3,000 Points Events List - Coils of the Hydra

Balthamal

Ok one and all since I'm now in the position of having a substantial Alpha Legion force I'm saddling up for an event and would like some feedback on the following list:

HQ +

Armillus Dynat [200pts]: Artificer Armour

Saboteur [115pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, On Foot, Refractor Field, Volkite Charger
. Consul: Saboteur

+ Elites +

Quad Launcher Support Battery, Legion [210pts]: 3x Rapier, Legion, Shatter Shell

The Rewards of Treason [690pts]
. Sekhmet Terminator Cabal: Cataphractii Terminator Armour
. . Sekhmet Inceptor: Combi-Bolter, Force Axe
. . Sekhmet Terminator: Force Axe
. . . Combi-Weapon: Plasma gun
. . Sekhmet Terminator: Force Axe
. . . Combi-Weapon: Plasma gun
. . Sekhmet Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
. . Sekhmet Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
. . Sekhmet Terminator: Combi-Bolter, Force Axe
. . Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion [150pts]: 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Bolters, Nuncio-vox
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Flamer Plasma Gun [175pts]: Flamer, Plasma gun, 4x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad
. Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Plasma Gun

+ Fast Attack +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod [115pts]: Frag Assault Launchers

Seeker Squad, Legion [205pts]: 4x Seeker Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Nuncio-vox
. . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Plasma gun
. Additional Wargear
. Additional Wargear
. Additional Wargear

+ Heavy Support +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [420pts]: Dreadnought Drop Pod, Legion
. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Siege Claw, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank [270pts]: Armoured Ceramite
. Twin Arcus launcher: Neutron-flux Warheads, Skyspear Warheads

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [150pts]
. Vindicator Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Combi-Bolter, Laser Destroyer Array

Have at it

List wise... I don't play alphas but have some thoughts in general..

Firstly, if you are set on having the dread and (i assume) the seekers pod in, you should grab a 3rd pod so 2 come in turn 1. It looks like you are taking infiltrate as mutable (or the tacs would need rhinos) so why not just rhino them? Most enemy things you want to kill with them will be in metal boxes turn 1 so I don't think the alpha strike is needed.

Levi, if podding in, i'd go with the cyclonic melta instead of claw. Chance to pop some back field artillery that could mess up your vulnerable tac squads or any backfield anti-armour before it gets yours

Seckhmet, not really sure what they are bringing to the list that lernean couldn't do??

Plasma squad, need a rhino or the will just die

Anti-spartan... seems to be lacking?? Maybe some termies in the anvilus with c.fists or some grav rappiers? Lightning maybe? Infiltarte with grav rappier batteries is good to make sure they are on target turn 1. Also durable

Arcus, not seen one in the wild yet so not sure how they play but 270 pts on a sicaran chassis seems a lot when it will be targeted first. On paper, to me it seems, the either really need to be run in pairs to get the most out of them but that's just my opinion based on no real game data

I'd also probably question if you need seekers AND a plasma squad. Probs pick 1 and ditch the other (or use vets)

So yeah, food for thought!!

Edited by Fangbanger

Cheers for all that :)

It's London Heresy in May so expecting to see some real dirt so I'll try and provide some info on your points above:

3rd pod boils down to lack of cash to get either a second dreadclaw/deathstorm or my preference, a Kharybdis to ferry the Leviathan where it's needed

Likewise with the rhino question, lack of cash, and the fact that I dislike the models means it's footslogging ftw.

As for the Leviathan itself, Good call on the lance but it'll be instead of the drill - facing down Primarchs and mechanicum siege automata means I want to be able to scratch off extra wounds per attack

Sekhmet are there to provide a little psychic presence (which I shouldn't get too beat up with as I'm playing the traitors side so thankfully majority of WB/TS will be on side) but also the force weapons can ID Custodes which again I'm expecting to face down in decent numbers.

Plasma squad have one job: Deep strike turn one on point (or close by due to Dynat) and blow up whatever they can. Depending on the composition of the enemy army I have the flexibility to be able to either drop them in, the seekers if there's something juicy marked for death, or put either or the sekhmet in the pod and get them on target as needed

The Leviathan is the Spartan Hunter in chief but the LDA isn't shabby when it comes to them and the Arcus has the benefit of being able to move enough to get a decent position. Grav rapiers have never done anything for me in the few games I've used them - they've never lived past turn 2 and at best have scored a weapon destroyed (which was a heavy bolter as it turned out) plus quads have the anti horde capability.

The Arcus is in as the model is awesome and it has wide utility - very strong vs armour, can intercept/skyfire well and has a template that has instant death on mechanicum units so really is a great leveller. Bit pricey but the overall utility seems like a decent investment.

Seekers, I find them pretty good objective holders - not many people tend to go right at them with special ammo and marked for death gives them a nice buff against a unit of my choice

Overall, since I've no idea what I'll be facing (aside from Primarchs, naturally and Custodes) I'm trying to cover as many bases as I can. Also without the missions being published as yet, I've no idea on victory conditions and 5 scoring units seems like playing it safe

The last one I went to was also narrative and I lost every game because I took a fun list and getting blown off the board inside 3 turns is most certainly not fun haha.

I'm looking for more solid than spectacular. If I was desperate to win I'd be at Warhammer Fest the week before queuing at dawn to be able to get Alpharius lol