Forge World HH Mechanics models

Orpheus108

Greetings All,

I'm looking at getting a 4th army and love the models and fluff of the mechanicus. The HH AdMech models I love and was wondering if there are rules for them in 8th now, looking at a few of the Thallax and Thanatar models.

I love the look of the tanks and would love to use them aswell. From a fluff point of view the AdMech could have stashes of them in caches on a Forge World to use later.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Your search skills require work, fellow Magos!

No rules as of yet (unless you are a Heretic, in which case there is some rules for the Larger Tech Priest models...).

They are however coming in the next Imperial Armour book: Fires of Cyraxus - this focuses on a conflict between the Ad Mech and Tau, with the Red Scorpions and a couple other chapters also present.

The slated release date according to someone at the new years open day is "before the end of March", however we have not heard anything beyond this.

There is now also a chance that the book has been even further delayed to add Custodes to the book as well, but this is just conjecture currently.

Your search skills require work, fellow Magos!

No rules as of yet (unless you are a Heretic, in which case there is some rules for the Larger Tech Priest models...).

They are however coming in the next Imperial Armour book: Fires of Cyraxus - this focuses on a conflict between the Ad Mech and Tau, with the Red Scorpions and a couple other chapters also present.

The slated release date according to someone at the new years open day is "before the end of March", however we have not heard anything beyond this.

There is now also a chance that the book has been even further delayed to add Custodes to the book as well, but this is just conjecture currently.

Since that event someone said the end of March rumor was bull. I believe they said they talked to someone from FW at LVO.

Alas circumstances call upon us to be patient. We have some indication of what will be included from early statements and preview artworks but even that can't be wholly certain as all manner of last minute changes occur in such things. I expect a lot of us are champing at the bit to order Triaros, Macrocarid, Thanatar et al but waiting on certainty of inclusion.

Another delay might be the new units seen coming such as the Termite and Ordinatus Mole which I expect would also be included.

Guess FW said it at an event, as "Q1 2018". But the only constant is change, considering it was also intended for March 2017, right after Inferno. Long story short, it seems like they have no idea, and repeating the question "can I take FW stuff" every 2 weeks won't change that.

Guess FW said it at an event, as "Q1 2018". But the only constant is change, considering it was also intended for March 2017, right after Inferno. Long story short, it seems like they have no idea, and repeating the question "can I take FW stuff" every 2 weeks won't change that.

Someone else also claimed to talk to FW staff who said the March thing was made up. So I don't know if that was ever realistic anyway. I wish they would just make a proper announcement to fill us in!

Cool thanks. I would think the best thing to do would be to go out and buy a load of models that don’t relate and start painting those...then Sod’s law will dictate that they release it and I need to buy a load of FW models haha

On behalf of the local Ordinatus Owner's Club: Please go ahead, if that's what it takes to get the rules. Right now, we're down to building mini ordinatii from the GW servohaulers and use them as onagers... :confused:

Cool thanks. I would think the best thing to do would be to go out and buy a load of models that don’t relate and start painting those...then Sod’s law will dictate that they release it and I need to buy a load of FW models haha

On behalf of the local Ordinatus Owner's Club: Please go ahead, if that's what it takes to get the rules. Right now, we're down to building mini ordinatii from the GW servohaulers and use them as onagers... :confused:
Are there pictures of this heresy I mean ingenuity anywhere?

I can't help but look at that and think of this:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/e/e1/Battlewagon_Lifta-Droppa.jpg

Not a bad thing of course. I quite like the idea of an Ordinatus Micro that's smaller than the Minoris ones.

Well the book may not cover all the 30k range so its a bit of a gamble. But then, having the start of a Heresy era Mechanicum army isn't bad either.

I would have done that, if Heresy were still compatible with 40k.

The only alternative without Cyraxis would be to go oldschool 5th edition AdMech, and use Inquisition rules. Macrocarid = LandRaider, techpriest = inquisitor, thralls = henchmen etc., that's how it was done before the skitarii/cult codex came out.

Oh dear, this thread just inspired me to get two of the Servohaulers to emulate the four tracks of the fullsize Ordinatus, and suspend the weapon system between them. Damn you people! Like I don't already have enough ideas to work with!

Those ordinati are pretty awesome. I prefer the Las one myself.

Yep, got the belicosa one myself. Everyone had the sonic one, a bit of variety can't hurt. Just for fun I'm now adding a Sunfury plasma cannon as optional main armament. Rules-wise Belicosa and Sunfury are interchangeable on the Warlord anyway, house rule for Apo games...