Plagueburst Crawlers, aka the Best Tank in the Game

Vilicate

While there is precedent, this is not at all the same thing.

With the conscript and comissar nerf, we had massive backlash demanding a nerf on all major platform for weeks, and while GW may not have seen them as overpowered, they are trying to give us the rules we want so they can keep selling us minis.

This is consistant in their behavior.

Since we dont see a big movement against the PBC, we can expect a well mesured change.

Also, the plague launcher is aggressivly pointed right now, but since it is only avaiyable to very few and very high-cost elite units it is a good balanced deal.

You can offset the cost of plague marine by taking their new signature weapons: plague launcher and flails. It also make sens for business, since these option only apear in the new kit. It was an overall very good move of the last chapter approved to reduce the cost of the PL, makes PM a better competitive proposition and no one would argue they are OP.

I'd be really surprised if they upped the points on the PBC, considering this last Chapter Approved reduced it's points by 10.  Even then, if it went up by 10 points, I don't feel like that would change that much tbh.  It's really not that hard to find an extra 50-60 (or in the 10 PHC army, 100) points to make it still work.

And limiting the interaction between CSM and Daemons is also probably not a good idea; it takes away pretty much any interesting synergy between Daemons and CSM.  It would be a sad day for those armies if it ultimately went away.

Like I said, I think his reasoning was BS. I don't think that's why he ran the list he did at all, he was getting a lot of flak from the other DG players and he came up with some whacky reason to run what he did. At the end of the day, it's his $$$ (there's a lot there), so if that's the list he wishes to run for tournaments then best of luck. Abandon all fluff, ye who enter.

This thread has me confused now with the direction it is going. All I am going to say now is that this unit certainly can have good synergy. If GW decides to take away the allied aura interactions for chaos, then they are probably going to have to take away allied aura interactions for Imperium as well? Or Craftworlds + Ynarri? Lets not be hypocitical now, it is not like chaos is winning any tourneys compared to Eldar and Blood Angels.

If PBC are OP, its not the unit but the daemon synergy that push it over line.

Expect daemon buff to no longer apply to unit with vehicle. Problem solved, if there is one.

I agree completely. I’m just worried they’re going to ‘fix’ PBCs like commissars and conscripts got ‘fixed’. That is to say, nerfing the unit in question to the detriment of its faction, as opposed to nerfing the way in which it is abused by other armies. There is precedent for GWdoing that.

This is kind of what I'm saying though.... Look at the first major we saw Guilliman at. Razorbacks aren't really that OP. But Guililman surrounded by 6 of them certainly felt that way with about 2-3 codexes released! Personally I would not have touched the points of Stormravens, Razorbacks or Guilliman -at that time-.

I also would not touch PBC, but this is GW. They knee jerked pretty hard at the first sight of Guilliman in a competitive environment. (I mean this literally almost rendered GK to be virtually non-competitive almost over night... GK really needed some of that stuff to stay the way it was. (GK inherently doesn't mix Guilliman with those units (diminishing their effectiveness), BUT they relied on them to play somewhat competitively).

The 'problem'... if there is one, is a very common one. PBC's and Deathguard are 'good'. Taking PBC's and Nurgle is 'great'.

So while 'fixing' PBC's for the Nurgle player, they may break them for Deathguard. I hope they don't touch any of it to be honest. It's just my personal playstyle to play largely deathguard and suffer the penalty for refusing to milk cross-codex playstyles. But I accept GW have written the game this way intentionally.

At the end of the day if too many people show success with this very list which is being mimicked more and more every week, it's probably gonna get a haircut GW style. Just my opinion. But until that happens... go have some fun with it.

This topic has inspired me to run my own nurgle daemon vehicle spam list. Which list would win most likely? Vilicates, or this list I am going to test next weekend:

Nurgle Daemon battalion

Nurgle DP WL with claw, horn artifact, and virulent blessing

Pox Bringer with fleshy abundance

Spoilpox Scrivener

3x units of Nurglings

29 plaguebearers (1 icon and musician)

DG outrider

Nurgle DP with wings, claws, and blades of putrescent

3x spitter drones

DG outrider

3x spitter drones

DG fly in at full throttle spitting all the way, all of the daemons deep strike in and buff/heal a DG DP. CHAAARGE! Note, I would save fighting the crawlers for last.

Edited by bozo69pd

This topic has inspired me to run my own nurgle daemon vehicle spam list. Which list would win most likely? Vilicates, or this list I am going to test next weekend:

Nurgle Daemon battalion

Nurgle DP WL with claw, horn artifact, and virulent blessing

Pox Bringer with fleshy abundance

Spoilpox Scrivener

3x units of Nurglings

29 plaguebearers (1 icon and musician)

DG outrider

3x spitter drones

DG outrider

3x spitter drones

DG fly in at full throttle spitting all the way, all of the daemons deep strike in and buff/heal a DG DP. CHAAARGE! Note, I would save fighting the crawlers for last.

The main part that makes the list so good is Epidemius.  If you're going to run this style of army, I'd highly recommend him.

Often times he just ends up being a rear objective holder in my list.

Edited by Vilicate