Cheers for the feedback, guys! :)

Regarding the Carcharodon, after a bit of hemming and hawing, I think I've come up with a setup that works, after taking everyone's feedback onboard:

deathwatch-carcharodon-wip-6.jpg

deathwatch-carcharodon-wip-7.jpg

I really liked the idea of adding the jaw to the right pauldron, but that just looked so unbalanced. A trophy pole/iron halo-like setup, on the other hand, seemed a bit too tribal for a member of the Deathwatch (seeing how I've gone with a pretty sleek SciFi look for the rest of the killteam so far). So back onto the collar it was ;)

I think it works well enough in that the model still looks clean enough to read as a member of the Deathwatch, yet the jaw also adds a certain barbaric je ne sais quoi ;)

If I have one small regret, is that the shaved down jaw looks less like a shark jaw now, and more like a generic monster jaw. But oh well, you win some, you lose some ;)

As for the feral worlder, I agree that he might need some small Imperial trinket -- an aquila would be ideal, although I don't have any such part, I am afraid. And an Inquisitorial symbol just seems too much -- if anything, I rather like the fact that his allegiance seems slightly dubious. It's one of the best parts of the stock model, if you ask me. If I could just find some kind of small icon or symbol to add to some part of his armour. Hmmm...

Wthe collar looks exactly right! If anything, I think you could paint it slightly whiter than usual to make it look more pescitarian than mamalian bone. I’m looking forward to seeing him painted and amongst his brethren!

About the aquila for the feral guy, you do have them. They're on the sides of imperial bolters. I suggest cutting the bolter from it, instead of the other way around - it’s so flimsy you’ll likely damage it if you try and cut it from the bolter. :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Just a random idea, what about cutting the inside collar to look as though it were a second row of teeth, that might reinforce the shark theme. Are those lightning claw power cords in his legs? If so I think you just have me my solution of what to do with all the ones I have laying around.

Have any raptor imperialis bits from custodes? That could be a good fit for the techno barbarian.

As always you continue to inspire.

Cheers, guys! Excellent points all around! :)

@ Auggs: Good point about the brighter bone (or should that be cartilage) on the jaw! As for the aquila, DUH! That is such a brilliant idea -- and so obvious in hindsight ;) I had to give it a go right away:

feral-worlder-wip-3.jpg

feral-worlder-wip-4.jpg

Now the sword was really the only area with enough space to put the aquila ;) Plus it looks a little weird right now, in electric blue, because it was shaved off a Primaris bolter. But I am confident it should work out well enough once painted.

@ TURBULENCE: A Raptor icon would have worked beautifully! I'm afraid I used up the last one I had on Inquisitrix Elianu's Crusader, though.

While I was at it, I added two very small nubs to the Feral Worlder's head, to either hint at some kind of subtle augmentation or at some kind of tribal decoration hammered into the skull:

feral-worlder-wip-5.jpg

I also couldn't help myself and added some very subtle decoration to the Carcharodon as well, intended as a small shout out to the look of Malchy's Space Sharks ;)

deathwatch-carcharodon-wip-8.jpg

deathwatch-carcharodon-wip-10.jpg

deathwatch-carcharodon-wip-9.jpg

deathwatch-carcharodon-wip-11.jpg

Now any further decoration and ornamentation will be left to the painting stage ;)

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Yes! About the Space Shark! (Btw the jaw is the only real bone in a sharks body - the rest is all cartilage) ;)

I think your techno barbarian might be the coolest and most 40k miniatures I have ever seen. Certainly top five. Your best work to date. So yeah, I am impressed. WOW! Congratulations dude. Absolutely stunning work.

My only question with the techno barbarian...does he have a gun somewhere that I'm missing? I see he has a bandolier full of shells but I'm not seeing a firearm of any variety.

Maybe he serves a role similar to the traitor apes in War(?) for the Planet of the Apes, a primitive ammo carrier that can also fight.

I may be wrong but I think I spy a pistol holster hidden away at his side.

Though maybe adding a holstered Ork shotgun or something similar to his back(like the barbarian of Blanche's artwork) may go a long way. Even without that addition it's a suburb model I'm actually quite jealous of.

First off, God do I love that techno barbarian! He even has a gas mask! In regards to a gun I think it would be cool if he had those single shot shotgun tubes like in Mad Max Fury Road (One is seen in the beginning of the movie and in the game it is a weapon you use for quite some time). Definitely no needed though as that warrior looks rad!

Second, I am loving that space shark! The use of the jaw around the gorget looks brutal and badass.

Cheers for the feedback and kind words, everyone! :)

Yes! About the Space Shark! (Btw the jaw is the only real bone in a sharks body - the rest is all cartilage) :wink:

I think your techno barbarian might be the coolest and most 40k miniatures I have ever seen. Certainly top five. Your best work to date. So yeah, I am impressed. WOW! Congratulations dude. Absolutely stunning work.

