=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

Great pose on the DC smash-captain, Kaese!

My 3rd vow completed!
gallery_105306_14251_48474.jpg

Not many changes, but still managed to magnetize left hand so that he could use a stormshield. Also added another shield from the GK sprue, scenic base with a skull from SW terminator, and a purity seal on the hammer.
I've also removed the chalice from the iron halo. That way it would be less prone to random snapping off. It also looks better in my opinion. And I can always use one more chalice somewhere :biggrin.:

First picture shows final all-black version. 2nd and 3rd pictures show all additions/changes unpainted.

Next on the plate (literally).

med_gallery_101149_13675_229155.jpg

Another BA primaris Lt.

On a side note, I thought one of the primaris kits I had previously was a captain. In actuallity, I think they're all Lieutenants.

med_gallery_101149_13675_230252.jpg

So right now score is 26 (?).

3 X 5 for primaris lts.

1 X 11 for Dante.

I'm almost done with my DC captain. He'll bring the total to 32.

Edit: Vow complete, 32 points.

med_gallery_101149_13675_387250.jpg

24 hours remain

After which, this will be locked and the Troops category will open up.

Well then...

I Brother Aether rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Brother Corbulo and a Captain with Jump Pack for a combined total of 11 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

2018 Blood&Zeal HQ Pre

Using the Blood Angels upgrade sprue for the chalice, several bits from assorted sanguinary guard/death company sprues and some vanguard veteran sprues as well...

Brothers, at this final hour visions of the Primarch overtake me...

I Landrick rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Brother Augustine, Sanguinary Priest for a combined total of 4PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels whilst failure is not an option...

IMG 7305

Vow complete! Barrels drilled, mold lines removed, and three terminator champions now primed and ready for the next stage of paint. Bases are untouched as I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.

gallery_70556_14250_8259.jpg

How do you plan on making the Space Hulk Sergeant stand out as a Captain? Do you plan on tweaking much, or will it be the paint job?

A bit of both. The Sergeant already had more extensive detailing, similar to that on Karlean, so I wanted to avoid anything that would mess with that. I did replace the winged chalice on top with a proper iron halo, attached a targeting scope to the storm bolter, and added several purity seals to the shoulders and one leg. One of the seals was to cover a malformed area on the crux terminatus. I was able to kind of fix it while cleaning the model but opted to just conceal that area in the end. He will also get a more intricate paint job appropriate for his status.

Right...

I spagunk rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Captain (Power Sword and Plasma Pistol)

One Sanguinary Priest (Plasma Pistol)

One Terminator Chaplain (Crozius and storm Bolter)

One Blood Angel Primaris Lieutenant (Power sword, bolt pistol)

One Captain with Jump Pack (Twin Lightning claws)

One Captain in Terminator Armor (Relic blade and storm bolter)

One Librarian in Terminator Armor (Combi-melta, Force Axe)

... for a combined total of 41 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_40907_9492_44386.jpg

Vow Completed:

gallery_40907_9492_474643.jpg

additional pics:

gallery_40907_9492_128615.jpggallery_40907_9492_189837.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_201868.jpggallery_40907_9492_165225.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_512840.jpggallery_40907_9492_624782.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_524843.jpggallery_40907_9492_263846.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_425942.jpggallery_40907_9492_629474.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_179559.jpggallery_40907_9492_344656.jpg

Got my sternguard sprues (for lieutenant legs) on Friday, which weren't included in original 'pre' build post.

Sternguard

Lieutenant working

Then airbrush out today for painting...

HQ jump packs

Captain with jump pack (6PL) and 2x Lieutenants w/JP (5PL each) = 16 PL for HQ. 

Bonus images (and for any extra credit)... the arms and packs are all magnetised on these 3; I only have one set of arms for the lieutenants so far, but you can see the alternate captain options (sword and pistol) along with the airbrush-basecoats for 5th co colours on the banners. 

HQ parade flags

Captain alternate loadout

I Thoridon rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build The Sanguinor and a Librarian with Jump Pack for a combined total of 16 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.

O5cFY45.jpg

Being the final 12 hours I'll keep it simple and get these two built and primed. With the Librarian I'll use a jump pack I have from another kit and probably look through my spare bits to change his axe and plasma pistol into other weapons.

Any ideas when would ETL hit the ground this year?

We haven't heard anything since Semper said 2017 was a "fallow year", and this was back in April last. If it goes ahead this year, it will happen in May as always and we should know something by this April at least. If it doesn't go ahead, we have a back-up plan ;)

From Rage to Salvation, the BA-only event, will be in September - November slot all being well :)

can i paint my mephi now or do i need to wait for something else to happen?

They are your models, so do with them as you please :)

However, B&Z is best described as an ETL-prequel event. Basically, it's all about getting your models ready for the inter-forum painting competition (should it go ahead this year), or for any other event seeing as most of them use an undercoated model as a start point. Seeing as the Troop category kicks off soon, you could always plan for that :)

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_843860.jpg

Head and weapon swap on the Captain, magentised weapon and combi-loadout - 25 % bonus - 10 PL

Head swap on the BaC Chaplain - 25 % bonus - 6 PL

Stock Chaplain - 5 PL

21 PL total

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Lieutenant with jump pack for a combined total of 5PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_551661.jpg

Jol, where are we with regards to points? Have we a calculated total up to this point?

Are we going to do a pledged vs. completed points total, and a points vs. points for each event leading up to the final.

We're ahead if all the vowes are completed.

Update: Built the two models, just need to basecoat them after the glue has set a bit more. You can see the plastic modifications I made to the resin Librarian (New left arm, BA pistol and shoulder pad, axe swapped to a long sword and jump pack added).

Wr8nJNS.jpg

Will add the final picture when the basecoat is done.

Vow Complete.

Needed to wake up early to spray prime before work to make sure this vow got in on time!

I prefer helmeted characters and models (except scouts, Mephiston) for my army, so my Brother Corbulo kitbash is a little bit different than you might expect, but I tried to approximate the pose, etc with what I had. Bits lists are in the comments of the photos, but...

Assembled Brother Corbulo Kitbash (Grail and chest from the Blood Angels upgrade sprue, pauldrons, chainsword arm, legs from Death Company sprue, backpack from an Apothecary/Sanguinary Priest pewter blister) and Captain with Jump Pack (Power Sword, chest front, one pauldron from Death Company Sprue, head and other pauldron from Blood Angels upgrade sprue, legs, back of chest and jump pack from Vanguard Veterans sprues).

WIP:

2018 Blood&Zeal HQ WIP

Primed:

2018 Blood&Zeal HQ Post

Conversion points, who calculates? I've added a small conversion to two of my Lt. with a simple head swap or shoulder pad. My DC jump captain is all a conversion.

For our Faction, I do (Acebaur does it for the Templars). They are awarded when I have time to update the OP!

Archived