Xenith

• 2 weeks later...

+++Thought for the day+++

In a universe of unknown horrors, only the strong prosper .

+++END+++

+++ROUND 1, FIGHT 7+++

Combatants

Primaris Intercessor Sargent Marcellus Benedict - Squad 16, Company 2 of the Blood Angels Chapter

Equipment of note:
Power Sword
Bolt Rifle
Bolt Pistol
9 Rerolls - plus 1 Bonus for ETL entry - 10 total.

gallery_104017_14504_467568.jpg

Chief Librarian of the Exsanguinators Malachi Mordred

Wargear:

- Terminator Armour, Force Sword, Storm Shield

Psychic Powers:
- Wings of Sanguinius
- Quickening
- Smite

gallery_32953_14693_651556.jpg

FIGHT

Sergeant Marcellius Benedict felt out of place among these titans of the various chapters of the scions of Sanguinius, ancient heroes bound by blood. He knew this was wrong. He was Primaris, and although he had only been in active service for a century or so before the Light of Guilliman reunited him with his chapter, he had partaken in brutal fighting all that while. No rest, no respite. Sergeant Benedict seemed destined for greatness, surmounting all odds, surviving when he and his squad should have been obliterated. It was for his deeds of valour on the battlefield that he was forwarded to the feast, his captain urging him to partake in to observe, to learn, to improve upon, to return greater than he was before.

As a Primaris Intercessor, his strongest weapon was the Cawl-Forged rifle held loosely in his hands, Benedicts aim unerringly true. And deadly. He stepped forward into the arena and offered his opponent a salute. This would be a tough fight.

Malachi Mordred of the Exsanguinators rolled his shoulders inside his hulking terminator armour, slab fronted storm shield heavy in his hand. He closed his eyes and opened his mind to the warp, drawing on a portion of it’s power. Mordred’s eyes flicked open, and his dark helm was lit from within by balefire.

Begin.

Wasting no time, Benedict strafed sideways, relying on the relatively poor maneuverability of the terminator armour to protect him, keep him out of view of the Librarian. High velocity bolt rounds spat from the muzzle of his bolt rifle, most pattering harmlessly from the shield arrayed in front of the Exsanguinator, however as the sergeant continued his transverse motion, the bolts bit in to ancient ceramite, shards of broken armour spalling away under the onslaught. A hiss of pressured air as shrapnel hit exposed cabling. If he found more weaknesses, he could have this.

Marcellus blinked, and the Librarian was gone. Almost too late he unsheathed his power sword and brought it in front of him, where it range with the force of an impact as the heat-hazed outline of the Librarian appeared in front of him where previously there was air. Gritting his teeth as he was forced back by the blow, Benedict continued to fire point blank into Mordred’s armour, but the huge bulk of the librarian absorbed all the fire.

Mordred advanced relentlessly, his mighty servo assisted armour crushing down on the Blood Angel. Benedict span away from the Librarians sword, the force of Mordred’s blow causing him to stagger forward, the spectators at the arena edge leaned forwards at the sergeant gracefully turned and wheeled away from the librarian, all the while pouting fire into the joints of the ancient terminator armour, the pinpoint precise shots almost too fast to register. To Mordred, it was as though the world was moving in slow motion. The sergeant aimed as quickly as he could, however the Exsanguinator was well versed in maximising the combat effectiveness of his armour, turning this way and that so the bolt rounds glanced harmlessly off. His arm lanced out sideways, catching Benedict off guard, the force sword biting into the armour of the Blood Angel’s armour. Benedict parried the blow before it could penetrate further and launched a savage riposte, the powered tip of his own sword lunging for the neck seals on the terminator plate, but Mordred was too quick, the blade that was behind Marcellus and should have been out of reach was now in front of him at impossible speed, the sergeants blade point aiming at the flat of the force weapon. With a flick of the wrist, Mordred angled his blade to that Benedict’s power weapons glanced upwards, catching the cowl of his Terminator armour, the shower of sparks emanating from the gouge the only effect. Unbalanced by the deflection, Marcellus could do nothing as Mordred drove his shield into his chest plate, ceramite cracked and splintered, warning runes lit up in Marcellus’s optics as major systems were compromised. A jabbing punch from the pommel of Mordred’s force weapon cracked that optic a second later, and Benedict was forced ever backwards by the Librarians onslaught. The follow up downward stroke smashed the blade from his hand, flashes lighting the arena as the blade skittered across the stone floor. The Librarians blood was up, and Marcellus was lucky not to have lost his hand, he knew this, and knew when to withdraw. His palms opened, and vox grille clicked to transmit:

“I yield, Exsanguinator”.

