I find these guys really disturbing (not a bad thing). I can't 100% put my finger on why, maybe the colour scheme. Like a bloodied shark.

Great models! You really go for it with the conversions which is fantastic to see. Love your Russ. Really like the skulls on his chest. Look forward to seeing more of him.

I really tried to capture the Grimdarkness of this universe here. For me the Carcharodons are on the edge of loyalty, I mean, loyal, but with questionnable methods, and that's why i use a lot of chaotic bits ot create them. I want to picture them blunt and brutal, lacking of equipment, battled, bloodied.

You can just hear the skulls on that cloak clanking as that Carcharodon comes for yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWabGQBnzKo

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings brothers,

That fella is just loaded with detail converted together! Loving every detail, especially the bionics. The leg in particular with the mk3 plate is just fantastic!

Thanks, i had that old metal Iron father for a decade, after some mixing up with more recent references, it turned into this :)

Really great variety of bits used there, he looks excellent.

Thanks, i hope you'll like the next one, a carcharodon deathwatch marines :

1526956578-warhammer-156.jpg

1526956578-warhammer-158.jpg

1526956578-warhammer-159.jpg

1526956578-warhammer-162.jpg

1526956578-warhammer-163.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

That old iron father was the first clam pack I picked up off a shelf and looked at after seeing a 40k display. That name always stuck with me and I thought the detail he had was awesome compared to the basic marines and green ork things I saw painted in a battlefield diorama.

The Deathwatch marine is awesome. The mix of armor really shows off something baroque and necessary to survive while they served out in the deep void.

The shark fin is a good touch. Is it a mere decoration, a trophy taken in battle (maybe cut off a Tyranid combat form), or does it incorporate a vox antenna or serve a useful function?

It's a decoration, all my non helmeted marines have one (the helmeted one have the fin on top of it). 

I've never liked back banners, and i think it screams shark more than just a marquing on a pauldron.

But i'll keep the idea of a relay antenna fin for a techmarine for example. Thanks :)

That old iron father was the first clam pack I picked up off a shelf and looked at after seeing a 40k display. That name always stuck with me and I thought the detail he had was awesome compared to the basic marines and green ork things I saw painted in a battlefield diorama.

The Deathwatch marine is awesome. The mix of armor really shows off something baroque and necessary to survive while they served out in the deep void.

Voilà, exactly. I had no Iron hand army, but i knew, he was gonna be perfect somewhere one day ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Great work as usual Drunes, is the Carcharodon Deathwatch member wielding a blade converted from the Lizardmen range?

The fallen knight is very atmospheric with the brazier smoke scattering in the wind, I especially like the simplicity of his breastplate, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of making every surface overly detailed.

The fallen is looking good! Lovin' the mix of armor, especially the chaos pad giving the warrior a nice, old fashioned knightly touch to top off the rest of the look. The front armor plate you sculpted is also a nice change up in armor for marines.

Is he a traitor to the Lion, as the descriptor "fallen" implies? Or is he loyal to the Imperium?

Who knows ? :) 

Great work as usual Drunes, is the Carcharodon Deathwatch member wielding a blade converted from the Lizardmen range?

The fallen knight is very atmospheric with the brazier smoke scattering in the wind, I especially like the simplicity of his breastplate, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of making every surface overly detailed.

Yup, the blade is from the lizardmen !

Completely agree with the breastplate, i've been doing a lot of custodes, so, no details to change !

The fallen is looking good! Lovin' the mix of armor, especially the chaos pad giving the warrior a nice, old fashioned knightly touch to top off the rest of the look. The front armor plate you sculpted is also a nice change up in armor for marines.

Thanks, i really tried to infuse him with a knightly feeling

You did great in that regards. The one thing that keeps ping ponging in my mind is the use of a cloak. Being a Dark Angel and being knightly I want to see a cloak but I’m happy seeing home without it as well. Keeps it from being a cliche.

• 8 months later...

You did great in that regards. The one thing that keeps ping ponging in my mind is the use of a cloak. Being a Dark Angel and being knightly I want to see a cloak but I’m happy seeing home without it as well. Keeps it from being a cliche.

I'm not dead ! i just forgot to visit here, it's been a while :)

I've been tempted to add one at a point, but i wanted to find another way of making him look like a dark angel, so the knightly effect was enough for me :)

Thanks for the constructive comment !

Archived