Xenith

Just wanted to up date you folks. No rolls have been performed yet. But I'm hoping to have this finished by the end of July. That's my dead line I've set for myself.

It comes down to setting enough time aside to do it. I'm committed, and I want to keep everyone in the loop. 

Otherwise. 

CARRY ON!

I'll do my best!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

• 5 weeks later...

Okay gents,

Goal is to have everyone rolled and done by the end of the week. Write ups will follow. School has been so crazy and finals are right here in front of me!

If things change I will update! 8 weeks with 8 tests in a row has really hampered everything.

Smoke, or was it fog? Whatever it was, pooled like spiderwebbed translucent strings sprawled across the irradiated desert sands. Dragon's breath steamed out of the mouths of menials. Their lungs exhaled the visible breaths of each of the thousand or so that were in charge of the day to day affairs of the hallowed fortress monastery. The feast's was growing to a close. Eight champions sired by Sanguinius remained.

Each a lord amongst their chapters. By happenstance, or fate of the Emperor, it is unknown how these titans among Angels will emerge. Only the lady of fate shall decide how these transcendent men will fair.

Calen, the Blood Hammer, leaned upon the hilt of Gravis. He licked his fangs resting his chin upon the eloquent silver ball of his ancient thunder hammer.

"Tsk!" Sucked air from his teeth. "These next few battles shall see our truest champions crowned. Let us see if they are up to the test."

Calen looked to his famous entourage and grew a Cheshire grin. "What say you Quran? Are the bastards lords of their fate or are their die cast for the 'Feast of Blades'...?"

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Time passed, but just as well, because repairing the precious Tactical Dreadnought armour takes tremendous skill and effort. Captain Alessandro's Power fist had seen to that... In contrast, Raphael's broken ribs healed in no time thanks to his transhuman physiology. His arm took more time, and now he spend his remaining time in the training cages. His parrying moves were lacking, he had been relying on his armour's inviolability far too much. He couldn't afford the same mistake again, or captain Rakton's Thunder hammer would definitely cost him an arm in the next fight...

• 2 weeks later...

Elite 8 are all rolled for. Some really interesting fights happened. Crazy how the dice work. I think you lot will be surprised at some of these battles. Will have the write ups finished tonight or tomorrow. Will post as soon as everything is sorted.

Elite 8 are all rolled for. Some really interesting fights happened. Crazy how the dice work. I think you lot will be surprised at some of these battles. Will have the write ups finished tonight or tomorrow. Will post as soon as everything is sorted.

I'm both scared and exited now lol

+++ ROUND 2 FIGHT 1 +++

Raphael vs Neal Rakton

gallery_58096_15019_2715.jpg vs gallery_58096_15019_1712.jpg

The Feast had moved on to a new grade of feats. It was to Raphael’s angelic visage that stared at his opponent, Neal Rakton. Golden was his opponent’s armor. Sapphire jewels glinted the reflection of the red behemoth that stood on the other end of the arena. Each lord mirrored one another in some fashion. Raphael with his ancient blade of kings, and Neal with his exquisite thunder hammer.

Raphael took the first move thirsting to test out his skills against his cousin. His tactical dreadnought armor moved him forward. He began to tease his opponent with a fusillade of bolter fire. The blasts of rocket powered carbon splattered across the arena ferocrete and sand, creating splatters of dust and large holes punches into the walls. The Melta steamed and missed its mark.

Rakton took the gode well. He felt sparks hit his own terminator armor as he advanced. The ancient suit held true, as it did through countless battles for Rakton. He returned his brother’s jester in kind, but closer sparked far more bolter rounds. Heat marks arose as they pinned and whirled off of Raphael’s armor. His armor too held true!

The two agreed it would need to be settled in true Blood Angel fashion. Rakton took the upper hand as the barrage had stunned Raphael for a moment. That instant found Rakton on Raphael with haste.

Raphael, in that moment he realized Rakton had already pressed through the gap in the span of twin-heartbeats. The red armored terminator let loose a fool hardy try to stifle the advance, it was too late! He wouldn’t have time to react appropriately. The crafted thunder hammer had crashed into his shoulder that held the relic blade. The force of the blow moved Raphael. He fixed his metallic boot to brace for the second impact, but the blow hit exactly in the same spot. It broke bone and tore ligaments. Raphael grunted as his strong grip loosened on the blade, and went limp.

