Xenith

+++ Round 3 Fight 4 +++

Malachi vs Diabocca

gallery_58096_15019_1713.jpg vs gallery_58096_15019_227.jpg

Diabocca had already faced one witch. This was a testament to his eternal faith and strength as a chaplain of the sons of the angel. His silver death mask did well to hide his frustrations through the screaming rage of a fierce angelic face.

Malachi’s own death mask was more refined that Diabbocas. Howerever the witch lord was ferocious in his own right. His armor painted an unusual hughe of red in contrast to the standard blues many of the librarians sported in most of the chapters. The gold trim written in prayer and incantations left many of the brothers here in awe.

Diabboca resounded through his vox with charisma and inspiration, “We come now to the end of the second round Malachi! Let us give these brothers a taste of entertainment! Let these battles close with fraternity and honour!”

Malachi’s force sword rose to the silent death mask, witch fire blazed behind the eye sockets of his golden mask, his chin dipped behind his blade. The opposite hand gripped tighter onto his storm shield. This man was not one to take lightly. The previous battle made it apparent that the same tricks would not work twice.

Diabboca had healed from his wounds and was ready, He would not be caught off guard as before! He blazed forth with fury, chanting his litanies of blood. He was upon Malachi in a moment’s breath. He fired his inferno pistol to be blunted by the librarian storm shield. Diabboca took this moment to activate his jump pack a second time bulldozing into the bulk of the librarian in tactical dreanough armor. His crozius and speed making him more dexterious.

The quiet librarian felt each blunted hit of the holy crozius. His armor however held true. Slowly he was invoking the powers of the blood. Mumbling to himself in a low whisper with haste each word sang softly out. Malachi blocked each attack, finding his mark in Diabboca’s gun arm. He tore into the bicept of his opponent. Diabboca’s arm went slack from the elbow down, grunting with pain and frustration.

Diabboca raised up his crozius arm to match the blow dealt, when bright red wings from the ether ignited from the librarian’s back! His eyes glowed crimson and orange, he had taken gambit. Blinding the chaplain with the wings pallor. He reinforced his body with the second prayer, speeding his physical body to match the dexterous zeal of the chaplain. What was once a slow hulking librarian became a blinding flash as quick as a filthy Eldar. Malachi’s new speed combined with the damaged arm were too much and quickly began to overwhelm Diabboca. The ferocity only grew with each strike. The chaplain blocked all but the final blow which found the tip of the blade stopped at the last moment as his eye socket. His vison doubled from the depth of the blade and the silent warrior awaiting the command.

“I yield.” Diabboca voxed as he nodded to his opponent.

The librarian nodded pulling back the blade and allowing the touch of ether to dissipate from his body.

Bye the rolls

Initiative Malachi 2 Diabocca 4(+1) 5

Diabocca moves up 12” from the gate. Exactly 6” out for inferno pistol. Hits on 4. Wound on 3. Malachi’s storm shield activates rolls 1. Re-rolls 4. saved. Diabocca charges 2 & 4 for 6” charge. Diabocca swings 2, 4, 4. Rolls to wound 4, 4, 6. Malachi’s armor activates 4, 6, 6. Malachi attacks back. Hits 1, 6, 6. Wounds 2, 6. Diabboca’s rossarius activates rolls 1. Re-roll activates 3. Malachi rolls 2(1d)

Malachi’s turn moves to psychic phase, activates wings of sanguinius 1&4 goes off on a 5. Rolls for quickening. 2, 6, goes off on an 8. Fight phase Quickening activates rolls 4(+2 attacks) Malachi swings. 1, 2, 2, 4, 6. Rolls to wound 3, 4. Diabocca’s Rossarius activates. 2, 4 re-roll activates 2. Malachi rolls for damage 5!(3d) Diabocca falls to Malachi!

gallery_58096_15019_227.jpgWell met, witch! it would seem your warp powers have bested me this day, however you cannot hide behind them forever - go forward and see how you fare against true steel!