I am actually slightly torn over how to feel about this comment, buddy: On the one hand, it's awesome that you like the model so much, but on the other hand, I really only replaced one or two bitz and added another three or so. Most of it is still the stock model, really, and that is indeed pretty awesome. But my "best work to date"? I don't know about that... ;)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Hmm, I didn't really think about it in depth, but the jaw seemed like a suitable trophy for a member of the Deathguard and also hints at the slightly tribal angle of the Carcharodons, so there.

@ Cardinal Virtue, Cryptix and TURBULENCE: TURBULENCE is right, there's a handgun holster at his left hip. The original plan was indeed to give him on of those huge ork pistols on his back, but the model is already so freaking busy that I am leaving that off for now -- I actually think he might be better off without it, even though it would probably fit his look.

@ Kierdale & hushrong: Cheers, guys! :)

Hey Kraut !! What a good surprise to see a beautifull true-scale Sharks made by you as I get back on the tracks ! As I scroll down your tread I wasn't really fond of the first placement of the Jaw/bones but you did right to move it where it is now ;) Great job ! I'm also fond of the magos dominus and the convertion of the Aos stormcast. The last is simple and effective ! Thumbs up dude ! 

Malchy

Cool figures. I mean seriously, they’re really cool.

I figured I’d throw in my 2 cents worth and said what I was thinking.

With the carcharodon, I like the older deathwatch shoulder pad. I think it shows how old the actual armour is as the newer shoulder pads were not actually compatible with the carcharodon’s mk 5-esque franken armor. I also like how there is little clutter on the carcharodon’s waist, which I thought was a problem with your crimson fist.

From a fluff standpoint I do think that the older shoulder pad works, however I am happy either way with the choices of deathwatch shoulder pads.

Mind you I am no kitbash master so take my opinion with about a kilogram of salt, and remember, they’re yours. If you are unhappy with the look that the rest of us like, don’t do it. You’re the one that has to look at it till the emperor comes.

I am actually slightly torn over how to feel about this comment, buddy: On the one hand, it's awesome that you like the model so much, but on the other hand, I really only replaced one or two bitz and added another three or so. Most of it is still the stock model, really, and that is indeed pretty awesome. But my "best work to date"? I don't know about that... ;)

Welk let this be some consolation: you're one of the worst compliment receivers. :p

In order to make it official, as I said on my thread this Carcharodons honor the chapter and I shall name him :  Komoharai Tetangi, known as "the quiet" in the deathwatch and comming from the ranks of the Oblivion's predator Strike force under direct recommandation of captain Nebriuson "The black watter Jaws". May he bring death to the enemies of Mankind. 

Malchy ;)

Cheers, guys! :)

@ NOOBIENOOBLET: Thanks, man! I did think about that particular part - and with a rationale pretty much exactly like yours - but in the end, I am bothered by the idea of one Deathwatch shoulder pad being different from all the other ones in the squad, and seeing how this guy's armour is already completely different, I think he needs an element to tie him together with the rest of the guys. Still, good thinking! :)

@ Auggs: Haha, fair enough, I guess ;)

And indeed, thanks to Malchy for pointing it out over here: The Carcharodon is now officially Brother Komoharai Tetangi, courtesy of Malchy, whose Carcharodons were one of my favourite hobby projects of 2017 and who was kind enough to provide me with a suitable name! Cheers, mate! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Oh cool! I've been out of action for a while now and its awesome to come back to a bunch of these wicked projects, just working my way through followed threads now and these guys look fantastic. Love the Feral Worlder, he looks great. Did you still want a Raptor Icon? I have a load of spare raptor parts because I used mine as Warp Talons if you needed a bit? Also really like Like the Carcharadon and while you have reservations about how the shark jaw looks now, I think the two most iconic aspects of sharks jaws are the two together (as seen on without the bodies forming a ring) and the shape of the teeth. I think the shape of the teeth say enough and I think its a wicked trim to the armour.  Super excited to see these guys painted up. Well done Kraut

Pure genius as always, I especially love that Carcharodon/Space Shark and the marine with the shock whip.

Just an idea, but will you be doing a transport/vehicle for them (or some other big centrepiece model)? I reckon with your conversion skills you could make something quite special.

• 1 month later...

Phew, it's been quite a while, and I have been in a bit of a painting slump recently, but finally finishing a model again for a change seems to have somewhat re-energised my motivation (as I hoped it would), and I managed to mostly finish the paintjob for the next member of my INQ28 true scale Killteam, a Brother-Marine of the Castigators:

deathwatch-castigator-pip-2.jpg

Far from the best photo, admittedly, but I am just putting this here as proof that I am tentatively back in business on the INQ28 front as well. Expect better pictures soon!