Start collecting box

TempestBlade

I’d be very surprised if there was a change to the Start Collecting box; it was only redone a few months back with the newer black box design (and renamed to Drukhari at the same time).

As for getting more than one set, I think that’s even less likely. Only one faction in either system has more than one box, and that’s the Stormcast Eternals.

Well I looked at the US GW site and the start collecting box is now “out of stock” AND “no longer available”. Here’s hoping that that means a new start collecting box. Maybe a new character with the 8th edition book. Someone on a board or bike would be cool.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/start-collecting-dark-eldar

That would be cool, but sadly unlikely yes. Given that many armies can do more than one theme/build you'd think that it'd be a thing but as far as I'm aware an army has only ever had a single box set (mega boxes aside).

Blood angels have a Death co one, one with a Baal pred, and one with three dreds. So it is all based off of the whim of whoever decides these things.

Well I looked at the US GW site and the start collecting box is now “out of stock” AND “no longer available”. Here’s hoping that that means a new start collecting box. Maybe a new character with the 8th edition book. Someone on a board or bike would be cool.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/start-collecting-dark-eldar

Sure it could be possible we get a new set, I just think it's unlikely given that the existing set already got redone with the new packaging style and naming convention for 8th edition. Why go to the expense of designing/printing new boxes just to replace them a few months later? No other faction that got it's box redone in the new style had a change to the contents. For reference, the only two factions that have gotten new sets so far (Eldar and Tyranids) did not have their previous boxes re-done in the new style, so GW obviously already had plans to replace them when they redesigned all the packaging.

Furthermore, if there was going to be a new model, do you not think it would have been shown off at LVO, at the same time they revealed the new Necron Cryptek?

Blood angels have a Death co one, one with a Baal pred, and one with three dreds. So it is all based off of the whim of whoever decides these things.

Incorrect. Only one of those is a Start Collecting box; the one with the Baal Predator and tellingly, the words "Start Collecting" printed at the top of the box.

The other two you mention (the Death Company Strike Force and the Chapter Ancients box) were limited-time bundle deals, neither of which are still produced (but which may still be available in your region if stock remains).

• 3 weeks later...

Now that necrons just got a new Start Collecting box I think Druhkari will too seeing how it’s not even on the US GW site anymore. Here’s hoping!

If it's any level of savings like the new necron one then it will be welcomed. (Seriously, the newcron one previewed has 6 units in it)

Personally I would love a less Kabal themed Start Collecting box (Haemonculus perhaps?), however I'd honestly prefer our resin units to be updated.  If anything I'd love to see us get an expanded Mandrake line since Ol' Kheradruakh did manage to take over a good chunk of Comorragh since he collected the last head and opened the portal to the Mandrake dimension during the Gathering Storm plot.

Well, obviously my reasoning why they wouldn’t do a new one was flawed. It’s an inferior box to the old one in terms of value, but it actually suits my army plans quite well, so no complaints from me.

It hasn't been since the first Mechanicus Start collecting sets hit the shelves and GW did a rare black friday clear out that I have gotten such a (relatively good) deal on an army.

2 Old start collecting, one new, one gangs of Comorragh.  All at 25% off.

$240 for 20x Warriors, 10x Wyches, 10x Hellions, 15x Reavers, 2x Raiders, 1x Venom and 3x HQs. 

Wasnt able to nab gangs myself, but got 2x Old SC, 2x new SC and 20x Scourges. On its own, thats 2 Archons, 2 Succubi, 20 Warrs, 20 Wychs, 20 Scourges, 12 Reavers, 2 Venoms and 2 Raiders which is pretty sizable.

Final tally is:

• Lelith
  • 3x Succubi (dont know what I'd do with 3 tbh)
  • 2x Archons (more reroll bubbles will be nice to have I guess?)
  • 40 Warrs
  • 40 Wychs
  • 20 Scourges
  • 12 Reavers
  • 5 venoms
  • 4 Raiders
  • 1 Ravager

I guess I basically have a Horde army now...? need to nab a Voidraven at some point. Thing is slick.

Wasnt able to nab gangs myself, but got 2x Old SC, 2x new SC and 20x Scourges. On its own, thats 2 Archons, 2 Succubi, 20 Warrs, 20 Wychs, 20 Scourges, 12 Reavers, 2 Venoms and 2 Raiders which is pretty sizable.

Final tally is:

• Lelith
  • 3x Succubi (dont know what I'd do with 3 tbh)
  • 2x Archons (more reroll bubbles will be nice to have I guess?)
  • 40 Warrs
  • 40 Wychs
  • 20 Scourges
  • 12 Reavers
  • 5 venoms
  • 4 Raiders
  • 1 Ravager

I guess I basically have a Horde army now...? need to nab a Voidraven at some point. Thing is slick.

Not quite Horde.. there is a lot on eBay for Dark Eldar that has something like 200 warriors. Granted they are the old ones that used to come in the starter, so everyone had piles and piles of them.

I am going to try to keep the DE from exploding into mega-force size like my other armies, so I am being conservative with my purchase list.  That list still includes all the special characters, unit of incubi, unit of wracks, 10 scourges, unit of grotesques, a few court models, another venom, 2 ravagers, a tantalus, one each of the flyers, a pair of Talos and a Cronos. Maybe some Mandrakes too, and I already got a bunch of miscellaneous monster models I can use as the beasts.

Yeah I'm keen on also nabbing another Ravager or two and, possibly, a Tantalus with my next FW order to satisfy the dreadhead crave.

Mandrakes the only thing stopping me from getting them is finecast. I've worked a lot with FW resin and I detest finecast so I'd either have to wait for them to be redone in plastic or nab some very elusive metal mandrakes off Ebay...

• 3 weeks later...

It seems Sweden is about the only place with decent Drukhari inventory.

With their current production woes, the massive Indoneth release, and new Knights right around the corner, I don't know if they have the production space to actually restock the Drukhari any time soon.

I have SO much stuff to buy... Ravagers are being up-charged like whiskey during prohibition.

Ravagers have been in and out of stock for months, I was lucky to get my hands on one from GW a few months ago, and got a decent deal for one on bartertown. Definitely gotta search them out though and I'm sure post-codex it's harder. 

One good thing about all these DE selling out is maybe GW will realize they are getting more popular and they'll get another release sometime in 8th edition. 

Archived