-----------------------

Seriously, great write ups, DBH, and again thanks for picking up the slack on this one. Things are still tumultuous, but slowly order is coming from the chaos of my life...

+++ FINAL FOUR +++

+++ ROUND 4 FIGHT 1 +++

Neal Rakton vs. Raziel

gallery_58096_15019_1712.jpg vs. gallery_58096_15019_1153.jpg

Neal Rakton had taken his time healing, watching the other fights play out. His transhuman body was already healing to the point that he no longer felt the need to grasp for air. His bones had mended and his open wounds had clotted. The finest Sanguinary Priests took precautions after each bout to make sure no permanent damage had occured. The mortal coils of men were so much more fragile. To the denizens this was just another stepping stone to their faith in the god Emperor and that of his angels. He turned his head from side to side stretching out the tension in his neck and shoulder muscles. His nostrils flared as he soaked in another breath through his Golden Helmet. The sapphire lenses glinting like jewels from an ancient river on Terra. The grip on his thunder hammer tightened. His storm mag-locked to his hip. Excitement plucked at his twin-beating hearts.

Raziel was no different. His angelic face hidden behind a mask of death. A stoic face of apathy glared back at the first captain. His scarred lip twitched into a hidden smile For this was another test from his blood line. Days uncountable had led to this moment. The fruit of this day had ripened and was ready to be plucked. The aeons old saying, "Carpe Diem" might be a word he was thinking of, yet on this day, on this feast of blades, words had left him for the excitement of a fresh opponent to test his mettle against.

Raziel saluted Rakton with a fraternal salute, " Luck and honour brother!"

Rakton reared back his arms from the pressure of his shoulders, a relaxing ripple of tension popped and he saluted Raziel back, a raspy vox reply. "Aye! First to yield!"

"Agreed." mused Raziel.

"The honour is yours then!" Rakton goaded his opponent.

And so it began! Raziel took the gesture and hulked forward. The servos whined to the heavy booted steps of the first captain. He raised his combi-bolter up and sprayed bolter round after bolter round in the direction of Rakton, who in turn had begun his own hulking advance. Sparks of orange and yellow danced around the thunder hammer wielding terminator. A melta blast liquifying rock-crete as he passed. It was just another scar for the Arena to bear until next years Feast of Blades.

Rakton pulled his storm bolter from his hip and returned the gesture in kind. Shells range like chime bells kissed by the wind. Bolt shells fell as orange and yellow ravaged the mirror of gold that stood before his own advance. Rakton was faster, and his weapons more vigilant. The barrage had stunned Raziel for a moment! It was Rakton's chance He charged forward, his twin-hears racing! He raised his thunder hammer high, The stalwart knight the ferocious mass, it was the preverbal unmovable object versus an unstoppable force! Rakton slammed into Raziel forcing him to a knee.

Raziel's lungs expunged air It wasn't from the shoulder, it was from the thunder hammer renting his chest plate. His mouth filled with the taste of iron. He chocked the blood back down. He was recovering when the next hammer swings came. Raziel jumped back as Rakton's hammer just missed Raziel's face place. The force of the hammer sent a boweave of air Rakton's force stopped almost improvably as the servos in his terminator armor sunk forcing the thunder hammer to brake. Rakton's back muscles tensed has he backhanded his thunder hammer That was deflected by the uncanny dexterity of Raziel. His wrist turned braced by the reinforced holy tactical dreadnought armour! The motion of his arm went wide and high, He levied the weight of his opposite hand and the storm bolter to add force to the downward bludgeon!

Raziel still dazed by the tenacity of Rakton fell on centuries of battle and let his instincts take over. Just as the thunderous back hand had been parried, Raziel realized his opponent had let the force of the blade carry his weapon up high! Raziel spun on his left foot his relic blade would shatter if he tried to shield himself from the blow! The Hammer fell, Raziel's gambit a double lariat! An explosion of dust, rock-crete caused vibrations throughout the stadium. Everything fell quiet! Golden armor had been dulled by the amount of dirt. Two once golden figures stood. They Stood? Nothing short of a miracle could've kept Raziel upright!