Rakton’s third blow came with the calamity that was just as fierce as the previous two. But this time the bludgeon stopped just short of cleaving the arm of his opponent off. “Well Fought Lord Raphael!”

“Aye,” Raphael spoke through clenched teeth, ignoring the pain, but cursing his own bad fortue in his head.

By the rolls

Initiative: Rphael 6 Rakton 1

Raphael moves up 5” Towards Rakton, due to TDA 13” away, outside of rapid fire and melta range. Fires 1 bolter shot, Hits on 3. Wounds on 6. Rakton saves on 6.
Rakton goes. Moves up 5” Rakton unleashes 4 bolter rounds from storm bolter 1, 4, 4, 5. Rites of battle activates: rolls 2. Rolls to wound 1, 2, 6. Re-roll to wound 4, 5. Raphael rolls to save 1, 5, 5. Re-rolls to 3. No wounds. Rakton charges rolls 5 & 2 for 7”. Gets within 1” Raphael overwatch 2,2,4. Re-rolls melta 3. Rakton swings 1,2,4,5 rites of battle activates: 5. Rakton rolls to wound Triple 5s!
Raphael’s invulnerable save kicks in. 1, 3, 6 no more re-rolls Raphael takes 6 damage. Rakton Wins!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Again, please include the picture and loadout etc of the participants in the post?
I really don't remember them by just their name alone and so I have to look them up by hand which requires to go to the first page, search for the name and then click on the link ... twice. Very bothersome when you just want to read the fight. :sweat:

Also: ouch. As expected Thunderhammers are a scary weapon to face. Betting on a single Melta shot instead of taking a hammer as well didn't work out for Raphael unfortunately.

Edited by sfPanzer

+++ Round 2 Fight 2 +++

Volan vs Raziel
gallery_58096_15019_178.jpg vs gallery_58096_15019_1153.jpg

The blood from Raphael’s arm had barely begun to clot when the next two champions of Baal stepped forth onto the arena. These two were much like their predecessors. Except their armor even more ancient and refined than that of the previous two competitors. These two giants both sported the holy cataphractii terminator armor.

Raziel saluted Volan, and Volan returned the jesture. Volan’s armor was a deep crimson in color. It had seen battles uncounted with the ‘Owl’

Raziel spoke with the pure angelic voice staticed by the vox of his angelic death mask. “Ever I have had the honour to meet blades with that of a chapter master…Honour me, my lord, with a match that shall draw the envy of all who watch here today.”

A fanged dimpled grin ross across the beautiful face of the ‘Owl.’ “Former. Former chapter master, that title goes elsewhere now.”

The Captain nodded to his opponent, “Then let us begin!”

Volan took the initiative, and moved forward. The servos of his armor whirred and screeched with each languid step he took forward. Volan opened with an opportunistic barrage of his combi-melta. The majority of the hits are just out of range, but one bolt round does ping off the golden armor of Raziel.

Raziel returns lurching forward, the golden armor holds true through each unending blast of bolter fire. The sparks fly as he lifts his own combi-melta closing the gap slowly between the two space marines. Raziel’s own furious combi-weapon screamed the cacophonies of fire power as they found their mark, only to be halted by the ancient cataphractii’s force shield.

Raziel never to give up the element of upper hands lunges forward, his own servos singing in quick unison. His movements are stopped short by the Owl’s own return fire!

Volan’s combi-weapon slowed the golden captain’s advance turning the tables on his opponent, he then retook the initiative and lunged forward. His own weapon never ending its relentless firepower only to bounce off Raziel’s armor like the ancient rock weapons of terra would against any superior technological armor of that day. Volan’s weapon came to its furious end when he used his opponent’s mass to slow his charge! His rage and fury was a sight to be hold!

Volan raised his chain fist high, swinging down against Raziel’s own combi-bolter, knocking the weapon from his hand as the bolt rounds flowed like rain. The cumbersome chain fist off set Volan’s surprise attack, hitting the captain in the shoulder and chest, but with each attempt at activating the chainfists carnage the golden captain would rotate or feint out of reach. The pain from pressure wasn’t enough to detour the counter attack.

Raziel’s own blade was more nimble and swift. It found its mark true! The speed of each champion was fierce, Raziel’s however had turned the more cumbersome chainfist to his advantage. He was like a fencer attacking with ferocity and accuracy. Each hit was felt met their mark. Death by a thousand cuts! The speed at which Raziel parried and combined attacks rent the Owl’s armor and blood filled in the back of his throat as each strike cut deep into tissue and split bone.

