=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

Right...

I spagunk rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Captain (Power Sword and Plasma Pistol)

One Sanguinary Priest (Plasma Pistol)

One Terminator Chaplain (Crozius and storm Bolter)

One Blood Angel Primaris Lieutenant (Power sword, bolt pistol)

One Captain with Jump Pack (Twin Lightning claws)

One Captain in Terminator Armor (Relic blade and storm bolter)

One Librarian in Terminator Armor (Combi-melta, Force Axe)

... for a combined total of 41 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_40907_9492_44386.jpg

Time for my second vow. 

BluejayJunior rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Captain in Terminator Armor for a combined total of Power Level 7 on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

term capt

so, the parts for my apothecary didn't arrive, so i shan't be making him for the vow. Means I'm doing a single thing, thats the gravis captain, and because I've had such a rubbish week, I don't know if I'll even get him finished to be honest.

Oh and I started cutting him up yesterday before realising I never actually vowed, so... no idea if this is even valid.

I Blindhamster rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Gravis Captain on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.

med_gallery_14877_13354_568374.jpg

(picture was taken this morning in a rush before leaving for work, you see:

groin from an aggressor

legs from gravis captain

upper torso from gravis captain
top of gauntlet from gravis captain
back of gravis captain.

I am using aggressor arms as a basis for the arms, with bits from gravis captain also being used, BA upgrade parts as well, along with sculpting)

Got this bad boy from a friend today. Had completely forgot that he picked it up about a month ago. Anyway, this should be easy enough to build in addition to the captain conversion. Don't know if I can modify the original vow, so here is a new one.

I Kaese rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Commander Dante for a combined total of 11PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_339524.jpg

Here I am, in the nick of time, not thinking to be part of this 'cause I (thought) had nothing available to build.

But... in the depths of my spares box I found a model that I never needed and thus didn't build, the captain from AOBR. And even better, with the 8th edition rules he might have a spot on the battlefield as a backfield captain! 

Thanks B&C !

--------

I, Spyros, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a captain (with Power sword & MC Boltgun) for a combined total of 5 PL on or before 23:59 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

B&Z2018 HQ Vow

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :tongue.:

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Not 100% sure which head to use yet so I just included them all on the pic lol

EDIT: typo

Vow completed!

QqtxeQI.jpg?1

I decided to use the GK Paladin helmet after all. I'll use the masked Reiver head if we get that awesome Gravis Captain with fur pelt from the Codex artwork. :P

I also changed the position of the sword arm since the high sword pose is pretty lame imo.

However I have to apologize for the small base. The one who got the Death Guard half of the DI box used the wrong base for his Lord of Contagion so I was left with one base short. I ordered the same mosaic base you can see on the pic in a larger version but it didn't arrive yet.

Oh and he got primed with the Leadbelcher spray in case you're wondering. ^^

Vow Completed for 7 power level. Possibly more for the kitbash and (totally amatuer) sculpting.

med_gallery_95687_14231_90458.jpeg

med_gallery_95687_14231_765399.jpeg

Interesting and unique solution for the psychic hood there :smile.: Haven't thought about doing it like that before.

Once he's undercoated I awarded a 25% bonus of 2 points (1.75 rounded up), which brings the total contribution to 9 points...

I, Shard of Magnus, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 captains in terminator armour and 1 librarian in terminator armour for a combined total of 22 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...
gallery_70556_14250_11830.jpg
Time to start clearing out the backlog and lend some support to the first home I had on the B&C.

Welcome to the event and what a large amount of PL you've pledged :woot:

How do you plan on making the Space Hulk Sergeant stand out as a Captain? Do you plan on tweaking much, or will it be the paint job?

Alright here is my finished vow...

... and a new one!

I robofish7591, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build my chapter master, Malakim Phoros, for a total of 10 power levels on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.  Success will bring honor to the Lamenters and the Blood Angel faction, whilst failure is not an option.

I plan on using some Mk III armor as a base combined with some sanguinary guard parts, and I'll probably use that left over half cape from ahriman to form the base of a new cape for Phoros.  Hopefully my greenstuff skills can keep up with the mental image I have for this model!  :teehee:

New vow logged (Phoros should be something!) and congrats on completing the first vow, I do like a white undercoat :happy.:

However, I don't recognise the Primaris Captain model. Which one is he?

He is the limited edition GW store birthday captain.  My local GW just had its birthday a couple weeks ago and I thought he would make a good Lamenter!  

edit:  Also, it turns out another GW is going to be opening in my area... Here is hoping I can get the limited edition terminator capatain and chaplain too!

I

Majkhel] rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build High Chaplain Astorath] for a combined total of 8 PL] on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction], whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_45445.jpg

And hello everyone, as this is my first post on this most esteemed forum :smile.:

Vow Completed!

gallery_105306_14251_12307.jpg

Going for another:

I Majkhel, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build

2 Lieutanants for a combined total of 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_41958.jpg

Will be kit-bashed from MKIV marines sprue with some Sternguard, Vanguard, SG and other bits. Arms will be magnetized for future upgrades.

Vow completed :HQ:

gallery_105306_14251_22334.jpg

At the end I've decided not to include any additional ornaments apart from the sternguard pauldrons with aiguillettes (?). Don't want them to look like captains :tongue.:

Honestly, I can't get to a desktop for a day and this happens :sweat:

You've made a great start to your B&C campaign and thanks for your B&Z contributions so far :smile.: I'm going to award a 50 % bonus for the Lieutenants and it's multiple kitbashes and magnets (which I assume you included based on your vow post?)

