Cheers for the kind words, everyone! :smile.:

@ Elzender: Haha, that's a really cool idea -- I immediately thought of that hiding Imperial soldier from the older metal giant as a possible bit :wink: Ultimately, though, a prostrate servant/servirtor would lead to the same problem as some kind of footrest: obscure too much of the chair behind it and possibly draw attention away from the model. That being said, I think I have come up with a possible solution, as you'll be seeing in a second.

@ Midnightmare & noigrim: Yeah, I guess they'll remain separate pieces -- I kinda like the idea of the little guy hurrying behind the floating throne, trying his best to keep up :wink:

@ OakRiver: Definitely bone: I do really see this as a mask, not her actual face, and it's why I chose a slightly bigger skull, to show how an actual head might still fit under there. Also, weirdly enough, while I have yet to decide on a final role for her in her masked identity, I do actually have a pretty firm idea of who she is underneath the mask, in terms of the Velsen Sector's overarching lore...

@ PowerHungryMonkey: Cheers, mate! :smile.:

So, I find myself having unexpected amounts of fun with this latest project :wink:

First up, like I said above, I may have found a solution for the situation with her feet: As I still had the flowing skirts from the other two vampires, I have started shaving down one of them to fit the mamzel:

grimdark-mamzel-wip-9.jpg

grimdark-mamzel-wip-10.jpg

It still obscures a bit of detail here and there, but it's not too distracting. The element will still need some shaving down, of course.

And I also couldn't help creating another cherub for her, loosely inspired by a cherub appearing in a piece of John Blanche artwork from the second edition 40k rulebook. In it, a cherub is wearing the cutest little pseudo-napoleonic uniform, so I tried to channel that effect:

hourglass-cherub-wip-1.jpg

hourglass-cherub-wip-2.jpg

hourglass-cherub-wip-3.jpg

He is carrying a little hourglass, as if to say: "This is all the time you get to plead your case with the mistress..." :wink:

As always, let me know what you think! :smile.:

Absolutely love the little Cherub. Super cute and characterful. Probably one of my favorites I’ve seen you do!

Out of curiosity for a project I’m working on, where did the hour glass come from?

Edited by Vazzy

Okay guys, another quick update on Lady Bloodbriar and her retainers:

One, I felt that the bulky Sentinel needed to be balanced out by a second bodyguard, this one lithe and feminine. So I have started yet another conversion:

Infuriatingly enough, the differently coloured plastic on the upper half of the head makes the whole thing look like a bad Photoshop job in those pictures -- you'll have to take my word that the whole head assembly works better in real life.

Easily fixed, brother. 

0aSq89H.png

Well I love both guardians

The male one is more stoic, and something like the classic "background guard", more a "piece of forniture" that a person, so I like it a lot with the shied, that "depersonalize" him more.

The female is really dynamic, active. It can be a really good contrast, as all the others are in a kind of "still" position, so she seems really about to do something.

Generally speaking, warhammer miniatures tends to be "running to the fight" or "aiming for fire" or "stalking" and one thing I really like is some more "relaxed positions" for a change, and the lady an the butler, as a lot of more "civilian" figures created for Inq28, are really refreshing for this.

As I told you Kraut, I am creating my own "relaxed lady" and since you gave me your authorization, I shamelessly leave the link here.

Take a look, I would really like some comments and critics from you on her and my other things:rolleyes:

Edited by Filkarion

Thanks for the many kind words and excellent suggestions, everyone!

@ Givemead, Hungry Nostraman Lizard & Auggs: Cheers, guys! :)

@ Timboli: Thanks for the well considered feedback! I get what you are saying regarding the mask: That's a very good observation! My problem was that I wanted to use a "female" Stormcast Eternal mask (for its slightly narrower shape and finer features), and this was the only one I had. Maybe I will have to touch up the halo, though. Hmm...

As for the sword, while it is slightly larger than I would like, I think I'll be keeping it because I like the idea of an "exotic" weapon like that without any clear chaos or xenos influences -- it looks like the kind of weapon you would see in a powerful crime syndicate (plus all the other swords in my collection are just as big ;) ).

Also, "Cartel" -- that might have been the word I was looking for! Cheers!

