Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prince Of The Sons 2000 Points

- - - - - Thousand Sons 2000 points army list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Batwing17

Batwing17

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Vanguard Detachment +1Command Point

HQ
- Ahriman
Glamour of Tzeentch
Prescience
Temporal Manipulation

- Demon Prince of Tzeentch
Helm of the third Eye
warp Bolter if he can take it I don't know if he can
Wings
Pair of Malefic Talons
Death Hex
Diabolic Strength
Warlord: Otherworldly Prescience

Troops
- Rubric Marines
10x Plasma Pistol, force stave, weaver of fates
Soulreaper Cannon

Elites
- 5x Hellbrute
2x Hellbrute Fist, 2x Heavy Flamers

- Tzaangor Shaman
Boon of Mutation

Heavy Support
- Land Raider
Combi-plasma
Havoc launcher

Flyer
- Helldrake Baleflamer

2000 points Vanguard Detachment basically run hellbrutes up psychic powers everything else and demon prince is hard to kill with Ahriman buffing him and healing him. Shaman is for fun to give boons to Ahriman to see if he becomes that which can't be named or a Prince or more buffs. The 10 Man squad in the landraider buffs there invun to give them a 3 up if the weapon damage is 1. Fun army any changes to it tell me I have some enlightend ones on disc and i have magnus but no one in my play group wants to play against magnus. Also apparently demon prince of tzeentch might not be able to take warp bolter so land raider has combolter instead if thats the case.

Edited by Batwing17, 20 February 2018 - 05:10 PM.

Minsc

Minsc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 548 posts
  • Faction: TS, WE, Sallies.

Can't cast boon on Ahriman if he's on a Disc as he Disc gives him the <Daemon> keyword, so the Tzaangor Shaman is rather pointless. 

• Batwing17 likes this

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

Might be me, but I'm struggling to see where you want to go with the list. Unless it's just for fun and trying to get hellbrutes into combat (which I struggle to see how you'll do effectively).

Enlighten me to the concept, and I'll be happy to provide more input.

• Batwing17 likes this

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Batwing17

Batwing17

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Ah thank you for telling me about the boon i’ll take Ahriman off the disc then.
Also yes this list is just for fun I have a serious list but my play group never wants to see Magnus on the board so I can’t use the model I bought so kinda a waste of money it’s just a monster mash list go up the board and buff the small demon prince to be a mini Magnus and Ahriman gets the boons. Also I do like the fact that thousand sons now has a power that can heal almost everything in the codex so I wanted to try a mecha thousand son list I tried defilers not much luck hellbrute with heavy flamers did pretty well on the board with back up from landraider and a hell drake and some Pskers. If there is a better load out for them pls tell me I’m all ears it’s why I love posting on this site.

Edited by Batwing17, 20 February 2018 - 05:23 PM.

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

As you are probably aware, it's fully possible to have nice and fun games, even with big guys like magnus on the table (or other super heavies for that matter). Just make sure your opponents are aware that you bring him, so they have a chance to bring enough of the big guns. In panic they might kill him turn 1, but if they do that once or twice, they'll see he's not such a big baddie, allowing you even more games with him.

For those first few games with the Crimson King, just make sure the rest of your list isn't too strong.

With regards to the list you have posted, I'd personally never run 5 hellbrutes. Also, the land raider is not a very strong choice. Too many points for the shooting it can do. And it dies so easily to lascannons.

I'd suit up on troops, so that I could at least field a battalion for those extra CP. Doesn't have to be 10/20 man rubric squads, even though they are damn cool. A small unit of cultists/tzaangors or two. All you need to sacrifice is a hellbrute if you have two units of ten cultists (and you'll probably have points for something else). For loadout on the remaining hellbrutes, dual flamers and fists is very combat-happy, but I'd consider some lascannons to give your list a bit more ranged punch. Two of the hellbrutes could do with lascannons besides their fists. The other two can still be combat-crazy.

Our Daemon Princes correctly cannot take the warp bolter. For some reason it's not very TS'ish, apparantly.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Batwing17

Batwing17

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Thank you for the advice I will take it the games were fun and the hellbrute did well with lascannons and more troops to hold objectives

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,598 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later
Our Daemon Princes correctly cannot take the warp bolter. For some reason it's not very TS'ish, apparantly.

This is correct by RAW, however the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch from C:TS is just a Daemon Prince from C:CSM with the Mark of Tzeentch already applied. You may want to ask GW why CSM can grandfather the Warp Bolter in but TS can't. Both armies could have the old metal daemon prince which has such a weapon.

Rubric Marines cannot take plasma pistols only the aspiring sorcerers can. BTW.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thousand Sons, 2000 points, army list

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users