Prot's Custodes Thread: Page 4 Cap on Bike + Venatari

Prot

Hey guys,

Well the long haul is over. I finally finished 14 or so troops for my third, and last Custodes army.
I do love painting them, but the exact models over and over... .wow I don't know how commission painters do it.

As I got halfway through doing this army (for a third time) I decided to sell it, but then realized how much I enjoy the lore/background and theme of the army.

med_gallery_2760_14273_803244.jpg

med_gallery_2760_14273_725476.jpg

I also took this opportunity to touch up Valoris a bit and make him stand out a bit more.

med_gallery_2760_14273_240582.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Still have the forgeworld Caladius but don't know if I will paint it since the nerfing. I tried the Telemon and it feels about 75 points over costed.

What is the best way to magnetize the base?  Mine keep breaking, or the glue won't hold.  Advice?

Green stuff. I used a combo of green stuff and super glue and drilled the magnets into the bottom of the bike, and top of the base stem. As well I did the arms for easy transport. 

It should look like this: https://prot40k.blog/2018/07/07/custodes-project-redux-vertus-praetor-bikes-2-0-magnetized/

• 5 months later...

Okay so here's an update picture.

med_gallery_2760_14273_304364.jpg

Maybe a bit bigger, clearer pic:

gallery_2760_14273_955877.jpg

So this is the last time I paint a Custodes army up as I find the repetitive work is a killer. (this is why I cannot paint a 4th Ultramarines army).

I managed to get my hands on the Valarian Black Library box set, and I am working on that model now.

At the same time I'm doing a new set of Allarus for myself, even though people keep telling me the Forgeworld ones are more competitive. I have 4 on my work table right now.

Hope to have some updates soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea... what a blast to be on the receiving end of that one. :)

Glad you liked it, I really never used an Allarus Shield Captain very often in 8th. I can see using him a lot more.

When I sold my last Custodes army I had a 3 man squad of Allarus and even in the last year rebuilding the army, I never thought I'd really get into them again, as I always felt the need for points in the Rusty 17 or something similar. Now that  won't be a problem, and the new Strats just make the Allarus that much more effective.

The 'no re rolls' strat I believe is just for the Terminators, so.... that's incredibly powerful. No to hit, no to wound... nothing. NO rerolls. With a Magnifca banner around not only are you sure to get them in, they (hopefully) last longer!

I'm painting 4 of them up now. But one has a Spear (for cost efficiency) so I may get more.

• 6 months later...