Mechanicus VIDEO GAME Discussion here

Vel'Cona

Praise be to the Omnissiah, my mechadendrites are all a quiver.

Ooo turn based tactical, I like that they mention augmenting your troops, gives me hope that troops will have greater customisation ala Chaos Gate. I like the multiple ending possibility, in which your choices mater and affects the upcoming mission. I would love if this was an XCom style game with admech. I'd even settle for a mainly management style game (Sim city, they are billions) which seems to be this publishers past experience. 

Trying to keep the hype to a minimum :biggrin.:

I just want to toss in my .02 based on the trailer. The vocal distortion they used is awesome. Story by Ben Counter is a good thing. The attention to detail looks pretty solid. The atmosphere is good. There's almost no real indication of gameplay, though, and trailers are often made by totally different 3rd-party companies so it's possible to have a great trailer and a mediocre game. We shall see... 

Looks like more shovelware, honestly.

Have faith, brother! :)

I just want to toss in my .02 based on the trailer. The vocal distortion they used is awesome. Story by Ben Counter is a good thing. The attention to detail looks pretty solid. The atmosphere is good. There's almost no real indication of gameplay, though, and trailers are often made by totally different 3rd-party companies so it's possible to have a great trailer and a mediocre game. We shall see... 

I'd agree, a pretty trailer does not a great game make.  Here's hoping GW is actually delivering on recouping its licenses over the last year or so and producing some good games.  In the minimum, it's nice to have so much attention lavished on our faction!  :D

Turn based is perfect for me, as I have to moderate my real-time gaming as it can flare up my CFS.

I really hope this game is decent as I want a lot more for this faction to show up in games. I'll buy it and play it even if its terrible, even if I have to play it on friends machines if my laptop won't run it. Because it is a Mechanicus game and I've been wanting one since... I guess since 1989.

I'll get a physical copy and if there's a collectors preorder version I can afford I'll for sure get it.

Ave Deus Mechanicum!

I am still pretty skeptical.  I have found most 40k games to be a bit underwhelming in one way or another. Heres to hoping though

They're definitely more miss than hit, in my experience.  For every Dawn of War there are seemingly 3 or 4 throw-away titles.  It's a shame because the IP is so strong and there is plenty to work with here; I'm just not sure GW is willing to pony up creative control to a serious game dev.  Or perhaps the situation that happened with Dawn of War III will only solidify their resolve to avoid major publishers (in either case, Sega is generally a bad choice IMO).

Looks like more shovelware, honestly.

I don't know if I'd go that far but it is true that the few gameplay screenshots don't scream amazing quality. But since it's a turned-based rpg I imagine it could be an isometric game so maybe the character models are not supposed to be seen up-close. IDK. I really want to see this but, like I said in the other topic, I'm going to wait for some reviews.

Edited by Warpmiss

It's interesting that so far the game seems to feature a team of techpriests rather than a single Magos leading a force of Skitarii. Rather we seem to have Myrmidons. It's also interesting that beyond the standard Dominus or parts clearly taken from that design a lot of these warrior priests look seem based on FFG's RPG techpriest artworks.

ah well.... it lost me at PC and Mac :dry.:  i don't own either anymore,the $$ to update a PC nowadays is crazy...i'll wait 2 years for it on PS4 and grab it from the bargain bin  :biggrin.:

happy for you PC/Mac guys though :thumbsup:

Mithril

If the game is immersive, I’m almost guaranteed to buy it....even if it turns out to suck a bit. :wink:

TBH this is the first WH40k video game that I've had this exact reaction.  The others I've all done as a wait-and-see but this just feels different, to me.  I guess I'm a massive sucker for anything AdMech related :P

If the game is immersive, I’m almost guaranteed to buy it....even if it turns out to suck a bit. :wink:

TBH this is the first WH40k video game that I've had this exact reaction.  The others I've all done as a wait-and-see but this just feels different, to me.  I guess I'm a massive sucker for anything AdMech related :tongue.:

Exactly... I'm dating myself here but in the 'old' days that's what most video games were. Back in the day running my 600 dollar GeForce Elsa (wow, that was eons ago) most of the games weren't a heck of a lot to look at, but if they had story immersion we were all over them. This is one of those areas of 40K that I'd love to dabble in the whole background of. Simple things like... character appearance/enhancements as you progress, a deep, dark secret your character discovers.... changing the oil on a Knight, arm wrestling a Necron.... that sort of stuff!

(I imagine Inquisitor could have/would have been like that?)

As long as I can play it on my current PC, I'll look out for it.

Edited by Prot

Here's hoping the creators have played some Jagged Alliance, early Fallout, and X-Com. There is a ton of potential for a good turn-based strategy. I suspect this game will live or die based on gameplay more than graphics.

They had the developer on Warhammer TV today and he confirmed it’s X-Com like. Also dropped a big hint that you’ll be able to control a Knight in it. Also spoke about the weaponry and it will be cool to see the AdMech bespoke weapon visual and audio effects. I’ll certainly be checking it out.

Here's hoping the creators have played some Jagged Alliance, early Fallout, and X-Com. There is a ton of potential for a good turn-based strategy. I suspect this game will live or die based on gameplay more than graphics.

Boom you got me there, i LOOOOOVED Jagged Alliance 2 :wub:  now that was a game with characters in it ....ah "scope" how i miss you head shotting people :biggrin.:

Good to hear it has an x-com style mechanic in it.. maybe an ok laptop that can handle the game might be save up for ...Hmmmm :tongue.:

anyways, thanks Subtle Discord for the trip back down memory lane :thumbsup: 

Mithril  

Thrilled to hear Ben's doing the story. Malodrax was a blast, recently, and I've always found his stories compelling - especially where his supporting cast are concerned. (Look at Battle for the Abyss's Skraal & Mhotep!)

Moreover, Ben's always had a great line in getting Mechanicus into the stories too, so I'm extremely keen to see this.

Even if it's a bit crap, I'm sure it'll be worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't seen it yet, rush over to Chapter Master Valrak's youtube channel and watch the alpha gameplay and Q&A video.

It'll be exactly the same as the current knight kit. The arms attach the exact same way, just scaled down.