Thoughts on Culln the Risen as HQ for IH

RandomMarine

What is everyone's thoughts on Culln as a hq double fnp within 6 and much dakka and d6 mortal wounds in CC once per game.possibly backed up by a chapter master for all the re-rolls .

To me he seems very fitting for IH . Massive dreadnought with much dakka and tough as old boots. Only downside is that he doesn't have a re-roll aura and is targetable.the targeting isn't much of a issue as my current list runs 2x replusors and 1 redemptor so my opponent will have to pick targets.

This is the list

5 intercessors and hellblasters in each replusor on each flank, Culln and the rest in the middle acting as a fire base

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines)

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Iron Hands

Gametype

+ HQ +

Carab Culln the Risen

Primaris Captain Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Primaris Ancient

Redemptor Dreadnought 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad Plasma incinerator

. 4x Hellblaster

. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Hellblaster Squad Plasma incinerator

. 4x Hellblaster

. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor : 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Storm Bolters, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Las-talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon

Repulsor 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin lascannon

The issue right off the bat is he has the Red Scorpions keyword, so if you were to take him as an HQ choice for your detachment, you'd lose our Chapter Tactic.

Also, his aura only affects Red Scorpions units.

With red scorpions u choose your chapter tactics and seeing as we dont have any characters all I loose is the IH specific strategies and relic which aren't great anyway.

Why don't you write your own Iron Hands-centric Codex Supplement, with your own Special Characters and Relics? I did, Bannus did, and I'm sure there are others.

With red scorpions u choose your chapter tactics and seeing as we dont have any characters all I loose is the IH specific strategies and relic which aren't great anyway.

Why don't you write your own Iron Hands-centric Codex Supplement, with your own Special Characters and Relics? I did, Bannus did, and I'm sure there are others.

Is currently in progress and is fine for beer hammer but if I want a game at the gw store (only way to garantee I get regular games in as nearest club is miles away)I need it to be legal and who doesn't like big stompy dreads with solid rules at a reasonable points cost.

He's been dispatched now so when I've suitably modified him littered his base with the corpses of the weak I'll lost some pics.

Just re checked the codex it's only chapter specific relics you can't use so still have access to the strategm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What is everyone's thoughts on Culln as a hq double fnp within 6 and much dakka and d6 mortal wounds in CC once per game.possibly backed up by a chapter master for all the re-rolls .

The whole "double FnP" thing doesn't work. You choose one of them (6+ both times) and that's it, there is no second FnP.

Rulebook FAQ:

Page 181 – Ignoring Wounds

Add the following as a boxout on this page:

‘Ignoring Wounds

Some units have abilities that allow them to ignore the damage suffered each time it loses a wound (e.g. Disgustingly Resilient, The Flesh is Weak and Tenacious Survivor). If a model has more than one  such ability, you can only use one of those abilities each time the model loses a wound.’

The whole "double FnP" thing doesn't work. You choose one of them (6+ both times) and that's it, there is no second FnP.

Rulebook FAQ:

Page 181 – Ignoring Wounds

Add the following as a boxout on this page:

‘Ignoring Wounds

Some units have abilities that allow them to ignore the damage suffered each time it loses a wound (e.g. Disgustingly Resilient, The Flesh is Weak and Tenacious Survivor). If a model has more than one such ability, you can only use one of those abilities each time the model loses a wound.’

When I posted that you could still stack fnp the faq hadn't come out yet

• 2 weeks later...
When I posted that you could still stack fnp the faq hadn't come out yet

True, my fault. Coming from the RG forum, I never considered that first page topics could be from more than a week ago. A shame, back in the day IH were more active, but the rules didn't suck as much as they do now (compared to the top chapters), but the amount of named characters at least stayed the same...zero... :dry.:

Archived