++Blood & Zeal 2018 - HQ Strategem++

Acebaur

Yeah, that's my current fallback plan if I can't think of anything better.  Relic Blades are supposed to be rather impressive, but it'd look awkward to put a proper long blade in place of the chainsaw. :ermm:

I'm looking about on Google, and there are several here on the BnC that look good, but they're either unexplained conversions, or conversions way more complicated than I can handle/afford.

i was too excited so i even painted 1 of the Hq's already.

lcwgMg8dGbY.jpg

PtCmIpPNq_Q.jpg

gIZi75RybzE.jpg

NICE!!! Love the eyes and the sword. May he lead your forces to many swift victories.

In all honesty, I almost started painting my vowed chaplain last night. A stern look from my wife and a reminder that "Ink Master" was coming on smothered that notion.

I, Cognative,rise to the HQ Challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Marshall in Gravis Armor for a total of 7 Power Level On or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring Honor to the Black Templars, Our Primarch Progenitor, and the Rimefel Crusade. Failure is NOT an option!

9a6NYTS.jpg

I, Marshal Wolfhart, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build two marshals and a castelan for a combined total of 14PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Black Templars, whilst failure is not an option...

Here are the starting pics:

nUguVBb.jpg?1

SVrkxsm.jpg

87IvgbQ.jpg?1

Should the old pewter models be too simple, i'll run them out of competition, of course.

I will update them tonight, it's been a busy work week for me. 

In the meantime....

I Acebaur rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build two Marshals (and convert one of them!) for a combined total of 10 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Black Templars, whilst failure is not an option...

1PzEjkF.jpg

8hLbS0U.jpg

Jump Pack Captain Complete!

I decided that the a bolt pistol chainsword captain would look just like a normal assault marine, so i went for dual custom lighting claw instead. Hopefully this will qualify for the 25% bonus point :smile.:

He will be leading my Vanguard Vets and Termies of my crusades Sword Brethren. 

kLcOh8V.jpg
NlIM09s.jpg
yJZ11dP.jpg

Sun is shining so i went out to spray coat my models. Rattlecan empty. May the Emperor guide me to the GW tomorrow so i can resupply and finish in time before i  have to leave for the weekend!

Also i did deviate from my vow, as the conversion for the sheethed sword wouldn't work out with the legs i chose on the small base. If that's the vow failed so be it, otherwise, here are the built pics:

change of plans:

02w43qF.jpg

build done:

0odMiZv.jpg

I, TheOneTrueZon, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build (with Omnissiah approved maglock joints) & basecoat a converted Chaplain with Crozius and Stormbolter for a total of 5PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Black Templars, whilst failure is not an option...

6m1jlJr.jpg

Is that the wargaming exclusive Chaplain Brother? What is the quality like I've been eyeing him up for some time?

Sure is! I swapped out the left handed plasma gun for the (soon to be modified assault bolder from an Inceptor) storm bolder, I plan on using the plasma gun for something else as I don't often run plasma on my Chaplains. Quality is excellent, it was hard to really find a single noticeable mold line. However the clamshell packaging is a little tight and there were a couple small details on the powerpack and cherub which snapped, but no matter I had plans for additions that will cover up those faults nicely. I have some detailed pics on my PLOG, the link is in my signature. 

I, Chaplain Matthias of the Calixis Crusade, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Marshall, a Chaplain with a jump pack, and an Emperor's Champion for a combined total of 15 PL(plus whatever bonus points I earn for heavy conversions) on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the [black Templars Faction], whilst failure is not an option...

Here are my pictures!

Q59kPju.jpg

dpjNpgY.jpg

JBYw2iW.jpg

Vow complete! I just killed my black primer on a corvus blackstar right before this model, and won't have time to get black primer before the deadline, so white primer it is. The only conversion on this model is a head swap, doubt that counts for extra points.

bAeGY7e.jpg

sq4UzOY.jpg

And I revow before the weekend is up!

I Acebaur rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build two Chaplains for a combined total of 10 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Black Templars, whilst failure is not an option...

Hidden Content
z22jBcj.jpg

Archived