Xenith

This event alone is enough to push me into entering the ETL this year.

Has Kholl Grann decided to put that black carapace to work and up armour for the feast?

Also: d'aaee only 8 this time. That's very limited :sad.:

If there's a lot of interest, I'll bump it to 16 - my issue was it took me a long time to work through everything last time!

The Feast will take place after ETL and RTS to allow me to partake in both - the feat involves a lot of rolling and writing!

Edited by Xenith

Also: d'aaee only 8 this time. That's very limited :sad.:

If there's a lot of interest, I'll bump it to 16 - my issue was it took me a long time to work through everything last time!

The Feast will take place after ETL and RTS to allow me to partake in both - the feat involves a lot of rolling and writing!

Wow ... no clue what I typed there ... what the hell is "d'aaee" supposed to mean? :huh.:

Anyway great to hear that you might bump it to 16. :tu:

Positions are open for entrants into the Feast of Blade 42,018.

Vow your model in the ETL thread as normal, then repost your entry here with name, chapter, personal background, wargear etc as defined in the first post. 

For psychic powers, specify which ones. 

Be prepared for some inter-frater ribbing. 

Currently got my other Vow in progress so can't vow my contender yet... Shall I post him anyway once I've got it worked out?

Once he's vowed in ETL, then repost him here :)

Remember he has to be vowed and fully painted as part of ETL or RTS to partake in the feast.

Should encourage you to get that first vow done :wink:

Currently got my other Vow in progress so can't vow my contender yet... Shall I post him anyway once I've got it worked out?

Once he's vowed in ETL, then repost him here :smile.:

Remember he has to be vowed and fully painted as part of ETL or RTS to partake in the feast.

Should encourage you to get that first vow done :wink:

The doubles tourney at the End of June means my vow will be done :D

I'll consider adding a contender once I'm on my second ETL vow as I think he'll do better than my Chaplains...

What about yourself Xenith? Any ETL entries?

B&Z entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344582-bz-2018-blood-angels-hq-stratagem/?p=5018094

ETL entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5071730

HynVCzml.jpg?1

Name: Captain Raphanael of the 2nd Company of the Knights of Baal

Wargear: Gravis Captain, Boltstorm gauntlet, Mastercrafted Powersword, 2x Re-rolls = 162p

Background:
Raphanael was one of the Primaris Marines woken up from deep slumber to join the Ultramarines Primarch Guilliman on his new Crusade like so many other. He knew his geneseed came from Sanguinius and so he was looking forward to see Baal once he learned it'll be their next destination.
Not small was his surprise as he witnessed the system and the Blood Angels including successor chapters brought to their knees by the Tyranids. Surpressing his worries of having no home to return to he was more than eager to join the battle to clean up the rest of them.
Since then he joined the newly formed Knights of Baal and faced off against colossal Tyranid monsters and Daemons alike. Always making sure to fight them face to face. He enjoyed the fight up close and personal and trusted his Gravis type armor to let him return home alive.
His Chapter Master seemed to approve of his victories and the way he achieved them and so he got send back to Baal to represent the Knights of Baal as Champion in the upcoming Feast of Blades.

(I hope that's enough background. I winged it and typed it on my mobile which was a battle itself lol)

0nU43b6l.jpg?1

Edited by sfPanzer

I went back and read the previous Feast of Blades thread and that was very cool.  Looking forward to seeing how this year's plays out.  I don't currently have any HQ models planned for my ETL but now I'm reconsidering that.  We'll see where things stand after my first vow is complete.

I'll consider adding a contender once I'm on my second ETL vow as I think he'll do better than my Chaplains...

What about yourself Xenith? Any ETL entries?

Yup, I'll get round to it eventually, it's been a super busy month so far - also a month vacation cutting into ETL time, so it wont be a massive vow...

Keen. Subject to first ETL vow going well, my second will feature my Terminator Captain (not-Karlaen) if acceptable. Or, another HQ which doesn’t have the benefit of having been in B&Z.

Or - could I use my counts-as Malakim Phoros? Built for B&Z but painted prior to ETL as a favour to Jol’s Review/Guide threads...?

Counts-as Malakim Phoros, in pseudo-Lamenters colours:

gallery_61569_14238_175421.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_415291.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_132111.jpg

Edited by Zebulon

Keen. Subject to first ETL vow going well, my second will feature my Terminator Captain (not-Karlaen) if acceptable. Or, another HQ which doesn’t have the benefit of having been in B&Z.

Or - could I use my counts-as Malakim Phoros? Built for B&Z but painted prior to ETL as a favour to Jol’s Review/Guide threads...?

Counts-as Malakim Phoros, in pseudo-Lamenters colours:

gallery_61569_14238_175421.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_415291.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_132111.jpg

Phoros is already painted, I'm afraid, characters have to be vowed for ETL and painted during ETL or RTS.

