Xenith

Ohhh snap! Do I need to take another picture of my captain and get a picture of him close up?

If you've already submitted a photo, I'll be cropping it to make a profile pic for your champion the resizing as necessary (I think to about 2cmx2cm) - whatever resolution the original photo is what you'll be stuck with.

You can switch the original photo around if you like, but I'll be using whichever photo is in your entry post when I make the fight pairings (by next weekend).

gallery_58096_14830_1879.jpg

+++Lord Dante. This year's crop of Champions seem to be very concerned with taking 'profile pics' or whatever they're called. Some are even retaking them in better lighting conditions to show off their good side - I have never seen the rear mounted pict recorder on a wrist cogitator used in such manner. I suppose this is a good thing. Exposing our darker side to the Imperium at large might not end well for the scions of the Angel...Diabocca out.+++

Edited by Xenith

I unexpectedly got a little bit of time to paint today so here's my finished Gravis Captain for now (minus the base). Still some spots left to fix but I don't have time for that right now.

Let me introduce once more the Knights of Baals 2nd Company Captain Raphanael!

B&Z entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344582-bz-2018-blood-angels-hq-stratagem/?p=5018094

ETL entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5071730

HynVCzml.jpg?1

Name: Captain Raphanael of the 2nd Company of the Knights of Baal

Wargear: Gravis Captain, Boltstorm gauntlet, Mastercrafted Powersword, 2x Re-rolls = 162p

Background:
Raphanael was one of the Primaris Marines woken up from deep slumber to join the Ultramarines Primarch Guilliman on his new Crusade like so many other. He knew his geneseed came from Sanguinius and so he was looking forward to see Baal once he learned it'll be their next destination.
Not small was his surprise as he witnessed the system and the Blood Angels including successor chapters brought to their knees by the Tyranids. Surpressing his worries of having no home to return to he was more than eager to join the battle to clean up the rest of them.
Since then he joined the newly formed Knights of Baal and faced off against colossal Tyranid monsters and Daemons alike. Always making sure to fight them face to face. He enjoyed the fight up close and personal and trusted his Gravis type armor to let him return home alive.
His Chapter Master seemed to approve of his victories and the way he achieved them and so he got send back to Baal to represent the Knights of Baal as Champion in the upcoming Feast of Blades.

(I hope that's enough background. I winged it and typed it on my mobile which was a battle itself lol)

0nU43b6l.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_58096_14830_1879.jpg

+++It begins. 16 heroes of Baal step forth into the arena, myself included to replace damned Brother Leontes of the Flesh Tearers, who fell to the Rage before their ship arrived. He is now with the Emperor. I gave him the ministrations on this day's morn, and then placed him into a stasis casket to return to Cretacia, and it is with heavy heart I test the faith and skill at arms of my brothers in Blood.+++

gallery_58096_15019_1569.jpggallery_58096_15019_1928.jpggallery_58096_15019_670.jpggallery_58096_15019_1712.jpggallery_58096_15019_394.jpggallery_58096_15019_178.jpggallery_58096_15019_1713.jpggallery_58096_15019_227.jpg

gallery_58096_15019_2715.jpggallery_58096_15019_1649.jpggallery_58096_15019_1429.jpggallery_58096_15019_437.jpggallery_58096_15019_1153.jpggallery_58096_15019_601.jpggallery_58096_15019_1380.jpggallery_58096_15019_1161.jpg

gallery_58096_15019_76029.jpg

+++++++

The brackets are decided, entrants assigned a number based on their time of entry, then paired randomly using random numbers generated from 1 - 16.

Mandoloriano is unfortunately lost in the warp and having a bionic arm fitted, so his entry is too late, and Diabocca steps in to fill the gap.

I've added character profile pics at the top of this post - no idea why they have come out at different sized - they're the same ones as in the bracket image below them.

There are lots of good looking competitors this year, and I look forward to rolling some dice for them! I hope to begin this week. Work is getting pretty hectic in the run up to Christmas, but I hope to get at least the first round done before then.

Now, time for some lighthearted banter. The first fight is between Blood Angel Raphael and Flesh Tearer Alessandro. Who do you think will win?

Edited by Xenith

I did not expect the screaming (!) face of my captain Raphael be the opening act.

My 1st company captain VS a Flesh Tearers captain Alessandro (the Great) with 4 re-rolls????

If my Tactical Dreadnought armour fails I 'm sooooo screwed......

But, defeatism is beneath me. Have you seen my melta and relic blade "Exterminatus"?

"Fall before the chapter!", and may the best captain win!