The Librarian, suddenly aware of his surrounding froze, panting, then lowered his arms.

Mordred wins.

Roll by roll:

Roll for initiative: Marcellus 5, Malachi 3. Marcellus begins.
Marcellus moves 6” forwards to 12” range. Aims with bolt rifle and hits on 2,3, rerolled to 3,6. Wounds on 3,4, rerolled to 3,4. Saves on 3.
Attempts to charge. Fails.
Malachi’s turn. Moves 5” forwards to 7” range. Random power on d3, 1 wings, 2 quickening, 3 smite. Rolls 2 quickening. Cast on an 8. Attempts to charge. Overwatch from Marcellus 1,5 rerolled to 3,5. Wounds on 3,5, rerolled to 3,5. Saved on a 6.
Malachi gets +3” from quickening, needs a 4 to get in rolls a 6. Malachi strikes first with 3+2 attacks, hitting on 1,2,3,4,5, rerolled to 2,3,4,4,5 wounds on 2,4,4,5.
Marcellus rolls to save: 3,4,4, rerolled to 2,4,4, rerolled to 2,3,6 (because, come on, guys, be nice), RUGGED roll 3,4, rerolled to 4. Marcellus takes 2 wounds and goes down.

Standings:

gallery_58096_15019_111149.jpg

Edited by Xenith

Damn, that write up was astoundingly good!

I LOVED it, character depiction was so fitting as well!

Well fought marcellus, you brought honour to your chapter!

Onwards! To the next round!

• 2 weeks later...

+++Thought for the day+++

Innocence proves nothing.

+++END+++

+++ROUND 1, FIGHT 8+++

Fight 8 Blood Angels Chaplain Diabocca vs Blood Angels Librarian Rafaele Estole, brought to you by Dont be Haten

Combatants

gallery_58096_14830_1879.jpg

Chaplain Diabocca

Crozius Arcanum, Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol, 4 rerolls - 159pts, +2 rerolls from ETL+B&Z.

med_gallery_95687_14403_724707.jpeg

Librarian of the blood angels: Rafaele Estole

-War Gear : Jump pack, Force Axe, Inferno pistol, 4 Re-rolls including B&Z and ETL. 161 Points

FIGHT

The iron throne sat empty, except for the busying menials hefting their lord's jump pack over his shoulders. A hardened warrior that had seen battles inumerable. His silver death mask hiding the scars of a once angelic persona. Behind the permanent scream of a fierce warrior held the thoughts of the Chaplain Diabocca. The menials had set upon his mighty shoulders, his wings. Diabocca shrugged to regain the muscle memories he so adored when preparing for battle. Under his breath the warrior priest whispered the litanies of blood to steel his twin beating hearts, lest to fall to his captive rage. The Chaplain's all held their prayers in high regard for they were the heart and soul of their brethren.

He jumped from the ledge of the throne spire, feet planting into the arena. It was his turn now, and his opponent was none other than a brother of his loyal chapter. Rafaele Estole: librarian, keeper of blood, witch. Diabocca pointed his crozium in the direction of the blue knight. The harsh voice of the chaplain rang forth, "I see you Brother Estole. As I did in all your wayward glory, bring down the mighty abominations of the hive. You are a savior and a destroyer all in one with the powers your witch-eye hold. Show me then, that devil's luck!"

Estole, a librarian and counsellor to many in the ranks of the Blood Angels mirrored the lord's appearance. He too favored the exhilarating feelings of flight as he crashed into the cacophonies of war. The difference being but an axe filled with the essence of his own powers in place of the holy crozium. He grinned his fanged teeth to the goading of his prophetic equal. "And I watched as you guided many lost souls into the jaws of madness Diabocca. Do not think I have not craved this less than you."

His voice was more pure, but no less threatening. Estole had found himself in the arena now too. His axe sparked and thrummed with the powers of both his psychic presence and the energies that held them at bay.

Vigorously he began to chant, except his words were not prayers but rather incantations. "By the blood we maim, by the blood we slay...."

Estole had no intention to be caught off card like the Captain of the Carmine Blades he had witnessed only a few short matches before, he would overwhelm the Lord of the Feast and end things quickly. Witch fire spat from his eyes, as he screamed his chant to a crescendo, "by the blood we save!!!"