The Owl’s pride was strong, but he knew he had been bested. Before Raziel could strike again, the former chapter master raised his hand and spoke, “I yield brother, the battle honours are yours!”

Raziel turned his relic blade and planted it into the arena’s earth. He kneeled down, grasped his cousin in a battle brothers hand shake, rose him to his feet. “Nay, it is still ours.”

By the rolls

Initiative Volan 4 Raziel 2

Volan moves up 4” towards Raziel, 14” away shoots 1 bolted shot. Hits on 5. Rolls 1 to wound. no re-rolls.
Raziel’s turn. Moves up 4” within 9” Shoots both weapons Bolted rapid fire. 1, 3 rites of battle activates re-rolls to 1. Melta fires, hits on 4! Wound rolls, bolter 6 melta 3! Volan’s invulnerable kicks in. DOUBLE 6!! No wound! Raziel charges double 3 not enough to get in re-roll activates rolls 5 & 2 for 7” still not enough to get into combat. Volan’s overwatch Bolter, 2, 6, melta 3. Rolls to wound 2.
Volan moves up 4” towards Raziel 6” away. Fires both weapons 2 bolter shots 4, 5. Melta 2. To wound rolls 1, 6. Raziel saves on 3. Volan charges rolls 5 & 3 for 8” Raziel overwatches, bolter 2, 6, Melta 5. Rolls 3 to wound. Volan attacks with chain fist. Rolls to hit: 2, 2, 3, 4. Wounds on 3 and 6. Raziel’s invulnerable save kicks in. Saves on 5, 6 no wounds!
Raziel attacks back. 1, 4, 6, 6. Rites of battle kicks in: rolls 5. To wound rolls, 2, 2, 3, 6. Volan’s invulnerable activates. 1, 1, 2, 6 (gross) Raziel’s damage on d3. 2 (1d) 2(1d) 6! (3d) Volan has 1 wound left!
Raziel begins the assault. To hit 1,2,3,3 Rites of battle activates rolls 6. Rolls to wound (No red Thirst now) 3,4,4,6. Volan’s invulnerable activates. 1,2,2,2 (yeouch!) Volan falls. Raziel wins!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Again, please include the picture and loadout etc of the participants in the post?

I really don't remember them by just their name alone and so I have to look them up by hand which requires to go to the first page, search for the name and then click on the link ... twice. Very bothersome when you just want to read the fight. :sweat:

Also: ouch. As expected Thunderhammers are a scary weapon to face. Betting on a single Melta shot instead of taking a hammer as well didn't work out for Raphael unfortunately.

I'll post the standings at the end. I'm doing all four of these consecutively.

I wasn't talking about the standings. Check the last two fights Xenith did for what I mean. ^^

Raphael's fears were realized... well, not exactly fears but a predicted negative outcome, for he knew no fear!

There will be penance for this failure, probably in the form of going first through the Rubicon Primaris process, when the time comes...

Besides we are all brothers here, equally the Emperor's finest.

Congratulation to the Captain of the Angels Resplendent and to Zebulon for advancing to semi-finals!

+++ Round 3 Fight 3 +++
Zendrenal vs Raphanael
gallery_58096_15019_601.jpg vs gallery_58096_15019_1569.jpg

Zendrenal had fought Calen, and won. The Blood Hammer had not been an easy foe. And he knew not to take this Gargantuan space marine lightly either. He had seen exactly how the new primaris captain in gravis armor had faired previously. Still, though the silver armor that resembled the Knights of Blood stirred in him an emotion that was common amongst many within the chapters that had survived the horrors of the hive fleet.

His distaste was well hidden behind the mask of his helmet. The emerald lenses reflected the stoic captain’s bulk, and his master crafted sword which pointed to the smaller marine.

The 10th captain saluted with his ancient thunder hammer. He would take the first move, he had the speed and angle to take advantage of his opp---Or so he thought!

It was as if Raphanael had read his opponents thoughts. He rushed forward hailing his opponent with his bolt storm gauntlet. This was more of a feint to catch Zendrenal off guard. The bolt rounds kicked up dust the same as many others before. The Jump pack captain danced aground the explosion of dirt that gushed up from the ground!

