brettfp

So I started painting some of my cult

The Black Priestess

LU9bkyW.jpg

Wyrm

CC9Ck84.jpg

Ghoul

QdkAqOo.jpg

I'm happy with them, I want them all to be very light, but The Black Priestess stands out as being dark and the disciples will be both :smile.:

In my ongoing attempt to have one of every hangers-on, I made a Slopper using an old empire model
O3KXtg2.jpg
I'm really liking this model, I'm calling him 'All-Right Ripley" for obvious reasons. I like him so much that I've thought of some backstory and since I've been making terrain decided to make him a kebab-van style diner clear.png

zIiBA74.jpg
This is the back, it doesn't look as good from the front right now
sco2KMJ.jpg

I went for a real ramshackle look like he'd built it himself
I'm thinking it'll have a menu but I'm struggling for what to write, I want to have 'Scummer Slop' and some kind of "meat" dish...any other ideas?
also, I know I've seen it before but can''t remember, does anyone have suggestions for 40k versions of cigarettes and moonshine?

Thoughts?

The Black Priestess looks promising. I especially like her custom-made shotgun.

As for the witch, how about Bathory, after the woman whose legendary cruelty inspired Sheridan Le Fanu to write Carmilla?

Thanks. I made it while staying up late to watch the Warhammer Live about Gang War 3

My old housemate had a pet rat named Bathory :smile.:

I'm thinking it'll have a menu but I'm struggling for what to write, I want to have 'Scummer Slop' and some kind of "meat" dish...any other ideas?

also, I know I've seen it before but can''t remember, does anyone have suggestions for 40k versions of cigarettes and moonshine?

Iirc, a very common meat in the Imperium of man is Grox and Ambull meat.

As for the cigarettes and moonshine: Perhaps lho-sticks, wild snake or second best?

All-Right Ripley

On his first deployment with the Astra Militarum, Ripley had an 'incident' with a frag grenade. The result was the loss of his left leg, his left eye, and also rendered his left arm entirely useless, earning him the nickname 'All-Right'. Being a lowly private (and not a very good one) he wasn't deemed important enough for bionics and was given a medical discharge. 

Ripley returned to his home of Necromunda and his first love, cooking. He opened 'Ripley's Dinery' and has been a local favourite ever since. The food isn't great, but it is, rather aptly, alright.

cySDPuM.jpg

Really happy with him, He was really fun to make and I kinda wanna make a whole warband based around his crappy diner now :S

Thoughts?

Iirc, a very common meat in the Imperium of man is Grox and Ambull meat.

As for the cigarettes and moonshine: Perhaps lho-sticks, wild snake or second best?

Yes thank you, Lho-sticks was exactly what I was thinking i just couldn't remember it. Hadn't heard of the others but yeah, that could work :)

They're a bit too colourful for an Orlock gang in my opinion, but they look awesome still! Specially like the conversion work you've done on them, nothing huge but enough to give them tons of extra personality... And the chaos gang is simply looking amazing, your gritty style looks spot on with them ;)!! It's this kind of projects that make me want to start a Necromunda gang so badly!

For the witch, may I suggest the name "Mircalla," i.e., Carmilla's original name? (She can claim a noble title in that case, e.g., "Countess Karnstein".) "Izanagi," after the Japanese goddess of death? "Kali," after the Hindu goddess of destruction? "Ophidia," after the Greek word for "snake"?

Quick Update.

Finished painting the Rogue Doc

37AMQyX.jpg

I've been experimenting with some darker skin tones.

I also started on a piece of scatter terrain, The Lifter-Servitor

KgFZYpb.jpg

Thoughts?

They're a bit too colourful for an Orlock gang in my opinion, but they look awesome still! Specially like the conversion work you've done on them, nothing huge but enough to give them tons of extra personality... And the chaos gang is simply looking amazing, your gritty style looks spot on with them :wink:!! It's this kind of projects that make me want to start a Necromunda gang so badly!

Thanks!

About the colouring, they're technically not actually Orlocks, I picture them more as outlanders maybe. They just use the orlock models and rules, but backstory wise they are definitely not the mining type :)  

Another Quick Update

The Abyssal Monk

vA1hscd.jpg

The Dark Chorus

roQJl2l.jpg

Retch

it3Liyl.jpg

Omen

MA7Vf6b.jpg

Thoughts?

The lifter-servitor looks promising. Is he bolted in the place where he serves? Or is he mobile, i.e., you'll add caterpillar tracks, Onager-style mechanical legs, or Land Speeder-style repulsor lifts to the model?

Thanks, He's going to have caterpillar track, I'm basing him on sorta modern day diggers :) 

Finished painting all the members of 'The Shadowed Hand'

Fiend

3cuHbsn.jpg

Scratch

ci2HgwE.jpg

Shriek (The Witch)

bAj7Tjh.jpg

I'm realising now that I should have taken a group photo, might do that tomorrow :)

I also finished my ammo-jack

lOcEohK.jpg

Thoughts?

Archived