Kill Team Inquiry

Aothaine

I know Deathwatch doesn't have their codex yet but I'm working on coming up with a cool themed list for the 2019 LVO Friendly tournament.

I was wondering what you guys thought about the kill team as it is in the index. I really like that a unit can gain a bunch of special abilities. I was thinking about running something similar to this:

Patrol Detatchment

Inquisitor

Kill Team

Vet x5

Terminator SS+TH

Biker 

VV

I was thinking about foot slogging them up the field of battle. I'd like to drop pod them in but in order to do that I have to remove all of their special units. Maybe I'll get lucky and the codex will allow them to deep strike again. That would be really cool!

My main force is going to be Primaris Salamanders and a small detachment of Astra Militarum. I'm thinking an infantry division. The idea is that they are helping hold out against a xenos foe while the civilians evacuate. While this is happening the Deathwatch arrive with an Inquisitor to help with the threat.

So I'm thinking just one Kill Team is sent in to cut out the head of the enemy. So I want to gear up this Kill Team to take out the enemy HQ. How would you gear them out for this role? Pretty sure I want to use a heavy flamer on the terminator from Kill Team Cassius as it would be pretty cool to tie that model in with the newer Salamander Primaris.

Edited by Aothaine

Ya you're kinda limited in a deep striking capacity if it's going to be an allied detachment. Drop pods are still viable if you take out the non-veterans, or you're stuck with using a blackstar. Even if you had make it a DW detachment, you wouldn't be able to use the relic unless your warlord was DW. The relic could've been a free deep strike when paired with a jump pack or termie HQ choice.

I love the kill teams as they are. I do wish the bikers had a more usable rule within the kill team though. Point wise I wish the termies didn't cost as much but taking them within a kill team is much more efficient :)

Ya you're kinda limited in a deep striking capacity if it's going to be an allied detachment. Drop pods are still viable if you take out the non-veterans, or you're stuck with using a blackstar. Even if you had make it a DW detachment, you wouldn't be able to use the relic unless your warlord was DW. The relic could've been a free deep strike when paired with a jump pack or termie HQ choice.

I love the kill teams as they are. I do wish the bikers had a more usable rule within the kill team though. Point wise I wish the termies didn't cost as much but taking them within a kill team is much more efficient :smile.:

Ohhh that is a good idea. Might be able to do that instead of using an inquisitor but I kind of want to use this new Inquisitor model I just got. Hmm.. Going to have think about this some more and perhaps waiting for the Inquisition and Death Watch dexes will be a better idea before I start filling this out this part of the list.

Possibly. But I can just add the Inquisitor as an HQ option onto the IG or something. The Inquisitor could have just called in the Deathwatch and then the captain and his kill team appear. Perhaps. I have plenty of time to decide. But there will be an inquisitor for sure.