Xenith

That's pretty much what I thought. I could see a point increase to Thunder hammers up to 20-22 points.

Let's hope we dont get that evil put on us about axing the red thirst in its current state. I would hate to go back to +1 strength on the charge or ASF.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I doubt Red Thirst will get changed. It's not broken in any way or form and Space Wolves just got an equivalent rule just for hitting instead.

While off topic, +1 to hit is an order of magnitude more powerful than +1 to wound. I wouldnt worry about it. At any rate, it takes a while for communications from Holy Terra to reach Baal. The contest will take place using the ruleset that was in place at the time.

I doubt Red Thirst will get changed. It's not broken in any way or form and Space Wolves just got an equivalent rule just for hitting instead.

While off topic, +1 to hit is an order of magnitude more powerful than +1 to wound. I wouldnt worry about it. At any rate, it takes a while for communications from Holy Terra to reach Baal. The contest will take place using the ruleset that was in place at the time.

Hi every one, long time, no see.

I'm just responding to that. Marines seems to overall hit on 2+, 3+ or 4+. The wound roll on the other hand ranges from 2+ to 6+. Mathematically, it is always better to reroll the worst die (hitting or wounding) and wounding is harder in general.

I'm just responding to that. Marines seems to overall hit on 2+, 3+ or 4+. The wound roll on the other hand ranges from 2+ to 6+. Mathematically, it is always better to reroll the worst die (hitting or wounding) and wounding is harder in general.

While i agree that the worst roll is the better to re-roll, the fact that to hit precedes to wound makes to hit also more valuable. 

You'd need to hit before you wound in the end, right :P

While off topic, +1 to hit is an order of magnitude more powerful than +1 to wound.

While i agree that the worst roll is the better to re-roll, the fact that to hit precedes to wound makes to hit also more valuable. 

You'd need to hit before you wound in the end, right :tongue.:

As above, in general +1 to hit is more valuable than +1 to wound as you have more dice that will be effected by the modifier leading to higher potential damage.

That said, it doesn't hold up mathematically, so I retract my statement. I did run some stats on +1 to hit vs +1 to wound, and they work out exactly the same for models that are normally 3+ to hit, 4+ to wound, or 4+ to hit and 4+ to wound. 

My thinking is likely based of previous editions, where you would be generally hitting on a 4+, or some subconscious memory that a sword of striking was the superior choice on my Chaos lord over the sword of might.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So are we saving the Feast till after Thanksgiving?

Since we're having the chance to submit a picture of our champion until the end of Rage from Salvation the answer would be yes. ;)

Since we're having the chance to submit a picture of our champion until the end of Rage from Salvation the answer would be yes. :wink:

You should do it soon, though. Get that model painted!

Yes, mom. :P

Since we're having the chance to submit a picture of our champion until the end of Rage from Salvation the answer would be yes. :wink:

Yes, mom. :tongue.:

Mom isnt the scariest one around here! you better hurry! 

Yes, mom. :tongue.:

Mom isnt the scariest one around here! you better hurry! 

Man, that reminds me of a story I heard (just dubious enough to be true) about a legendary SEAL instructor whose callsign was "Mother."

The new guys would raise an eyebrow at the idea of such a machismo warrior having such an ...odd...callsign until it dawned just how Astartes-level bat- :censored: crazy :cuss the guy was to earn such an affectionate moniker.

I think the Medal of Honor video game character was named after said person.

Edited by Jolemai
swear filter dodge