=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

Vow complete, bringing us another 12 PL.

Librarian with the beginning of a display base:

Captain making a dynamic entry:

Congratulations on the completion and the bonus points are very welcome :)

For the Librarian being a weapon swap, he gets a 25% bonus (so 2 extra points after rounding up from 1.5).

For the Captain being a lot of work, he gets a 50% bonus (so 3 extra points)

Have you any other HQs to build? Loads of time remain ;)

Vow Completed. 6 PL (+more for kitbash?) on the board. I am going to try to pick up a couple more HQs this week to complete before it ends. And pick up a couple tactical squads for next week. 

Congratulations on the first completion for us!

To me this looks like 75 % Sanguinary Guard with a different weapon choice and shoulder pad, so it gets a 25 % bonus (which is 2 points having rounded up from 1.5). With a black undercoat, will he be gold/red/another colour somewhere down the line?

You're more than welcome to pledge something else later, what HQs are you thinking of acquiring?

I Arkaniss rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Captain Tycho and one Lieutenant for a combined total of 9 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_27469_12034_1553434.jpg

Now to find time to assemble them and modify Delassio! :biggrin.:

Welcome to the event, seems like I've got you hooked on our events :p

Having put the idea in my head about Delassio, I'll be following this closely for ideas...

Updated to here

Keep them coming folks!

Vow Completed. 6 PL (+more for kitbash?) on the board. I am going to try to pick up a couple more HQs this week to complete before it ends. And pick up a couple tactical squads for next week. 

Congratulations on the first completion for us!

To me this looks like 75 % Sanguinary Guard with a different weapon choice and shoulder pad, so it gets a 25 % bonus (which is 2 points having rounded up from 1.5). With a black undercoat, will he be gold/red/another colour somewhere down the line?

You're more than welcome to pledge something else later, what HQs are you thinking of acquiring?

The legs, jump pack + wings, and back are SG. The arms, weapons, and shoulder pads are vanguard vets. The head and chest are from BA upgrade sprue. 

I think I'm going to paint him red, but I haven't decided yet. 

I am planning on getting a terminator captain and terminator librarian. 

Jol! how do you plan on giving your Cat termie Capt a sword?!?! It may change my potential vow!

Currently in two minds. At first I was simply going to replace the chain bit with a blade (in this case, it was a nemesis force weapon blade with an R on it). However, last night I thought about attached the nemesis falchions to his fist in a Darth Maul manner.

Still mulling it over.

I can't decide either! I'm just trying to find a way to replace the chainfist arm with the power sword arm from the regular cataphratcii kit... but now I'm thinking replacing the chain with a blade might look pretty cool..

It seems like if you were to just add a sword to the chainfist hand, the blade would rest on/touch the back armor unless the angel was adjusted

Well, I tried to vow but can't find the option to add pictures :-(

Are you using the site on a mobile? Unless you know how to use the "bracket coding" (for example, [ img=location ] etc) well, you can't insert images on the mobile site. If you're using a computer, your best bet is to create a Gallery under your username, upload the photos there, and then add them to the post using the "My Media" button.

Yeah when you're on mobile either use

[img= link here ]

or

[img= link here ]

When you're on PC you can type that manually as well or just click on the image icon above the textfield for your post (right beside the <> icon for code)

Painful too - but sometimes switching to desktop view on mobile is easier... lots of zooming but functions are there.

I always use the desktop version on mobile. It's so much better imo. Unfortunately all the icons when posting something are missing on mobile even when using the desktop version.

Alright, I got my vows done! I'll snap some pictures here in a few, once the primer is done drying.

As for the second vow... I already said I was planning on doing a captain, I may switch that to a Malakim Phoros instead.  I was originally going to convert him from seth, but there is no way I would be able to get a seth in time, so the plan right now is to base him on a Mk. III marine.

I, Shard of Magnus, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 captains in terminator armour and 1 librarian in terminator armour for a combined total of 22 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_70556_14250_11830.jpg

Time to start clearing out the backlog and lend some support to the first home I had on the B&C.

Alright here is my finished vow...

first vow finished

... and a new one!

I robofish7591, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build my chapter master, Malakim Phoros, for a total of 10 power levels on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.  Success will bring honor to the Lamenters and the Blood Angel faction, whilst failure is not an option.

Malakim Phoros vow

I plan on using some Mk III armor as a base combined with some sanguinary guard parts, and I'll probably use that left over half cape from ahriman to form the base of a new cape for Phoros.  Hopefully my greenstuff skills can keep up with the mental image I have for this model!  :teehee:

Right now I am planning on just using the little half cape as a start for sculping a full cape on him.  I plan on him being in Mk III armor with some greenstuff bling, mainly because I like Mk III.  I'm probably going to save that arm for a librarian conversion or something, I'm not sure yet though.  I'm very bad at planning and just kind of go with whatever I think of at the time when I am being creative.

I Majkhel] rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build High Chaplain Astorath] for a combined total of 8 PL] on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction], whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_45445.jpg

And hello everyone, as this is my first post on this most esteemed forum :smile.:

Same question to you, will you be setting it up for use as another Dreadnought at a later date, or will you be sticking with the one type? All the best with it :thumbsup:

I will be magnetising so can use it as Furioso or Librarian (and normal dread I suppose? He would just have the Furioso face plate so not sure if that would be confusing).

I Kaese rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Death company captain with jump pack for a combined total of 6PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_1112364.jpg

The plan is to use this DC chaplain as a base, but I will probably swap everything else except the legs and jump pack. It all comes down to how easy it will be to remove the torso without too much damage on the legs.

I Rocmistro, aka, 9x19 Parabellum rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Primaris Librarian, to be converted as a "counts as" for Mephiston, Lord of Death for a combined total of Power Level 8 on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_95196_14253_372703.png

gallery_95196_14253_90092.jpg

Vow Completed!

gallery_105306_14251_12307.jpg

Going for another:
I Majkhel, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 Lieutanants for a combined total of 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_41958.jpg

Will be kit-bashed from MKIV marines sprue with some Sternguard, Vanguard, SG and other bits. Arms will be magnetized for future upgrades.

Archived