Rakton's thunder hammer had sunk deep into the arena floor. An indention a full half meter deep hid the top half of his weapon. His dirt blasted helm hidden except for his sapphire eyes. He shook his head in disbelief, and let loose the hilt of his weapon. "Damn..."

To his left stood Raziel, stoic and deadly. His death mask void of emotion, and his relic blade stopped just at his brother's neck!

By the rolls!
Neal Rakton vs Raziel.

Initiative: Rakton 5 Raziel 5
Re-roll Rakton 2 Raziel 4

Raziel begins. Moves up 4” due to Cataprhactii armor out of melta range, shoots one bolter shot Hits on 3. Wounds on 1. Re-rolls 6. Neal’s armor kicks in, saves on 2! Out of charge range!.

Rakton moves up 5” 9” away from Raziel. Unloads 4 storm bolter shots. 1, 1, 5, 5. Rites of battle activates 4, 6. Rolls to wound 1, 4, 5, 6. Re-roll activates 5. Raziel’s armor kicks in. 2, 2, 5, 5. No wounds! Rakton 9” away, charges.BOX CARS! 6&6 for 12”! Raziel overwatches Bolter, 2, 5. Melta 1! Rites of Battle Activates rolls 2. Rakton attacks first 2, 2, 4, 4. Re-roll activates 2. Roll to wound 2, 5. Raziel’s armor kicks in. 3, 6! Raziel takes 3 wounds! Raziel attacks back! 2, 3, 4, 5. Rolls to wound 3, 4, 6, 6! Rakton iron halo activates! 1, 2, 3, 4! Oh no! Rolls for damage 6!(3damage) 6!(3damage) 4!(2damage) 2(1damage) Overkill!!! Raziel advances!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

+++ FINAL FOUR +++
+++ ROUND 4 FIGHT 2 +++

Zendrenael vs. Malachi
gallery_58096_15019_601.jpg vs. gallery_58096_15019_1713.jpg

It was as if a calm had fallen around the arena. The participants and onlookers watched as servitors and menials worked diligently to piece meal the arena back together. The last battle had left many scars on the surface of the ring. New spiderwebs spiraled out of the ground and needed to be filled. Rakton had left a huge mark on the battlefield, and it was needing a fast field repair. Malachi mused quietly as the workers churned like droned insects repaired a tear in the mound. The 10th captain was talking to Calen about previous wars and they laughed like old friends rather than rivals.

Diabocca's arm was still healing from the force blade's incision. He raised his voice with charisma. "The table has been set! Two battles remain! We shall see this ended and our champions finale crowned soon! Zendrenael! Malachi! Approach brothers!"

The quiet librarian moved forward into the ring. Zendrenael grasped his cousin in a warrior's embrace with good fortune on the horizon. Entering the ring as easily as his opponent.

Zendrenael's thunder hammer twirled in his grip until it didn't. Zen pulled his storm shield up like a buckler, the wide side of his thunder hammer banged against the shield. 'Ping--Ping!' This was all that needed to be said between the two warriors.

Malachi's death mask show the same emotion as his brother's ebon helmet adorned with rubies and gold. The librarian raised his sword and pulled his own storm shield in close, and returned the gesture. 'Ping--ping!'

Zendrenael's voice sounded mechanical as he voxed to his opponent. "Let us begin!"

He would take to the air and end this before the witch could muster the powers of the warp! Blue light exhaust expelled from the 10th captain's jump pack. He raced across the arena attempting the same trick he used against the gravis captain. He tossed a krak-grenade out, only for the librarian to slash it half with his blade. The explosion sent shrapnel in a sphere of direction. It was a ploy though! Zendrenael's intention was a coup-de-grace. He landed behind Malachi spinning his power thunder hammer into the witch's back. Malachi had only just realized what the true ploy was! He turned in his tactical dreadnought armor, but took the surprise attack's first blow. Fueled by adrenaline he pushed through the pain staggering only momentarily, before his shield arm raised to blunt the next blow! Sparks and energy exploded between the two warriors. Zendrenael's jump pack made him quicker than Malachi. He missed an opportune chance to end things immediately!