Once my flybrarian is done for the ETL I’d like to submit him.

Check the rules on the first page, I think a libby dread is too many points? Or is it a regular JP Libby?

B&Z entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344582-bz-2018-blood-angels-hq-stratagem/?p=5018094

ETL entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5071730

Wargear: Gravis Captain, Boltstorm gauntlet, Mastercrafted Powersword, 2x Re-rolls = 162p

Background:

Raphanael was one of the Primaris Marines woken up from deep slumber to join the Ultramarines Primarch Guilliman on his new Crusade like so many other. He knew his geneseed came from Sanguinius and so he was looking forward to see Baal once he learned it'll be their next destination.

Not small was his surprise as he witnessed the system and the Blood Angels including successor chapters brought to their knees by the Tyranids. Surpressing his worries of having no home to return to he was more than eager to join the battle to clean up the rest of them.

Since then he joined the newly formed Knights of Baal and faced off against colossal Tyranid monsters and Daemons alike. Always making sure to fight them face to face. He enjoyed the fight up close and personal and trusted his Gravis type armor to let him return home alive.

His Chapter Master seemed to approve of his victories and the way he achieved them and so he got send back to Baal to represent the Knights of Baal as Champion in the upcoming Feast of Blades.

(I hope that's enough background. I winged it and typed it on my mobile which was a battle itself lol)

The first challenger arises! Can you please add a photo of him to your original post when he's painted?
Edited by Xenith

B&Z entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344582-bz-2018-blood-angels-hq-stratagem/?p=5018094

ETL entry: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5071730

Background:

The first challenger arises! Can you please add a photo of him to your original post when he's painted?

That was the plan. :wink:

Not sure how I derped but the correct point value is 164p instead of 162p.

Edited by sfPanzer

-=Alessandro, Captain of the Flesh Tearers 5th Company=-

med_gallery_69175_14561_41278.jpg
-=Background=-
Alessandro, captain of the Flesh Tearers’ 5th company. A dream come true. He had only seen the livery of the 5th company in the monastery back on Cretacia. It had been decades since he had last been there. He was elected into his position to keep watch of the new recruits, both scouts and primaris. In battle he made his own decisions but was always willing to take the advice of his fellow brothers. It didn’t take long for him to accept the primaris under his command and for them to respect him as well. Since their last stand on Baal Prime he has been in countless battles and still remains undefeated on the battlefield.
Having experienced the full pressure of rage from the daemon Ka’Bandha he has since learned to control the thirst to an extent. Around 30 years after the events at Baal he was tasked with patrols through the north eastern parts of Ultima Segmentum and has led many campaigns against xenos and traitors alike.
Alessandro has a love for the melee just as any Flesh Tearer does. But he has been able to control his company to wait until the right moment to break the back of the enemy. His company focuses equally on bolter drills and melee combat. He has developed his company into a fast and brutal force that utilities the bolter and it's variants to extraordinary levels. his preferred method of combat is to bate the enemy to expose a fake weakness in their lines and counter charge as soon as the opponent attempts to take advantage of it.
His personal wargear consists of Terminator Armour and an ancient suit of power armour worn by many captains going back to the original legion. His combi-grav, Bitter's End, is an ancient weapon provided to him by the forge world Hastus for helping them defeat an Alpha Legion insurgency. He is pious and single minded when set to a goal, willing to do almost anything to achieve it.
His most recent victory was upon the sands of the desert planet Livaaht. A long thought dead world turned out to be a treasure trove of minerals and rare resources as the planet had been soaking meteor impacts for millions of years for the smaller orbiting planet that housed the gaia world of Valen Prime, a miliary world much like Cadia geared toward fighting Orks in the north eastern Ultima Segmentum.
When the call came for him to return to Cretacia he did as commanded and was bestowed the honor of representing his company and chapter at the Feast of Blades. His company was ordered to re-equip, repair and pick up new recruits. He was then ordered to leave for the competition.
-=Loadout=-
Captain - Power Fist, Combi-Grav, Rerolls x4 - 163 points
+1 Reroll (ETL)
Edited by Aothaine

Great work Aothaine!

Can you please add in the wargear loadout and points cost into the post?

I will do so when I get home tonight. Sorry about that.

Knights of Blood Baal and Flesh Tearers as firsts to join the fight. How fitting. ^^

Captain Alessandro looks awesome. Very unique. And your background writing is definitely better than my winged job. :P

For the spirit of the game are you going to put limitations on successor chapters with regards to war gear? i.e. Only <Blood Angels> may take the Hammer of Baal or the Angeles wing? or is it opened up to successors with a different tag? Say <Sons of Baal> as an example.

I think limiting to no relics at all would be best, to be honest.

Also, I shall be entering, for the glory of the Blood Owls, one Captain in Cataphracti Armour, with chainfist and combi-melta, totalling 167pts. Name and backstory to follow.

Edited by CaptainHelion