Zendrenal leaped forward, the blue fire pulsed from his thrusters as he elevated. He reached the height of his pack and dropping a krak grenade infront of Raphanael. It detonated with a glourious boom sending hordes of shrapnel all around. Two more unfortunate labatomized servitors were turned into grounded meat.

Zendrenal’s perfect arch saw his descent into his opponent. Raphanael raises his bolstorm gauntlet again attempting to gain the upper hand. He side steps the thunder hammer’s crash into the floor. It ripples with avulsion and cracks in the ground. Zendrenal’s dexterity is unmatched, he spins around using the thrusters to wail on the gravis captain. He misses a second time, the third rings true, only to be blunted by the gravis captain’s power fist. Zendrenal lariats with his storm shield and thunder hammer to dodge a return mighty punch. The shield raises just in time, it knocks the wind out of the 10th captain. The older marine looks on as the master crafted sword pierces deep into his armor puncturing a lung. Blood fills Zendrenal’s mouth, but he chokes it down hard. He kicks Raphanael in the chest to bounce off the gravis captain.

Raphanael is own him within twin-heart beats. He unleashes another thunder of rounds from his boltstorm gauntlet. He follows this up by swinging with his blade, Zendrenal is just in time to parry the blow, his other lung compensating for the increased work on breathing. The power fist slams again, and again into the shield, causing spiderwebs of energy and metal to facture the shield.

Zendrenal returns the gift of bolt rounds to force Raphanael back. He jumps up using the thrusters from his jump pack as extra force he slams into the Gravis captian. Crushing the captain’s chest with his thunder hammer, ribs break, and lungs are punctured. Cartilage tears and muscles spasm. The second hit sends the gravis captain to his knee, the third is blunted by the power fist as he just has time to match the pace. The fourth knocks the arm limp, breaking bones in two.

Raphanael coughs with a stubbornness and frustration on his tongue. “I yield Cousin.”

Zendrenal, coughs through the vox with a wet chuckle. “Finally, you tough bastard.”

By the rolls

Initiative: Zendrenal 1(+1)= 2 Raphanael 4.

Raphanael moves 5” towards Zendrenal. 13” away can not fire bolt storm gauntlet.
Zendrenal jumps up 12” towards Zendrenal, 2” apart, tosses krak grenade. Hits on 4. Wounds on 6. Raphanael saves on 2 re-rolls to 5 no wound. Zendrenal obliges with 3” charge!!! Barely makes it in! Raphanael overwatches. 3, 3, 4. Re-rolls to 1. Zendrenal attacks 3, 4, 5, 6. Rolls to wound. 2, 2, 4, 5. Raphanael’s invulnerable kicks in. 2, 4, 4, 6. Re-roll activates 4. No damage taken! Raphanael attacks back 2 attacks with sword 3 attacks with fist. Sword hits on 2, 4. Fist to hit 2, 4, 5. To wound Swords 1, 4. Fist 2, 4. Zendrenal’s storm shield kicks in on sword attacks first. 2, 5 re-rolls 1. Takes 2 damage. Saves against fist 3, 6.
Raphanael’s turn. Shoots three boltstorm pistol rounds into Zendrenal, hits on 2,3,3 rolls to wound 3,3,3 no wounds. Combat phase. 3 attacks with sword 2 attacks with fist. Sword hits 1, 3, 5. Rites of battle activates 1. Fist hits on 3, 4.
Rolls to wound for sword. 1,2,3. No wound rolls to wound for fist 2, 6. Storm shield activates 4, 6. No damage.
Zendrenal’s turn, fires 1 bolt round into Raphanael. Hits on 2. Wounds on 5. Raphanael save 4.
Zendrenal attacks with thunder hammer hits on 3, 3, 5, 6. Wounds on 3, 3, 4, 6. Raphanael’s invulnerable save kicks in 1, 1, 2, 6. Raphanael takes 9 damage falls to Zendrenal.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I wasn't talking about the standings. Check the last two fights Xenith did for what I mean. ^^

If I have time I will. Not a priority at the moment. I'll do my best to edit later.

+++ Round 3 Fight 4 +++

Malachi vs Diabocca

gallery_58096_15019_1713.jpg vs gallery_58096_15019_227.jpg

Diabocca had already faced one witch. This was a testament to his eternal faith and strength as a chaplain of the sons of the angel. His silver death mask did well to hide his frustrations through the screaming rage of a fierce angelic face.

