirst, then the exchange of greetings between brothers and application of battle honours, the sharing of stories, of battles won, and lost.

++Drink for the dead. Fight for the living. Ave Sanguinius.++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the entry, Bluejay, that locks us in at 16 entrants,.

Stil lwaiting for the following to add photos to their original entry post (accessible from the OP of this thread):

sfpanzer
Paladin777
Mandoloriano
Captain Helion

Apologies if you've added photos in elsewhere, it's hard to keep track - if you could assist me by editing a photo of the model into your entry post, that would be great!

Taken care of.

I'm surprised Charlo didn't bring something quite stellar this go round.

I can't be the crazy show stopper on a bike EVERY year ;)

Also real life is mental at the moment and my BA vow was a trio of Knights, so unless I can enter one of those...!

There's always next year... Reclusiarch Darr'Knight shall spectate the Primaris and see if they can earn their worth in the Sanguine Vision.

I'm surprised Charlo didn't bring something quite stellar this go round.

I can't be the crazy show stopper on a bike EVERY year :wink:

Also real life is mental at the moment and my BA vow was a trio of Knights, so unless I can enter one of those...!

There's always next year... Reclusiarch Darr'Knight shall spectate the Primaris and see if they can earn their worth in the Sanguine Vision.

I was expecting an awesome Sanguinary Priest on Bike with a lightning claw and re-rolls for days, throw in a combi-x or pistol.

Wounding on 3s re-rolling failed wounds, and wounding on 2s re-rolling 1s to wound on charge/charged. :drool: 

Why not take a Combi-Melta/plasma just because, and having a chance to re-gain wounds. with all them re-rolls. at T5. :sick:

Edited by Jolemai
Removed unnecessary content

Calen's crown of platinum locks went wild by the updraft of the final freighter as it began its landing in the cold docking bay.

The third captain of the Carmine Blades was the first to see the final chapter's envoy. He had passed one of the newest frater under his company, A primaris sergeant to one of his aggressor squads. He was a full head taller than Calen.

The fellow Carmine Blade saluted his captain, and Calen returned a slightly upturned nod. Calen's hair fell back into place as heat swept across the great hall. The afterburners barely cooling as the winding symphony of machinary crept into silence.

It had been quiet in the great hall. And much time had been spent in reflection. The blood rites had been completed, Queran had finished his prayer over the "Blood Hammer" and his entourage were working their trades as artisans, but Calen felt restless. Perhaps it was the brewing storm that made his hearts thump just a step faster.

He strolled to calm himself. Were he less anxious he would be working on a new piece of artwork. A picture recanting the heroism of his lost brothers. A homage to the fallen of Baal. He had written poetry, painted, and worked with his hands the intricacies of a new bolter.

"The Feast of Blades...We will test this name indeed."

People are bringing fists and hammers to a blade fight!

I only just realized, this cannot be fair :teehee:

Would it be more fair if I'd add some blades to my hammer/fist? :tongue.:

Yes, Definitely!

The sharpest weapon is in my mouth, whelp!

You're not the librarian here!

Not to steal Xenith's thunder, but isn't it a symbolic name rather than a literal on? On a side note, one of my favorite interpretations to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet is the 1990s reimagined present day cinema where they use guns, and call them swords.

Not to steal Xenith's thunder, but isn't it a symbolic name rather than a literal on? On a side note, one of my favorite interpretations to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet is the 1990s reimagined present day cinema where they use guns, and call them swords.

gallery_58096_14830_4148.jpeg

:ph34r.:

I feel the power of Squall Lionheart coursing through my veins just by looking at this picture Xenith!

Oh I know Lynnean, you just gave me an in for the reference. :ph34r.:

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I feel the power of Squall Lionheart coursing through my veins just by looking at this picture Xenith!

Oh I know Lynnean, you just gave me an in for the reference. ::ninja

Fair, fair :tongue.:

I wouldn't mind using anything the FAQ throws at us since I didn't chose my champion based on what's most competetive anyway. However I do think it could be too much work for what it's worth to figure out all the loadouts on the fly if points change so I'm sure Xenith will just go with what we have right now and ignore any FAQ or similar. ^^

I'm sure Xenith will just go with what we have right now and ignore any FAQ or similar. ^^

Stop reading my mind and paint your champion :wink:

I don't think things will change too much for us, but the points are locked in as-is. If the FAQ does something weird like changes our chapter tactic or gives all BA rerolls with sword weapons, then I'll think, but likely wont change.