Nurgle demon prince conversions!

Trollbeard

Hey guys, I’m wanting to add some DP to my nurgle force, but the current models are either out of stock or not gross enough.

I was wondering if some of you guys who have converted yours would mind posting some photos to give me some ideas and inspiration.

I was planning on getting another start collecting box, and don’t really wanna build/paint more drones, and also I wanna use the drone wings on my princes.

Thanks in advance!

A quick post. I faced a similar issue. I decided to do a conversion off of a piece of Nurgle lore, that Nurgle had rescued/imprisoned the Eldar goddess Isha. Thus, I converted a pair of Isha's handmaidens/Autarchs/whatever:

gallery_57329_13636_997580.jpg

gallery_57329_13636_13544.jpg

Tried to make a Servo-skull of Nurgle, that didn't turn out as great. Will probably use the skull pack instead when I get to it.

Initial inspiration was Gathering Storm II, where they described a priestess/exarch of the Eldar hag goddess. I liked the idea of these lost aspect warriors of minor Eldar gods so much I kinda wanted to do my own. Used the drone wings.

A quick post. I faced a similar issue. I decided to do a conversion off of a piece of Nurgle lore, that Nurgle had rescued/imprisoned the Eldar goddess Isha. Thus, I converted a pair of Isha's handmaidens/Autarchs/whatever:

gallery_57329_13636_997580.jpg

gallery_57329_13636_13544.jpg

Tried to make a Servo-skull of Nurgle, that didn't turn out as great. Will probably use the skull pack instead when I get to it.

Initial inspiration was Gathering Storm II, where they described a priestess/exarch of the Eldar hag goddess. I liked the idea of these lost aspect warriors of minor Eldar gods so much I kinda wanted to do my own. Used the drone wings.

Those look awesome! And the fluff aspect is really cool! Did you do much GSing?

Sorry for the late reply, Brother.  Thankfully, no green stuff, but I did have to drill and file down with a dremel/drilling tool.

Long story short - I created a ball and socket joint, kind of like how the Plague Drones wings would fit on their actual model.  So I drilled -very carefully- into the back of the (Dark) Eldar (Scourge) body.  Then I clipped like "roots" of the Plague Drone wings, which are kind of ball-shaped, into halves, basically.  Then I glued those 2 halves together to form, so that it looked like 2 wings joined by 1 ball.  There were done at an angle so that the wings would form into a natural V-shape.  After that dried, I glued them into the socket joint I had filed into the Eldar's back.

I regret not taking work-in-progress pictures.  Green stuff might work better, but I built these to be more resilient and I thought the ball and socket joint would hold it together stronger.  It honestly does not look as good from the back, but considering my opponent and I might pick these up by the wings, I went for a more robust approach.