Malachi's blade parried the thunder hammer. He used his storm shield like a weapon! The 10th captain wasn't the only one who could bludgeon their way to victory! As Zen's thunder hammer went low, Malachi's shield swung like a haymaker into the helmet of the 10th captain. Zen's jaw felt the reinforced blow, it sent him in the direction of the shield punch. His back molar felt jarred and his gums began to bleed.

-A broken jaw- Zendrenael thought, as he kicked back to reset himself. -But that bastard is hurt!-

Malachi had already anticipated this! He had been muttering the spell of their gene sire. Blood red wings sprouted from the inmaterium and he lunged forward to keep in stride with Zen's dexterous movements! Malachi had already begun invoking the strength of the warp with his second incantation. Just as before his senses were enhanced to match his opponent. A new zeal had been placed on Malachi, and Zendrenael could sense the change.

Malachi swung wide with his force sword, like a blade dancer's solo. Zendrenael was faster than Diabocca it seemed! He pulled back, spun around and matched Malachi step for step. Malachi felt his blade connect, only to find his purring sword of lightning splash against the storm shield of the 10th captain! The return blow had put him off balance and he stumbled back! By the devil's own luck the clumsiness of his heightened senses made for a poor counter from Zendrenael. The thunder hammer exploded against the ground, then epic steel on steel as thunder hammer met storm shield. It was like two ancient dieties fighting in the clouds. Thunderous vibratios, and splashes of lightning poured from these two great heroes!

Zendrenael had retaken the momentum. In a flash he pulled out his bolt pistol and shot at Malachi point blank. The bolt round found its mark in the chest plate of Malachi but the librarian's armor held true! The dance between opponent's continued. Thunder hammer slung wide missing the terminator only for the speed of the jump pack to expel more blue flame to quickly return for another barrage of attacks! Malachi was able to stave off each blow with his shield. His forearm numb from the onslaught. Each lunge returned was retorted with a matching shield or a heavier parry from a thunder hammer.

Malachi had never stopped chanting the prayers of blood to pull from the sanguinary disciplines. His eyes pooled with red energies, his retina almost looked yellow from the power. There was something more fierce in the Librarian's death mask now. He was losing his patience...

"ENOUGH!" harked Malachi, as his voice echoed in an other worldly manner.

Disgust fell upon Zendrenael. It was as if his very soul had just caught fire. He wretched blood and bile into his helmet, It brought him low to his knees. His thunder hammer fell from his hands as the dirty tang of warp fell over. He was dazed. All the 10th captain could do was defend! He parried blow after blow, weakening further with each percision strike of the librarian. The final swing found its mark tearing the shield from the captain's hands. Zendrenael had lost...

By the rolls
Feast of Blades Final 4.

Zendrenael vs Malachi

Initiative: Zendrenael 2(+1) 3 Malachi 2

Zendrenael moves ahead 12” rolls 6 for krak grenade wounds on a 3. Malachi saves on 6. Zendrenael charges 5&5 for 10” charge! Gets in. Swings thunder hammer for 2, 2, 4, 4, re-rolls activate 2, 4. Wounds rolls activate 3, 3, 5.
Malachi’s storm shield activates. 2, 2, 3. Re-roll activates 5. Malachi takes 3 damage. 2 wounds left. Malachi swings back. 5, 6, 6. Rolls to wound. 1, 2, 3. Zendrenael’s storm shield activates rolls 1. Malachi rolls for damage. 1(1d) Zendrenael has 4 wounds left.

