Help starting a1000 points of adeptus astra telepathica

Lords of Preyspire

Hi all.

About a year ago I posted some fluff questions about how one might go about making an Astra Telepathica force. To my shame I never really followed it up. I’m now back on the train and wanting to get it started.

But basically I’m very stuck. I want a base army that could represent an attacking force (probably from a black ship) and something to use when the siege of Terra book happens down the line.

I guess what I’m saying is, to keep it as fluffy as I can I want to use SoS, Solar Auxilia and the navigator event HQ. I have no idea how or what to start with.

If I go with sisters as the primary am I gimping myself to much? All thoughts are welcome

Great concept! Definitely filing it away for future use. :)

I can’t work out exactly when the Astra Telepathica was made an Adeptus, but that shouldn’t change anything. Talons of the Emperor is definitely one option for your Primary Detachment. They are very flavourful and solid force, even without using Custodes. Take Jenetia Krole - she is so good! Work out what Sisters of Silence units you want, but note that you can only take 3 units per Sisters HQ. You’ll have take your Navigator as 1 of your 3 HQs too, limiting you to 6 Sisters squads.

Alternatively, you could take Solar Auxilia as Primary to represent Black Sentinels. Take a Lord Marshall and Veletaris Storm Sections with power axes - model them with their obsidian breastplates and power lances. Gives you more unit choices (tanks, flyers, etc.) and Sisters are ideal as allies (1 HQ and 3 units in Acquistors). Actually, I think this way works much better.

Here’s a list!

HQ

Lord Marshal: artificer armour; Paragon blade; iron halo; melta bombs; digital lasers; Cyber-familiar 155

Tank Commander: Tank Hunters xx

Expeditionary Navigator: Cyber-familiar 65

TROOPS

Auxilia Infantry Tercio

10 Veletarii: Prime; 9 Veletarii; power axes 165

Saturnyne Pattern Aurox Pattern Transport xx

Auxilia Infantry Tercio

10 Veletarii: Prime; 9 Veletarii; power axes 165

Saturnyne Pattern Aurox Pattern Transport xx

FAST ATTACK

Leman Russ Strike Squadron

Leman Russ Vanquisher: hull-mounted lascannon 185

HEAVY SUPPORT

Malcador Infernus Special Weapons Tank: armoured ceramite 285

LORDS OF WAR

Sub-orbital Strike Wing

Crusade Fleet Avenger Strike Fighter: 2 wing-mounted Kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control 190

Crusade Fleet Avenger Strike Fighter: 2 wing-mounted Kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control 190

Allied Talons of the Emperor

HQ

Jenetia Krole xxx

TROOPS

10 Sisters of Silence Prosecutors: Prosecutor Mistress; 9 Sisters of Silence Prosecutors; nuncio-vox 125

Kharon Pattern Acquistor: twin-linked multi-melta; extra armour 130

ELITES

10 Sisters of Silence Oblivion Knights: Oblivion Knight Mistress; Raptor Guard Cadre; 9 Sisters of Silence Oblivion Knights 170

FAST ATTACK

12 Sisters of Silence Pursuers: Pursuer Mistress; 3 × Cyber-jackal; 3 × Steeltalon Wing; 5 Sisters of Silence Pursuers 140

TOTAL

2,500 points

Wow, thank you so much for the reply. This is fantastic! I'm fairly new to heresy, especially outside of marines. I'm going to pitch this as a long term project, hopefully I'll be able to run a few versions so I can try different set ups. Correct me if I'm wrong but is the navigator mixed with sisters the ultimate anti psyker unit? With the forced 3 dice perils tests? I could be totally wrong.

Also is there a way to take human psykers at all? In militia? I don't own the book so I'm not sure what's in it.

You can only take human Psykers in a Militia force, but they're Rogue Psykers as part of a Chaos cult - definitely not Loyalist!

Yeah, Aetheric disruption does work pretty well with the Sisters!

Good luck with this project!

Outside of the Librarians, Primarchs and large chunks of the Thousand Sons specifically, psykers weren’t used by loyalist Imperial Armies, most especially after the Council of Nikea. Not till things got desperate at any rate so it’s possible they may show up in Battle of Terra once FW get round to it, but for now the fluffiest choice would be an anti-psyker force like the one already suggested