=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels Troops Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

gallery_62972_10568_56641.jpg

gallery_62972_10568_624.jpg Troops Stratagem

Welcome to the Blood Angels Troops stratagem! You have one week to vow, build, and complete more points that the Blood Angels/Black Templars.

A vow is made by posting in this thread with a starting photo and using the following template:

I [insert name here] rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build [insert units here] for a combined total of [insert PL here] on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the [blood Angels/Black Templars Faction], whilst failure is not an option...

To complete a vow, state it as being complete and post a photo showing the completed build and undercoat applied.

For the full set of rules, please check your Faction's event thread.

Blood Angels - Current points total

• 149 points
  • 138 base + 11 bonus

Blood Angels - Roll of Honour

The following list details all the participants and the points acquired:

• Blindhamster - Intercessors x2 - 10 PL
  • Bluejay Junior - Scouts, Tactical x2 - 22 PL - 22 points awarded
  • Dont-Be-Haten - Scouts - 4 PL - 4 points awarded*
  • Dont-Be-Haten - Tactical - 9 PL - 9 points awarded
  • Ekfud - Scours x2 - 8 PL - 8 points awarded
  • Jolemai - Scouts - 4 PL - 4 points awarded
  • Majkhel - Intercessors x2 - 10 PL - 10 points awarded*
  • Mcrat - Intercessors - 5 PL - 5 points awarded*
  • Paladin777 - Intercessors x2 - 10 PL - 10 points awarded
  • RelentlessPursuit - Intercessors - 5 PL
  • Spagunk - Scouts, Tactical x2 - 22 PL - 22 points awarded
  • Spyros - Intercessors - 5 PL - 5 points awarded*
  • The Unseen - Intercessors x3 - 15 PL - 15 points awarded*
  • Thoridon - Intercessors x2 - 10 PL - 10 points awarded
  • toaae - Intercessors x4, Scouts - 24 PL
  • Xenith - Scouts, Tacticals - 9 PL - 9 points awarded*
  • Zebulon - Tactical - 5 PL - 5 points awarded*

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Scout Squad for a combined total of 4 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_109325.jpg

Just wanted to add that these will be getting another go with the stripper.

I BluejayJunior, rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zea and vow to build two tactical squads and one scout squad for a combined total of 22 Power Level on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Pre scouts

Pre Tac 1

Pre Tac 2

I,toaae, rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one unit of scouts and four units of Intercessors for a combined total of Twenty-Four on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Scouts

Intercessors

I Ekfud rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2x 5-man sniper scout squads for a combined total of 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Scout sprues

Might not be for asking here, but since scouts are likely to feature heavily... 

Has anyone done greenstuff cloaks for scouts before?

Looking to add some to the missile launcher dudes so the whole squad is kitted out but have really only done small fill or replacement parts in the past. 

Looking to add some to the missile launcher dudes so the whole squad is kitted out but have really only done small fill or replacement parts in the past. 

I have a super, super easy method. I basically made a press mould of the rolled up cloak part from the sniper scout box. I then made as many as I liked from GS and you can stick them to the back of scouts as normal.

Put a ball of GS between two layers of baking paper and roll it flat. Cut it in shape, remove one of the baking papers and put it on right place. After 15-30min it should be hardened enough to keep shape so you can shape the folds with your fingers or tools. The baking paper keeps the surface smooth without extra effort, and helps the GS to retain the shape. Just peel the baking paper off after it is properly hardened. Much easier than trying to sculpt the cape with tools when there is no support behind

I Paladin777 rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 units of 5 intercessors for a combined total of 10 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_95687_14231_346311.jpg

I Mcrat rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 unit of 5 Intercessors for a combined total of 5 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

IjsyUYq.jpg

I BluejayJunior, rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zea and vow to build two tactical squads and one scout squad for a combined total of 22 Power Level on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

All logged and ready to go :tu: Just remember you've got a week to get all that lot built and undercoated...

I,toaae, rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one unit of scouts and four units of Intercessors for a combined total of Twenty-Four on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Another large vow, all the best with completing the build and undercoat! :)

I Ekfud rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2x 5-man sniper scout squads for a combined total of 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Nice little vow to get things going. No stress and you can pace yourself :) I haven't actually seen that box in the flesh, are there many extra parts?

I Paladin777 rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 units of 5 intercessors for a combined total of 10 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

That looks really complex from all those bits. All the best, it seems like a lot :tu: Remember to find time to undercoat!

I Mcrat rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 unit of 5 Intercessors for a combined total of 5 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

IjsyUYq.jpg

Really can't believe there that many sprues for a five man squad :huh.: Can you tell I've not got any? :teehee: 

All the best :)

Ugh! Such amazing pledges. I'll have to find something to do.

If you manage to find something then great, you'll be more than welcome to join in :) Just don't push yourself too hard though. I've (potentially) got 45 PL's worth of Tactical Marines in my back log but I really can't bring myself to put them together right now (hence the Scouts). I actually found the last section really hard to do - running the event; participating in the event; getting other stuff ready for the end of March (Apocalypse game); real life, so I'm going to do take it a bit easier if I can.

Updated to here

Good start so far folks, the sooner we get those vows in the better and less stress we have!

I should also point out that to bag the conversion points for a vow, every model in that Datasheet would need to be converted. For example, in my vow I'm converting Naaman to be less DA and to have a bolter. As I'm not touching the others I wont get any bonus points. If I had (such as head swaps* on every model) then I would get the 25 % bonus. Feel free to PM me or check the FAQs in the event thread linked above.

* head swaps on Scouts are reserved for the current plastic set. They are so bad that Chaos Lords wont put them on their spike racks as they get laughed at by their peers.

That looks really complex from all those bits. All the best, it seems like a lot :thumbsup: Remember to find time to undercoat!

10-man Intercessor box contains 4 sprues. Plus 2 Primaris upgrade sprues if I recognize correctly. 

It looks like the Dark Imperium set which has other unit parts on the same sprues (Inceptors I think).

Yep. And the Gravis Captain too. Inceptors will be built later in the challenge, so you'll see these (emptier) sprues again soon.

That looks really complex from all those bits. All the best, it seems like a lot :tu: Remember to find time to undercoat!
It looks complex, but it’s just one intercessors box and two power swords. Nuthin’ fancy!

I have a super, super easy method. I basically made a press mould of the rolled up cloak part from the sniper scout box. I then made as many as I liked from GS and you can stick them to the back of scouts as normal.

Lol - I just read that properly after making a start... I missed the 'rolled up' part and tried to do a press mold of a whole other sniper. 

It's not great but not dreadful - has some rough edges I can cut off when cured, and since it's all going to be mottled black/grey/blues the bubbles shouldn't be too obvious. 

Scout green stuff

I Majkhel rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 units of 5 intercessors for a combined total of 10 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_125188.jpg

The big pile is all the parts from the Intercessors 10-man sprues. The small one contains pauldrons, helmets, chainswords, knives and blood symbols from the DC, BA Primaris upgrade and some other sprues I do not recollect :tongue.:

(Finally managed "the spoiler" :biggrin.: )

Edit: DO NOT DO WHAT I DID! leave the parts in the sprue.
I'v enever imagined in my life that there is ONLY ONE set of legs and greaves for each torso. 5 sets total. In terms of pose creation, this is kit is less customizeable than the scouts or orc boys sprue... :down: And it takes like twice as much time to assemble.

Archived