Malachi’s own death mask was more refined that Diabbocas. Howerever the witch lord was ferocious in his own right. His armor painted an unusual hughe of red in contrast to the standard blues many of the librarians sported in most of the chapters. The gold trim written in prayer and incantations left many of the brothers here in awe.

Diabboca resounded through his vox with charisma and inspiration, “We come now to the end of the second round Malachi! Let us give these brothers a taste of entertainment! Let these battles close with fraternity and honour!”

Malachi’s force sword rose to the silent death mask, witch fire blazed behind the eye sockets of his golden mask, his chin dipped behind his blade. The opposite hand gripped tighter onto his storm shield. This man was not one to take lightly. The previous battle made it apparent that the same tricks would not work twice.

Diabboca had healed from his wounds and was ready, He would not be caught off guard as before! He blazed forth with fury, chanting his litanies of blood. He was upon Malachi in a moment’s breath. He fired his inferno pistol to be blunted by the librarian storm shield. Diabboca took this moment to activate his jump pack a second time bulldozing into the bulk of the librarian in tactical dreanough armor. His crozius and speed making him more dexterious.

The quiet librarian felt each blunted hit of the holy crozius. His armor however held true. Slowly he was invoking the powers of the blood. Mumbling to himself in a low whisper with haste each word sang softly out. Malachi blocked each attack, finding his mark in Diabboca’s gun arm. He tore into the bicept of his opponent. Diabboca’s arm went slack from the elbow down, grunting with pain and frustration.

Diabboca raised up his crozius arm to match the blow dealt, when bright red wings from the ether ignited from the librarian’s back! His eyes glowed crimson and orange, he had taken gambit. Blinding the chaplain with the wings pallor. He reinforced his body with the second prayer, speeding his physical body to match the dexterous zeal of the chaplain. What was once a slow hulking librarian became a blinding flash as quick as a filthy Eldar. Malachi’s new speed combined with the damaged arm were too much and quickly began to overwhelm Diabboca. The ferocity only grew with each strike. The chaplain blocked all but the final blow which found the tip of the blade stopped at the last moment as his eye socket. His vison doubled from the depth of the blade and the silent warrior awaiting the command.

“I yield.” Diabboca voxed as he nodded to his opponent.

The librarian nodded pulling back the blade and allowing the touch of ether to dissipate from his body.

Bye the rolls

Initiative Malachi 2 Diabocca 4(+1) 5

Diabocca moves up 12” from the gate. Exactly 6” out for inferno pistol. Hits on 4. Wound on 3. Malachi’s storm shield activates rolls 1. Re-rolls 4. saved. Diabocca charges 2 & 4 for 6” charge. Diabocca swings 2, 4, 4. Rolls to wound 4, 4, 6. Malachi’s armor activates 4, 6, 6. Malachi attacks back. Hits 1, 6, 6. Wounds 2, 6. Diabboca’s rossarius activates rolls 1. Re-roll activates 3. Malachi rolls 2(1d)
Malachi’s turn moves to psychic phase, activates wings of sanguinius 1&4 goes off on a 5. Rolls for quickening. 2, 6, goes off on an 8. Fight phase Quickening activates rolls 4(+2 attacks) Malachi swings. 1, 2, 2, 4, 6. Rolls to wound 3, 4. Diabocca’s Rossarius activates. 2, 4 re-roll activates 2. Malachi rolls for damage 5!(3d) Diabocca falls to Malachi!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Damn you got me in the first half. I almost believed Raphanael is going to win against a Smash Captain loadout. :D

Great fight nontheless! Usually one hopes for the opponent that defeated you to win a tournament so you can say you lost against the winner, however for sake of drama I hope the winner will not be someone with Thunderhammer + Stormshield. :P

Damn you got me in the first half. I almost believed Raphanael is going to win against a Smash Captain loadout. :D

Great fight nontheless! Usually one hopes for the opponent that defeated you to win a tournament so you can say you lost against the winner, however for sake of drama I hope the winner will not be someone with Thunderhammer + Stormshield. :P

I really thought he had 'em tbh. Whiffing at the end and the re-roll is what saved the smash captain.

++ I am humbled to reach the final four, though any First Company Captain of Sanguinius’ line may reasonably expect to have the measure of many of his brethren.

May any member of the Angels Penitent watching this contest know the honour that a free-born Angel Resplendent holds. We are coming for you. We are coming, to take back our Chapter. We shall rise, on burning wings! ++