Malachi’s turn. Activates wings. 3&3 for 6. Goes off. Activates quickening. 1 & 6 Goes off! Rolls D3 for extra attacks: 1 (+1 Attack) Malachi swings with 4 attacks. 2, 3, 3, 6. Rolls to wound (No Red Thirst) 2, 3, 5. Zendrenael’s invulnerable save kicks in. Rolls 4. No wounds. Zendrenael returns attacks. 2, 4, 4, 6. Rolls to wound. 1, 4, 4. Malachi’s storm shield activates. 4, 4! No wounds!

Zendrenael’s turn. Shoots pistol into combat. Rolls 3. Rolls to wound. 5. Malachi saves on a 2! Combat, Zendrenael rolls 1, 3, 4, 6 Rites of Battle Activates. Rolls 2. Rolls to wound. 3, 4, 5. Malachi rolls to save. Triple 3s! Malachi attacks back. 1, 2, 2, 4. Rolls 3 to wound no wound.

Malachi’s turn attempts to cast smite. Rolls 3 & 4 for 7. Rolls for damage 5! (3d) Zendrenael down to one wound! Malachi attempts to cast Wings. Rolls 4 & 3 goes off. Malachi swings 2, 6, 6. Rolls to wound. 3, 6. Zendrenael storm shield activates. Rolls 2, no re-rolls left OH NO! Zendrenael Falls! Malachi advances.
Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

If y'all want to do that, sure.

Yes, that would be epic! :)
I've rolled it but I dont have time to write it up. You guys good with that? I'm going to have the main event finished before the end of the ETL.

Yes that’s fair enough. Thanks for all your hard work on this :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What's the status on this? :biggrin.:

I'm going to be honest. I haven't had this high on my priorities list lately. I'll pull back the curtain a little on my life for those interested. I'm in the middle of  Obstetrics; low risk focused right now. To be a bit callous I don't have any lady bits, (I love lady bits, just don't have them! Haha!) So the learning curve on this has been pretty high. 

I've had some free time, but honestly wanting to sit down and type anything up after looking at virtual books all day and taking notes via lap top has basically squashed any desire to want to actually think imaginatively. I promise I'm going to make myself sit down and write this :censored: 

Friday is my birthday, and I'm not working or doing a ton of school work. I'm going to set a side a couple hours to finish everything out. (THAT IS THE PLAN!)*

ike right now, I'm at the university in a study room waiting on my class room to be opened. I'll be here all day.

However; I do want to apologize. I haven't had a real break from school, in almost a year from school so my emotional toll on doing anything hobby related has been a roller coaster. 

*Just know I will get this done before years end!

+++ THE FINAL ROUND +++

Raziel vs. Malachi
gallery_58096_15019_1153.jpg gallery_58096_15019_1713.jpg

It was the calm before the storm. Diabocca spoke to the crowd of participants with jubilation and vigor. It had been a time for ceremony and fraternity. He spoke of the deeds of each competitor praising them for their attendance and accolades. This was a joyous occasion that would not soon be met for a long time. He felt it in his hearts. It pulled at him like a second sense. Some of these warriors would meet dark fates. He had grown accustomed to sense the forthcoming damnation on some brothers. He had known from his master Astorath that soon a time of darkness would assail many here, even those in this room. For this was a time of light, when the wolves salivated at the gates, awaiting their fragile meal.

The darkness that approached was like a beach. Subtle in nature at first, the crashing waves eroding what remained of the once pure sands. The gravitating force that ate away the land and pulled the particles of stand back deeper into the abyss. It wouldn't be long now before the tide rolled like a tsunami and broke what remained of civilization.

Diabocca hid these feelings of remorse well behind his silver death mask.

Calen could feel the uneasiness of the chaplain. He always thought chaplain's in their spiritual leadership had a very pressing journey in deed. Though revered by each son of the Angel, it was well known they were too the shepherds of the cursed. He had spent many years with his friend Hazriel. The Reclusiarch of the Carmine Blades. He knew well the burdened they were forced to bear. It is no small feat being the chaperone of the death company, and many had grown to feel the impending fate of many a bother.

It wouldn't be long now before the strings of fate were once again pulled by some proverbial marionette hidden amongst the darkness. It was unclear to many that stood here what future might undo them, but the though flowed across many of the battle brothers minds that stood in attendance at this Feast of Blades.

The time for these thoughts was waning however as the final two competitors entered the arena.

Raziel and Malachi entered to praises and cheers. Goading each for a good fight. It was a very human like environment for very non human beings.

Malachi raised his sword and shield in an honorary salute, Raziel paid the gesture in kind. Neither spoke, for the knew nothing more needed to be said. They knew the importance of this battle. They knew that the crescendo of this Feast of Blades would imprint on everyone here for a lifetime to come.

Diabbocca raised his crozius high, looking down at the last two competitors from his iron throne. He slashed his weapon down and bellowed, "BEGIN!"

Raziel moved into a defensive stance. Malachi raced foward, red lightning spewed from his eyes, as bright red wings, from the ether, spread across his back. He lept from a charging run into a beautiful dive. He looked like a bird of prey eyeing its kill from overhead. While airborne the librarian spoke the incantation to enhance his physical abilities further! Malachi could feel his muscles tense, and his tendons quicker with the excess power his psychic powers heeded. His talons were raised, there was little Raziel could do but brace for impact.

The captain raised his combi-bolter towards the sky and fired, it was futile, the librarian was already on him. Malachi's shield slammed into the melta weapon knocking it from Raziel's hand. Malachi was a fiend of blurried metal. His blade strikes were fast and lethal. Cutting the cataphractii armor biting the skin of the captain, never showing repent.

Raziel felt his experience from thousands of battles take hold. The librarian was fast indeed, for every parry Raziel could muster another sting would pierce his armor. He weathered the storm.

The two hulks were like rival dancers competing on ice. They were the opponents meant to be scene!

Malachi used his storm shield as a weapon as well, He feinted with his force sword, swinging a haymaker into the captan's ribcage breaking two or three ribs.

Raziel winced at the force, but could not relent himself. He used the force of the blow as a gambit. He had raised his blade, exposing his mid section on purpose! The two handed relic blade swung down into the now exposed shoulder of the librarian. The relic blade cut deep, breaking the warrior's collar bone. The shield arm went slack, and the librarian grunted with pain. His force sword turned in his hand like a dagger, the translucent wings on the back of the terminator shell exploded into a magical confetti, that sparkled like fire flies on a hot summer's night. The sword planted and the librarian spoke.

"I yield brother captain..."

By the rolls!!!

Initiative Raziel 3 Malachi 5

Malachi begins. Moves moves up 5”
Malachi casts wings 1 & 5 goes off. Malachi moves up 12”
Malachi casts quickening 5 & 5 goes off.
Malachi automatically makes charge. Raziel overwatches. Bolter 3, 4, Melta 1 Rites of battle activates, 4, Re-roll activates 2, 4.

Malachi rolls D3 for additional hits, rolls 2. Rolls to hit, 4, 5, 6, 6. Red thirst activates. Rolls to wound, 2, 2, 5, 6 re-roll activates 2, 5. Raziel’s invulnerable save activates 1, 3, 6. Re-roll activates 3.
Malachi rolls for damage 4, 4, Raziel takes 4 damage.

Raziel attacks back: 1, 1, 3, 5 Rites of battle activates. 2, 5 Red thirst activates, rolls to wound 4, 4, 5, 6. Malachi rolls to save with storm shield, 2, 2, 3, 5.

Raziel rolls for damage 3, 5, Malachi takes 5 damage and goes down!~

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Good write-up, @DBH...thanks for powering through your personal life to finish this off!

Without going back to collect the data from each fight, it's pretty interesting to see how the 2+/3++ profile of the Cataphractii captain won the day. Seems like a great all-purpose build, with high damage output (melta + relic blade, re-rolls being Capt) while still having the best defensive profile possible of 2+/3++. Basically sacrifices charge reliability (jump pack), but that seems to work.

Congrats, Jolemai!