Hunter Cadre Isamu

Commander Isamu

Hello all

With the Tau codex dropping soon I wanted to share a pic of my Tau force I took to the LVO 40k Friendly. Had a good time and will be back again in 2019. This army was fun to play and performed well for the event but I am really really looking forward to what the codex will do. Hopefully we can see more Tau in the champs!

IMG_20180128_134809814.jpg

Thank you for the welcoming

Long time lurker and had been furiously painting Tau for the past 6 months for the LVO event. Now I am taking it slow but managed to paint up Shas O'ralai.

IMG_20180215_204034406.jpg

The lighting sucks but I will work on better pictures down the road.

Just a phone pic of a hammerhead

I painted up the whole army in about 6 months so I skipped weathering till a later point but my thought was trying to make a more realistic and grimdarkish Tau army. I liked and hated the original Tau Ocre color so chose a more muted khaki Brown...I went with the red accents to bring some color back into it. It would have been cool to put the hex camo on the suits but I was working under a time constraint of putting a list together from scratch for the LVO.

IMG_20180226_233753265.jpg

And battlesuits

IMG_20180226_233914661.jpg

Great looking army! I'm working on getting my force up for LVO 2019 as well. Still not entirely sure what I want to bring but now that I know there is a friendly competition I'll be aiming for that.

Well from my experience with the 2018 friendly you can expect to fight varied oppenents and armies. I lost 2 and won 2. I lost to a Imperial Guard tank army with a Banblade. Then lost to a Chaos Alpha Legion mass infantry list. Though i conceded victory... I only got 2 turns in and my openent took forever during deployment and through his turns. I am pretty confident I would have smashed him my following turn...but hey whatever...I won against an Ork Dread and Kan list with a Meka Dread...and Finally beat a. Elite Dark Angel force with Termies, flyer, and Land Raider.

My approach was to have a mixed force theme and avoid Commander spam. Worked out well and never felt weak or inferior. However looking at the armies in the friendly I would say most folks came to beat face and win and next time I'll bring 2 Commanders!

I really like the "digital" camo on your armor and the overall sand color is familiar, but not the typical GW sand, so two thumbs up there.

Thank you for the close ups.

Long time lurker and had been furiously painting Tau for the past 6 months for the LVO event. Now I am taking it slow but managed to paint up Shas O'ralai.

IMG_20180215_204034406.jpg

Where did you get those awesome guns on the other suit?

<snip>

Where did you get those awesome guns on the other suit?

Those are the dual barrel beamers from here: http://www.reddogminis.com/crisis-suit-compatible.html

His stuff is not to my taste but can't deny they are decent.

Thank you all for the positive comments.

I used red dog minis guns, the quad fusion commander and cyclic ion on the crisis have his gun models.

Pretty good quality not alot to fix but only a few did need some extra work. Overall thumbs up!

The camo was done with Fallout hobbie's hex camo stencil. Used air brush and multiple layers of paint/stencil.

Very easy but there a a learning curve of how to keep the stencils from pulling up the layer of paint underneath. Fairly easy fix but added extra time to the process. Thin coats and let dry for 2 days. Then I would seal with dullcote, apply next set of stencils etc.

Hope that made sense!

Nice army...:jawdrop:  probably one of the nicest finished T'AU armies iv'e ever seen.

it's nice to see some people that play hard can paint hard as well, instead of the usual power gamer nerds :facepalm:  who have half painted armies but focus more on mathhammer than the beauty of the model... 

Mithril

The buffed CIR and especially the Bork'an Sept Tenet that gives +6“ on its main weapons gives me hope for the Ghostkeels performance on the table. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well with the new codex I swapped out the Coldstars stock equipment with 4 fusion blasters, re outfitted one of my Crisis squads with BCs and a drone controller...gonna try my luck with them, marker drones and atleast 8 gun drones with the focus fire strategem...we shall see...also in the process of repainting the heads of the suits from red to Stonewall gray...which I'm liking more of

IMG_20180402_140104910.jpg

Also have a wip shot of a riptide HBC ready to fill out my growing brigade...

IMG_20180402_230741543.jpg

Oh ..Shas'Yeah :biggrin.:  this is great inspiration work as it's one of my Favourite painted T'AU armies :wub: ,

i love looking at your army and i'm glad your adding stuff,the grey helms works well too :thumbsup:  

Cheers Mithril 

Archived