Edited by Spyros

Alright so if Raphanael wins his first battle he'll already have to face one of the dreaded SS/TH Captains...tough luck but I guess it was bound to happen eventually when aiming for the top. :P

Of course I have some favourites I hope will win their fights but I'm looking forward to all of them. Good luck everyone!

Both left and right sides of the charts are interesting, seeing as weirdly 5/7 TDA armoured models ended up on the left, while the right has two captain smashes against one another. 

No Librarians this year, which is odd seeing as they were super powerful last time.

No Librarians this year, which is odd seeing as they were super powerful last time.

If I were to guess then it would be mostly due Librarians not having a native invul save and we now having multi-damage weapons with good AP potentially ending battles way quicker without a way to protect against them. ^^

I'm actually more surprised not seeing any Chaplains since I'm convinced they'd have a good chance at winning as well.

No librarians? :ohmy.: theres two on the right haha

Ah, derp :blush.: Rafaele and Malachi, of course. 

I'm actually more surprised not seeing any Chaplains since I'm convinced they'd have a good chance at winning as well.

Chaplain Diabocca is the ringer entry for this year, as Mandoloriano unfortunately didn't get a model finished in time. 

med_gallery_93928_12938_4702.jpg

Brother sergeant Radek 1st Aggressor squad 3rd company

Wargear: Auto boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm grenade launcher

Points = 37

8 re-rolls = 120

Total= 157 pts

Link to my ETL Vow:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/page-44?do=findComment&comment=5135235

Brother Sgt Radek is fairly new to his command but has distinguished himself to be a steadfast leader. His most recent notable action was on the Forgeworld Zaprilia II against the endless Tyranids. Where he lead his squad into a vital choke point that was in danger of being overrun and held the breach for four days, Radek himself killing a Carnifex in close combat on the third day. Both of Radek's battle brothers died on the fourth day mere minutes before the contingent of Death Korps, that were dispatched to reinforce the PDF weeks before, arrived to dig in and take over the fight.

After hearing of the Feast of Blades, Radek joins to honor his fallen brothers

Well met Bother Sergeant, may our battle be an honourable one!

I think this fight will rely heavily on who gets the first turn! That's a lot of firepower. 

Weirdly, if Radek goes first, he'll move, shoot once, then assault. If Raziel goes first, he'll move, eat a double overwatch, then assault. 

When Diabocca's harsh gritty voice called out to the competitors,  each of the competitors' twin hearts quickened. Diabocca's broadcast was followed by the pairings logged across the vid feed. Each champion reacting in his own way. For Calen to be put against the Captain of the 8th company, Zedrenael. He had not himself battled alongside the Lord of Skyfall, but had heard of his impressive exploits. Calen mirrored his gear and in prestige amongst his own chapter.

Calen's lips arched into a dimpled grin. It wouldn't be long before he and Gravus would face against the famed Blood Angel. The varying champions moved into their places. Many of his cousins had landed before he stepped foot on Baal once again. Many that took part in the defense of Baal he knew not, for so much death had taken place during that dark time. A Sergeant from his own company would go against a champion lost to the archs of time and space. It was always a damned thing transversing the warp.

The galaxy was ripe with the warp storms and what may have been a few standard years for some was centuries in real space, if one could even acknowledge that as a thing anymore. Calen did find it interesting that the chaplain himself would enter the fray, however. It would indeed by quite the spectacle this feast of blades.

I think this fight will rely heavily on who gets the first turn! That's a lot of firepower. 

Weirdly, if Radek goes first, he'll move, shoot once, then assault. If Raziel goes first, he'll move, eat a double overwatch, then assault. 

That said, the combi-melta could hold the key to the outcome of the battle...

That said, the combi-melta could hold the key to the outcome of the battle...

Oh. Yea. And that.

Without any saves against the melta and it hitting on 2s re-rolling 1s the fight could end before it even begins. I sure hope it does not tho. At least it wounds only on a 3+ instead of a 2+ thanks to the Gravis armour.

May I propose Sergeants being able to re-roll opponents hit, wound and damage dice due not having an invulnerable save? :P

Without any saves against the melta and it hitting on 2s re-rolling 1s the fight could end before it even begins. I sure hope it does not tho. At least it wounds only on a 3+ instead of a 2+ thanks to the Gravis armour.

May I propose Sergeants being able to re-roll opponents hit, wound and damage dice due not having an invulnerable save? :P

They get a 6+++ for all damage in one roll. Or at least that's what I thought Xenith said.

Edit: so if the melta does 6 damage he only has to pass 1 6+++ and not 6 6+++s

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten