=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

gallery_62972_10568_56641.jpg

gallery_62972_10568_3160.jpg HQ Stratagem

Welcome to the Blood Angels HQ stratagem! You have one week to vow, build, and complete more points that the Black Templars.

A vow is made by posting in this thread with a starting photo and using the following template:

I [insert name here] rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build [insert units here] for a combined total of [insert PL here] on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the [blood Angels/Black Templars Faction], whilst failure is not an option...

To complete a vow, state it as being complete and post a photo showing the completed build and undercoat applied.

For the full set of rules, please check your Faction's event thread.

Blood Angels - Current points total

• 419 points

Blood Angels - Roll of Honour

The following list details all the participants and the points acquired:

• 9x19 Parabellum - Primaris Librarian - 7 PL - 9 points - 2 bonus points awarded
  • Arkaniss - Captain Tycho, Lieutenant with jump pack - 10 PL - 11 points - 1 bonus point awarded
  • Blindhamster - Captain in gravis armour - 7 PL - 11 points - 4 bonus points awarded
  • Bluejay Junior - Captain with jump pack - 6 PL - 8 points - 2 bonus points awarded
  • Bluejay Junior - Captain in TDA - 7 PL - 7 points awarded
  • Brother Aether - Captain with jump pack, Corbulo - 11 PL - 17 points - bonus points awarded, 3 & 3 respectively
  • brother_b - Captain with jump pack, Commander Dante, Primaris Lieutenant x3 - 32 PL - 35 points - bonus points awarded 1 & 1 & 1 respectively
  • Captain Smashy Pants - Chaplain with jump pack, Primaris Captain - 12 PL - 12 points awarded
  • Ekfud - Captain with jump pack, Lieutenant with jump pack X2 - 16 PL - 25 points - bonus points awarded 3 & 3 & 3 respectively
  • Jolemai - Captain in cataphractii, Chaplain X2 - 18 PL - 21 points - bonus points awarded, 2 & 1 respectively
  • Jolemai - Lieutenant with jump pack - 5 PL - 6 points - 1 bonus point awarded
  • Kaese - Captain with jump pack - 6 PL - 9 points - 3 bonus points awarded
  • Kaese - Chaplain, Commander Dante - 16 PL - 17 points, 1 bonus point awarded
  • Landrick - Sanguinary Priest - 4 PL - 4 points awarded
  • Lord_Caerolion - Captain with jump pack, Librarian - 17 points - bonus points awarded, 3 & 2 respectively
  • Majkhel - Astorath - 6 PL - 6 points awarded
  • Majkhel - Lieutenant x2 - 8 PL - 12 points - 4 bonus points awarded
  • Majkhel - Captain in TDA - 7 PL - 7 points award
  • Mcrat - Librarian Dreadnought - 9 PL - 9 points awarded
  • Paladin777 - Librarian with jump pack - 7 PL - 9 points - 2 bonus points awarded
  • RelentlessPursuit - Commander Dante - 11 PL - 11 points awarded
  • Reyner - Captain in TDA - 7 PL - 7 points awarded
  • robofish7591 - Librarian Dreadnought, Primaris Captain - 16 PL - 16 points awarded
  • robofish7591 - Malakim Phoros - 10 PL - 15 points - 5 bonus points awarded
  • sfPanzer - Captain in gravis armour - 7 PL - 9 points - 2 bonus points awarded
  • Shard of Magnus - Captain in TDA x2, Librarian in TDA - 22 PL - 22 points awarded
  • Spagunk - Captain, Captain with jump pack, Captain in TDA, Chaplain in TDA, Librarian in TDA, Primaris Lieutenant, Sanguinary Priest - 41 PL - 49 points, bonus points awarded 3 & 2 & 2 & 1 respectively
  • Spyros - Captain - 5 PL - 5 points awarded
  • Thoridon - Librarian with jump pack, Sanguinor - 16 PL - 18 points - 2 bonus points awarded
  • Zebulon - Captain, Captain in TDA - 12 PL - 15 points - 3 bonus points awarded

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build two Chaplains and a Captain in Cataphractii armour for a combined total of 18 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_360023.jpg

I BluejayJunior rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Captain with Jump Pack for a combined total of 6 power level on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Captain with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield with Jump Pack. Kitbashed from Vanguard Vets, Sanguinary Guard, and Blood Angels upgrade sprue.

Capt Pre

Woohoo... using half day at home to make a start on the HQs...

I Ekfud, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build two JP Lieutenants (5 PL each) and one Aw-Yeah-Magnetic-Awesome Captain (6 PL) of the 5th Company for a combined total of 16 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

Spare bits box

Sang, Commander, upgrade, DC sprues

*I am counting on a sprue with Sternguard legs (with the robes) for the 2 Lieutenants to turn up in the next ~2 days... no pics of them yet.

Might end up using the sternguard bolters as the mastercrafted weapons for those guys too.

I robofish7591, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a librarian dreadnought and a primaris captain for a combined total of 15 power levels on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.  Success will bring honor to the Lamenters and the Blood Angel faction, whilst failure is not an option.

Librarian Dreadnought

I plan on using the venerable dread parts for the librarian dread, so I can build another dreadnought later.

Primaris Captain

...also, i will probably vow another captain later, I still have to dig through my piles of sprue to find the right bits.

I Lord_Caerolion, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Librarian (PL 6), and one Captain with Jump Pack (PL6) for a combined total of 12 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

Librarian:

Librarian Parts

Captain:

Jump Captain Parts

And, without showing too much, the extra bits required for my Captain. Let's just say there's some work involved here:

Jump Captain Base parts

Well, dangit, I did fall asleep!

I, Zebulon, formerly known as Polemarch Julius rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Captain in Terminator Armour (based on Karlaen) and a Captain in Power Armour for a combined total of 12 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and Angels Resplendent, whilst failure is not an option...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3282/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3283/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3285/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3286/

I, Captain Smashy Pants, formerly known as tu_shan82, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood and Zeal and vow to build a Chaplain with jump pack and Primaris Captain with power fiat and plasma pistol, for a combined total of 12 PL, on or before 23:59 UTC February 26 2018. Success will bring will bring honour to the Blood Angels faction, failure is not an option.

gallery_30240_14236_241682.jpg

gallery_30240_14236_340361.jpg

I BluejayJunior rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Captain with Jump Pack for a combined total of 6 power level on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Captain with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield with Jump Pack. Kitbashed from Vanguard Vets, Sanguinary Guard, and Blood Angels upgrade sprue.

First Captain entry and where was this for last year's GBBO? Looks like a great kitbash - worth crossing over to the Warlord Conversion Challenge in The Forge?

Woohoo... using half day at home to make a start on the HQs...

I Ekfud, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build two JP Lieutenants (5 PL each) and one Aw-Yeah-Magnetic-Awesome Captain (6 PL) of the 5th Company for a combined total of 16 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

*I am counting on a sprue with Sternguard legs (with the robes) for the 2 Lieutenants to turn up in the next ~2 days... no pics of them yet.

Might end up using the sternguard bolters as the mastercrafted weapons for those guys too.

I'm sure they will arrive soon enough :tu: anything you can get on with in the meantime to lessen the rush afterwards? Quite interested in seeing these out together - especially the Lieutenant builds, I have a feeling these may be popular...

I robofish7591, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a librarian dreadnought and a primaris captain for a combined total of 15 power levels on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honor to the Lamenters and the Blood Angel faction, whilst failure is not an option.

I plan on using the venerable dread parts for the librarian dread, so I can build another dreadnought later.

...also, i will probably vow another captain later, I still have to dig through my piles of sprue to find the right bits.

Welcome to the event and it's great to see some high point entries - going for a straight build on the Dreadnought or having options via magnets?

As for the latter vow, should you have time when you've done this then great as every little helps :tu:

If I get vow done in a timely fashion, I'll probably make a second vow to include the two primaries leuitenants from The starter set. I'd like to included my entry for the warlords challenge as well, but am waiting for bits, so fingers crossed . But my vow comes first.

Edit: Hey Jolemai, I'll probably be adding broken up up cork rocks from army painter and citadel skulls from the skull kit on all my entries starting with this vow, so that way they get undercoated at the same time as the rest of the model (the rest of the basing will come when I paint everything, using citadel texture paints, probably for ETL) do I need to include photos for these, and if so can I just include the pics once rather yhan reposting every time I make a vow?

I Mcrat rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Librarian Dreadnought for a combined total of 9PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

UoOBJSx.png

I'm sure they will arrive soon enough :thumbsup: anything you can get on with in the meantime to lessen the rush afterwards? Quite interested in seeing these out together - especially the Lieutenant builds, I have a feeling these may be popular...

Thanks - and for editing the date... didn't even notice the 2017. Jedi mind trick...

Should have the captain constructed tomorrow although not likely undercoated till at least the weekend. 

Wanting to do a bit of a custom base with some height for him, so will get that done before swinging back to the Lts. 

Out of curiosity - was there a consensus on Lt loadouts? Default loadout + JP will be magnetised but interested to see what else is being used. 

Think a few folk are going for TH or basically a 'light' version of a punchy CC captain?

I Paladin777 rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Librarian with Jump Pack for a combined total of 7 power level on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_95687_14231_21506.jpeg

WOOT for finally figuring out how to post legit pictures! Thanks to those involved, you know who you are!

I Lord_Caerolion, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Librarian (PL 6), and one Captain with Jump Pack (PL6) for a combined total of 12 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

Librarian:

Captain:

And, without showing too much, the extra bits required for my Captain. Let's just say there's some work involved here:

First Librarian entry and a monster Captain vow :O all the best with it :tu:

It's ok, the Templars have the same typo ;) I forgot to take a picture but I will be vowing Tycho and Delassio! I'll probably swap some of his weapons as he'll be a Lieutenant

:o that's a great idea for Delassio, will keep that in mind for him (was going to make him a VAS Sergeant). You'll need to make it so he's not identifiable as him, but I'm sure you'll cobble up something ace :tu:

Have about an hour before my flight. Good luck everyone. Beat those Templars bloody!

That's the plan, see you in the Troops category!

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :tongue.:

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Not 100% sure which head to use yet so I just included them all on the pic lol

EDIT: typo

Archived