Melodies of Madness-Music While Working on Thousand Sons?

Hey folks,

Curious to know what music you listen to when working on your Thousand Sons miniatures. What gets you in the right headspace?

Here's my list:

Juno Reactor (esp. Labyrinth and Golden Sun of the Great East)

Beats Antique

Blue Oyster Cult

Tool

A Perfect Circle

King Crimson (of course)

Dead Can Dance

Curious to see a few from you all.

September mourning - children of fate

https://youtu.be/RmqZE26aBxw

Fear and loathing in los vegas - let me hear

In this moment

Nightwish

The dawn of war video game has a thousand sons mod thst lets you play a pure t.sons army and they added a custom song for them while you play. I forget what its called.

Edited by Ahzek451

Great topic.

It's not uncommon for me to start off listening to Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson.

various metal play lists though i also have a 40k playlist filled with various tracks from great movie soundtracks and video games.

Otherwise I listen and watch with one eye 40k theories or various battle reports on YT.

This is after my better half goes to bed. She is usually watching Netflix while I model and paint in the same room.

Classical music, usually; I'm no classical music nut, but I found an album of the "99 Darkest Pieces of Classical Music" on Amazon and I've been hooked ever since. I even named one of my Rubric squads the "Statu Variabilis" after the lyrics of "O Fortuna", which has lyrics which are tremendously relevant to the Thousand Sons. (I'll probably have to paint up more Rubrics and make them into another entire detachment at some point, considering the number of lyrics there which are appropriate to the Thousand Sons.) The Symphony No. 3, "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs" is another great one for meditating on Fate.

Other than that, I listen to my standard music sources: Pandora channels premised on Lulu Rouge, or And One, or newer Gary Numan stuff ("I Am Dust" is particularly apropos), or Warpaint.