Vertus Praetor Bases/Stems

Prot

Hey guys,

I'm just curious what you guys have been doing for the base stems on the Vertus Praetor models. As I build them I can see a potential issue for models just falling off during movement. Over time this could get worse. I really didn't think the magnet thing was going to be something I wanted to do with these, but I'm wondering what you've done, or perhaps they're fine?

I like simple. And that's simple.

Funny I watched your Batrep and the bikes were so brutal. I bet he'd play that Stormraven a LOT differently now. ;)

I may just do a simple drill fix if that works. I imagine it shortens the height but who cares. I'd rather do that than mess with magnets.

You know. The bases are not all the same height anyway so what’s the difference in a couple of millimeters. If playing true RAW those fricking lances are gonna cost you LoS hahahaha

And yea. Nikola still learning how to be competitive. To his credit he asks for it so he can learn.

On that note I just received all my dragonforge bases so will be swapping over to the ovals once I finish painting them. I feel like those speeder bases are a bit much

I do have a fair amount of Dragon Forge bases, but with this army I am seriously thinking of using the GW bases from the Sector Imperialis line. They have nice oval bases in there that are 75mm.. perfect for these guys.

I did an experiment last night, cutting the bulb off the stem. I can see that as you mentioned, you have to clear out some of the inside joints to let the stem insert firmly enough. I drilled it out but still thinking of heavy magnets.

Of course those lances definitely make hiding the unit super hard.:)

i just cut the ball off. THen i drilled the little cross piece in the hole on the bike. Ten they just fit in snugly, and are removable

Would you be so kind to snap a quick picture? I'm eager to learn of this seemingly elegant solution, but I feel my non-native English keeps me from fully understanding the solution.

I am seriously thinking of using the GW bases from the Sector Imperialis line. They have nice oval bases in there that are 75mm.. perfect for these guys.

I only wish they made Shattered Dominion ovals in 75mm... I got those for the rest of my army but it looks like they only come in 60 or 90mm ovals. :(