Forgeword nugle units

Wolf Lord Loki

Hi all.

Back to quiz you some more! I was recently given a few forgeword models to boost my nurgle forces

A nurgle pysker - who could be 'Necrotus- the arch ' from the Ia units of chaos index

And a Greater Blight Drone

Id like to know the merits of each especially by people who have used them

Use wise im considering having Necrotus advance behind a screen of pox walkers and building a separate outrider detachment for the Greater blight drone

(mostly considting of greater blight/ foetid bloat drone/ spawn and flying daemon prince.)

I suspect I wont get this detachment classed as deathguard due to the keyworlds on the FW blightdrone

Also if you use a plague hulk I may consider getting one of those in the future and wonder how well they fit in

I am curious about the greater blight drone as well as I have been contemplating a conversion out of an AoS maggoth beast. I love me my spitterdrones.

I hear the plague hulk shooting is terrible, but they may hurt something in melee, and explode fantastically (so you would want to use the DG explode stratagem).

I really want to try out the blight drone myself. But I'm not a huge fan of the classic model, so I'm waiting until I'm brave enough to covert a vultarax into one.

I’m tempted, but just not sure he’s worth nearly 50% on top of an normal codex drone

• 1 month later...

I am curious about the greater blight drone as well as I have been contemplating a conversion out of an AoS maggoth beast. I love me my spitterdrones.

I hear the plague hulk shooting is terrible, but they may hurt something in melee, and explode fantastically (so you would want to use the DG explode stratagem).

Right I've used the greater blight drone in 2 games now. First game I can't derive any meaningful data as his suffered from "new model syndrome" (and a bad case of 'death company')

Second game however I feel it was let down by my dice rolling, I mean seriously who rolls 4 dice and gets 3 at 1s/2s?

It was much faster than my foetid bloat drone 4" a turn in fact. Not counting the fact it can actually make a move before turn one.

Plus it regains one lost wound a turn which mean after my opponent shot it down to its secondary characteristics it actually recovered to full effect

I actually think it will be a useful addition to my death guard as it brings marine level accurate heavy firepower to where ever I need it

I just looked at the Greater Blight Drone rules now.

It seems ok, I don't know the cost.

Would definitely be best if run in a pair, and it has a cool 9" pre turn 1 move which is very useful.

I'm playing using power levels and they are 3 more than the bloat drone

Haven't found a way to use the 'scout' move effectively yet. Maybe deep strike something like terminators and move it up as fire support?

Any suggestions?

You move it up the board to protect from a DS, grab an objective, or just get more distance to blitz a target. Probably most useful if you are going second.

Haven't found a way to use the 'scout' move effectively yet. Maybe deep strike something like terminators and move it up as fire support?

Any suggestions?

You move it up the board to protect from a DS, grab an objective, or just get more distance to blitz a target. Probably most useful if you are going second.

I guess like all things 8th edition very dependant on enough LoS blocking terrain on the board to stop it getting shot off before it has chance to do anything when not going first?

Any suggestions?

I guess like all things 8th edition very dependant on enough LoS blocking terrain on the board to stop it getting shot off before it has chance to do anything when not going first?

Yeah or run multiples knowing that at least some of them are going to die.

Run two and advance them forward 9 inches to create a 36" bubble between your drones and your nurglings. Then leave them in their position to space out enemy deepstrike through the rest of the game. The current issue with the Drone is its price. I would be happy with a 22 point drop. Other than that it appears to be fine.

Archived