Troop category starts in three days' time. You're more than welcome to have another go or prep some Troops if you want to continue :smile.:

Also, having cut the tab off Astorath, how did you get him to stand on that base? Pin, or just glue?

Vow Completed for 7 power level. Possibly more for the kitbash and (totally amatuer) sculpting.

med_gallery_95687_14231_90458.jpeg

med_gallery_95687_14231_765399.jpeg

Interesting and unique solution for the psychic hood there :smile.: Haven't thought about doing it like that before.

Once he's undercoated I awarded a 25% bonus of 2 points (1.75 rounded up), which brings the total contribution to 9 points...

I don’t have access to my computer so I hope a picture link will suffice.

med_gallery_95687_14231_252499.jpeg?t=52663637

Sorted :thumbsup:

Send me a PM and we'll get this problem with the images sorted too :)

I Kaese rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Death company captain with jump pack for a combined total of 6PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_1112364.jpg

The plan is to use this DC chaplain as a base, but I will probably swap everything else except the legs and jump pack. It all comes down to how easy it will be to remove the torso without too much damage on the legs.

Got this bad boy from a friend today. Had completely forgot that he picked it up about a month ago. Anyway, this should be easy enough to build in addition to the captain conversion. Don't know if I can modify the original vow, so here is a new one.

I Kaese rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Commander Dante for a combined total of 11PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_339524.jpg

Welcome to the event :)

Vows cannot be altered, nor can you have two running at the same time. You need to finish the Captain before doing anything to Dante. Still time to do both :smile.:

I Rocmistro, aka, 9x19 Parabellum

rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Primaris Librarian, to be converted as a "counts as" for Mephiston, Lord of Death for a combined total of Power Level 8 on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_95196_14253_372703.png

gallery_95196_14253_90092.jpg

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Quite interested to see how you plan on doing this conversion. Hoping it will be identifiable as Mephiston (WYSIWYG, etc) and not as a Primaris Librarain...

Right...

I spagunk rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Captain (Power Sword and Plasma Pistol)

One Sanguinary Priest (Plasma Pistol)

One Terminator Chaplain (Crozius and storm Bolter)

One Blood Angel Primaris Lieutenant (Power sword, bolt pistol)

One Captain with Jump Pack (Twin Lightning claws)

One Captain in Terminator Armor (Relic blade and storm bolter)

One Librarian in Terminator Armor (Combi-melta, Force Axe)

... for a combined total of 41 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_40907_9492_44386.jpg

You're going to complete all that in three days? Bonkers!!:jawdrop: All the best with it!

Time for my second vow. 

BluejayJunior rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Captain in Terminator Armor for a combined total of Power Level 7 on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow logged, all the best :tu:

Btw, what model is that Captain?

so, the parts for my apothecary didn't arrive, so i shan't be making him for the vow. Means I'm doing a single thing, thats the gravis captain, and because I've had such a rubbish week, I don't know if I'll even get him finished to be honest.

Oh and I started cutting him up yesterday before realising I never actually vowed, so... no idea if this is even valid.

I Blindhamster rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Gravis Captain on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.

med_gallery_14877_13354_568374.jpg

(picture was taken this morning in a rush before leaving for work, you see:

groin from an aggressor

legs from gravis captain

upper torso from gravis captain

top of gauntlet from gravis captain

back of gravis captain.

I am using aggressor arms as a basis for the arms, with bits from gravis captain also being used, BA upgrade parts as well, along with sculpting)

I'll have a quick work with Ace and get back to with regards to it's legality for the event :)

Here I am, in the nick of time, not thinking to be part of this 'cause I (thought) had nothing available to build.

But... in the depths of my spares box I found a model that I never needed and thus didn't build, the captain from AOBR. And even better, with the 8th edition rules he might have a spot on the battlefield as a backfield captain! 

Thanks B&C !

--------

I, Spyros, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a captain (with Power sword & MC Boltgun) for a combined total of 5 PL on or before 23:59 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Nick or time? You've got loads of time left (well, three days) to build it :tu:

I look forward to seeing it ready :)

Updated to here

Keep falling asleep on the keyboard, will catch up tomorrow :blush: Everyone is doing great!

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :tongue.:

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Not 100% sure which head to use yet so I just included them all on the pic lol

EDIT: typo

Vow completed!

QqtxeQI.jpg?1

I decided to use the GK Paladin helmet after all. I'll use the masked Reiver head if we get that awesome Gravis Captain with fur pelt from the Codex artwork. :tongue.:

I also changed the position of the sword arm since the high sword pose is pretty lame imo.

However I have to apologize for the small base. The one who got the Death Guard half of the DI box used the wrong base for his Lord of Contagion so I was left with one base short. I ordered the same mosaic base you can see on the pic in a larger version but it didn't arrive yet.

Oh and he got primed with the Leadbelcher spray in case you're wondering. ^^

Love the GK helm on that guy!

Time for my second vow. 

Vow logged, all the best :thumbsup:

Btw, what model is that Captain?

Vow completed! 

term capt primed

It is the Terminator Captain with Relic Blade and stormbolter from the Space Marine Start Collecting box. I picked that up this week along with another tactical squad box and some scouts so I am prepared for next week's vow. And have a dreadnought for Elites week. 

Archived