Prot's Custodes Thread: Page 4 Cap on Bike + Venatari

Prot

I'd like the airbrush version too. Also those blades are absolutely beautiful.

For the power weapons, all I did was start on black blades ( I normally start on white like with my Grey Knights for example).

The recipe is simply watered down Baharoth blue. I just keep adding white to taste. I think if you look upwards 8n this thread I left a post with a link to my power weapon tutorial with or with out airbrushes. Please reference that link for technique as it all applies to how I did these blades.

Thanks BlackOrange.... see above for the recipe, and for general reference, here is a tutorial I made on the procedure I still use to this day pretty much:

Prot's Tutorial for doing Power Weapons with or without Airbrush.

Edited by Prot

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words guys...

I finally finished my Allarus Terminators. What an amazing box set. I love the sculpts.

gallery_2760_14273_55367.jpg

gallery_2760_14273_60313.jpg

With this group of figs I decided to go fairly heavy into airbrushing the golds. You can have a lot of success not airbrushing, but some people wanted to know my techinque on the golds, so I did a very thorough Tutorial on my blog here:

Prot's easy to follow Allarus / Gold Armour painting tutorial!

Edited by Prot

• 2 months later...

Putting this here to catalog the madness starting over again...

I restarted the army! I've magnetized bikes, and after about 4-6 weeks of spare time, I finished a newer (I think more detailed) Trajann Valoris.

As usual more stuff on my blog on him and tutorials, but here's the man himself:

gallery_2760_14273_68257.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You work is always a pleasure to see Prot, the gold you do is worthy of the Custodes :tu: I like the reds in particular the boot colour both very nice and suiting the gold really well but a special mention is mandatory for those spear tips! :)

Thank you for the kind words guys.

The models have definitely evolved. The golds have more purples than ever.... the leather is closer to a burgundy and pink with brown washes. I love the Vallejo reds so that’s what I’m using on these guys.

• 1 year later...
Thank you. I often consider selling my Custodes army as I rarely play it, but this is literally the third time around for me and I don’t have the heart to sell them yet again! Plus there’s something about them that just really appeal to my sense of hobby.

Thanks guys. 

Don't you end up regretting every sale? A sign from the Emperor not to surely :wink:

Not -every- sale, but yea every once in a while for sure. I think part of it is the fatigue with repainting. For example this is my third large Ultramarines army. That's a lot of models. A lot of blue. I know I'd get very good money for them right now if I off loaded what I have done. Which is a fair amount of stuff.

This is the third time for Custodes, I just don't get to play them! I have too much going on right now for armies. 

Amazing as always!

Curiously, how many points worth of Custodes do you have painted in your current army?

Thank you. It's hard to say because some items I paint in stages. Some of my metallic stages take a long time so I'll do 3 different models at once to get past that point, but they might be nearly finished. (if that makes any sense!)

So right now I have:

Trajann Completed

Telemon x2 (but extra arms are unpainted)

Cutodians x 10 I believe. They are all completed except I have to transfer them to their final bases (I do bases in batches).

Magnifica dude with spear completed.

Contemptor with melta/Kheres assault dread. Completed

That's the meat of the army. But the bikes take a super long time for me, between metallics and magnetizing. So they are sitting currently at:

-  Shield Capt on Dawneagle. I've done a slight ammendment to the colours to keep him unique. He's about 90% done.

- 3 x Vertus Praetors (bikes) 90% done. Just need to do some leather on the riders. Magnets are done, etc.

I also have a few Allarus, not even close to finished, and a few of the elite dudes with the axes (forgot the name) Also not close.

A friend sent out my Caladius Tank from the UK but I have only primered it. I also don't know how that thing is supposed to sit on its base. :)

The Telemons look fantastic! Nice work! I will get one eventually :yes: Don't sell this army, if you don't regret it I will for you :biggrin.: You don't have to play armies all the time, I benched my Sisters for a couple of years infact while I focused on other armies. One army can't hold your attention all the time.