Your Ad Mech colour schemes

Mine are black with a tiny bit of red. I was painting Blood Angels at the same time when I started my AdMech so I wanted to mix it up. They look fairly similar to Stygies honestly but not exactly the same.

Mine use the 'metallica' white robes with red underparts with lots of gritty brown washed metal parts

and then have quite a lot of bright blue splashes which stand out nicely agasint the white/metallics (eg goggles, radium parts of carbines, swords etc) - these parts are done with lothern blue and the gulliman blue glaze

I mainly picked that when i started as ive never really liked the red mars scheme, and had never tried painting white before so was a nice 'challenge' to try.

These are the two test schemes I used for my army. I eventually went for the green Magos.

DSC 0006

DSC 0010

(Click on the images for larger view)

Edited by Flame Boy

For Skitarii, white with red trim, then more red gets added the higher your rank/status of the vehicle.

So, basic trooper and squad sergeant.

d8nt8ya.jpg

Onager:

goWh6PE.jpg

Kastellans belong to the Legio Cybernetica rather then the Skitarii and Makroteks, so gets their own colour scheme:

DhmYMlb.jpg

Bah, red is sooo last millennium. Where's the fun in being conventional?

Q3RGEOR.png

Have a look at my p'log A. Mechanicus... Darkly for more images of my growing AdMech army using this cold-centric blue scheme. Kidding aside, while there's nothing wrong with red there's nothing stopping you from doing something completely unique. Here I'm using blue, black, and silver, as the primary colours, with green as the main accent colour and a tiny bit of red and yellow here-and-there.

I have to agree. While the Adeptus Mechanicus is rooted in tradition like the rest of the Imperium, I do think the colour schemes for the 7th edition Forge Worlds were a little... unimaginative. Thankfully the new 8th edition codex has some more colourful variations.

I started my scheme before the modern revival of Mechanicus miniatures when the Knight came out (though i was already working on some conversions before that). For this example though is my rangers. My own forgeworld St Hoagland, allied to the Knight world of New Ares ruled by House Cydonia and sharing much of their colours is Khorne Red darkened with Leviathan Purple, dark grey (Dark Reaper washed heavily or black highlighted with Dark Reaper) and black and yellow industrial stripes (especially on vents and chain weapons) as well as cold metal and importantly gold banding are the main points of the scheme.

gallery_80324_13389_291004.jpg

I had a lot of pics in my signature thread till the great linked-image-pocalypse of Photobucket, though there's a few new ones in there.

The AdMech have some great official colour schemes, but also go great with other colours. Probably more so than other Imperial armies, such as Marines and Guard who have some themes that restrict them. Here's the only painted AdMech model in my army:

gallery_30308_10604_29038.jpg

So far I have managed to resist getting an army together, but I'll probably break and get a small allied force one day... :tongue.:

http://i.imgur.com/1GuDqKO.jpg

I like using a mix of colors. Some priests and cybernetica models are mostly metallic, but with red cloth and paints here and there, others have different colors to differentiate them, but with a unifying theme. I really love the idea of the Mechanicus working almost like reneissance era city state with a host of alliances, vassals, orders, organizations and institutions that are connected and have different motivations, variations on their creeds, cultures and so on - so I try in some small way to show that in my miniatures.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some pics of my Admech of Carcosa IV. Im trying to have them as dark as possible and with as much strogg influences as possiblel.

Rangers

gallery_22792_14258_1000770.jpg

Vanguard, Based on some old urban war miniatures and Ive tried to make them look as much as the guards in quake 2 as possible.

gallery_22792_14258_762803.jpg

Cawl and two homemade kastelans (I hate the original models). They are made from mantic striders with ogryn heads and Ive tried to make them look a bit like strogg tanks in quake 2.

gallery_22792_14258_530067.jpg

My Adeptus Mechanicus force comes from the Incaladion Forge World, and is inspired from the livery of the Legio Fureans Titan Legio. Except from the Techpriest. I love my techpriests in Martian red.

med_gallery_57066_11576_326030.jpg

med_gallery_57066_12903_94600.jpg med_gallery_57066_12903_182412.jpg