Diabocca fell to his knee, he wretched as the impurities of the warp found their ways through his armour, it was as if his very soul had been set ablaze by the witch's sorcery.

"Urghh! Damn you, you witch-bastard!" He spat, as he swallowed hard. The bile that churned in the back of his throat and nostrils, pooled in his sinus cavity. Unimaginable hatred is all that he could now feel. The psychic pain threw him into disarray. But the chaplain would not allow this to bring him low.

Estole had crippled the senses of his opponent. The vibrant hue of unnatural red and orange flared like an illuminating signal to bring light to night black as pitch. He raised his infernus pistol to finish the job, the thrum of melta echoed in the arena chambered as it expelled the heat to turn even tanks to slag. He would not aim to kill his brother, but show him the fury he possessed by blowing off his arm and ending the duel here and now was his intention.

But it was not to be! The holy Rosaries blunted the beam and forced it wide, leaving a crater and fused rockcrete splattered in several directions behind Diabocca. Estole would not lose this moment, the upper hand was his, he lunged forward again, the thrusters of his blue jump pack fired and he kicked himself off the ground ready to bear down his axe on his brother, he had all the momentum.

Victory was on his lips, Diabocca was still on a knee, and seemed to be full of blinded rage.

Diabocca reached for his own infernus pistol. Barely able to keep a single eye open.

Diabocca fought his senses. "Not yet..." Grunted the Chaplain.

Estole advanced closer.

"Not yet..." The chaplain repeated.

"Estole was but a hand's breath from the Lord of the Feast, his axe was coming down with uncaged fury.

In the flash of twin heart beats, the chaplain curved his body, igniting his own jump pack to shoulder the unrelenting librarian. His free hand reached up and grabbed the axe as it fell. Before Estole could blink, a mimicking whirr and thrum of concentrated heat purred as the Chaplain thrusted the infernus pistol into the throat of the librarian.

Estole, the keeper of the blood, had been bested, even if it was by the smallest of chances. The axe fell dormant and he choked out the words, "I yield brother..."

Roll by roll:
Spoiler

Roll for initiative

Diabocca 2, Rafaele 6.

Rafaele jumps 12” forward to 6” distance. Attempt to cast smite, cast on 8. D3 mortal wounds, rolls 6 and Diabocca takes 3 wounds and has 1 wound remaining. Rafaele Fires infernus pistol, hits on 6. Wounds on 4. Saved on 2 rerolled to 5. Attempt to charge. Diabocca Overwatch hits on 6, wounds on 1 rerolled to 3. Damage rolled 5 wounds, Rafaele is down.

Standings:

gallery_58096_15019_42137.jpg

And there we have it, the first round completed - we have a lot of Tactical Dreadnought Armour arrayed in front of us - that 2+, 5++ and extra wound really seem to help out!

Edited by Xenith

Damn that was a close one. With the taste of victory he lost by a devastating Overwatch shot. :o

With only 1 wound left too! A little behind the scenes note on this. Xenith was afraid it was going to be a boring fight, because there wasnt a lot to work with.

Interesting side note, last time around it was the thunder hammer and storm shield that proved menacing, now it seems as though the melta weapons have come into their own!

• 1 month later...

Just an update guys, I will be taking over responsibilities for the FoB going forward. Xenith was kind enough to entrust me with finishing everything up.

Once I get the final bouts rolled for and written up I will be posting them here.

I'm going to do my very best in the coming weeks to have this event completed for Xenith, and for you all whose continuing love for BA keep things like this alive.

I want you all to think of me as babysitting Xenith's awesome event rather than adopting it. The only difference being I'm going to add my own little bit of flair in terms of writing etc.

I will let you know as things progress forward.

Hi all,

As you may have suspected, 2019 is hitting me pretty hard, it's been one thing after the other and I am currently unable to mentally or physically give any time to hobbies right now. This will go on for some months as I make life changes. As such it is with sadness and joy that I've asked if DBH can carry on the Feast to its conclusion, as you know, he's already written some of the last fights and proven his calibre, and I am confident it's in extremely capable hands.

Thanks for all the enthusiasm and support for this, and enjoy the rest of the fights. I'm not likely to be on the forum so much in the near future, but I'll try to check in once in a while to see how it's going.

Cheers, Xen

Edited by Xenith