@ OakRiver: Hm, you are right. I didn't think of the new Warcry models when I made those sketches (the Biel'Tan symbols were far more of an inspiration), but when all is said and done, it still is a stylised infinity symbol, so it's bound to turn up on all kinds of models every now and then ;)

@ Vazzy: Oh, that question is easily answered: The hourglass comes with the WFB/AoS flagellants -- in fact, there's several of them in the kit! There's also an - even nicer - hourglass in the battle wizard kit, come to think of it. Hope this helps!

@ Kyknos of Athena: Yeah, I agree that "Cabal" is probably out of the race for the reason you mentioned. I guess I'll be using "Syndicate" or "Cartel". However, take note that there are Inquisitorial Cabals - those are actually a rather important part of how the Holy Ordos operate - so the Dark Eldar don't get that organisational form all to themselves ;)

@ BCK: Haha, fair enough ;) I didn't want to "cheat", but rather show you the initial kitbash, warts and all.

@ Filkarion: Thanks a lot! The aspects you describe are the very things I wanted to achieve with those bodyguards: I wanted to play on the "massive and stocky vs. lithe and graceful" dynamic, and the resting pose was chosen to make them better fit the "court situation" suggested by the other models.

Also, that reclining lady of yours is AWESOME!

So anyway, the female bodyguard still requires a few additional tweaks, but here, à propos of nowhere, is a conversion I simply had to get out of my system. A bounty hunter:

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-2.jpg

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-1.jpg

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-4.jpg

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-3.jpg

The were several design influences at play here: The image of Japanese Ronin (very obviously), Princess Leia's bounty hunter disguise in RotJ, as well as character designs you would see in Franco-Belgian graphic novels, such as "Valérien". Plus the original idea was also lifted from a model I saw on Reddit ;)

As always, let me know what you think! :)

That is the fantastic delaque necromunda band. A must have for inq28some interested hobbysts IMHO.

Kraut, thanks, your appreciation really motivates me to finish my girl!

Your ronin is perfect. I can name all the kits its bits came from (only doubs are on the "head") and still find hard to nothe see it as a "proper" factory model from gw

More on him later!

Edited by Filkarion

The rogue Princess Leia looks cool, buddy! Love that design - can you give a bits breakdown? I see a Delque body with a Dark Elder arm holding a Ruststalker sword - while the other arm has a Tau shoulder pad. the head and the hat are unknown. Care to share?

@ Kyknos of Athena: Yeah, I agree that "Cabal" is probably out of the race for the reason you mentioned. I guess I'll be using "Syndicate" or "Cartel". However, take note that there are Inquisitorial Cabals - those are actually a rather important part of how the Holy Ordos operate - so the Dark Eldar don't get that organisational form all to themselves :wink:

The were several design influences at play here: The image of Japanese Ronin (very obviously), Princess Leia's bounty hunter disguise in RotJ, as well as character designs you would see in Franco-Belgian graphic novels, such as "Valérien". Plus the original idea was also lifted from a model I saw on Reddit :wink:

As always, let me know what you think! :smile.:

Yeah, there is also "the Kabal" in HH...

I dig it. It looks like a cyborg bounty hunter from Alita Battle Angel, a manga I adore. (--->This guy, I call him "Mushroom-Head" https://battleangel.fandom.com/wiki/Clive_Lee )

Edited by Kyknos of Athena

Cheers for the kind words, guys! Just a quick update, to provide the bitz list you guys required (also, I added another grenade to the model's belt):

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-8.jpg

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-6.jpg

ronin-bounty-hunter-wip-7.jpg

• The body, right arm and gun on the back are all from the new Necromunda Delaques, as has correctly been pointed out by you guys
  • the left arm is from the Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors (or Wyches)
  • the sword came from the AdMech Sicarian Ruststalkers
  • the head, hat and shoulder pad are all Tau...erm "T'au" bitz: The hat is either from the gun drones or from the Krisis suits - I'd say Krisis suits, though, as the discs that made up the drone bodies are even bigger in diameter. The shoulder pad is from the XV25 Stealth Suits, if I am not mistaken. And the head is just some small sensor array bit (probably from the Krisis suits as well, but I really don't know) with a couple of extra gubbinz (including a new eye lens) added on to bulk it out just a little and make it look more tech-y. I just wanted a head that seemed very un-imperial and also not at all like a classic facemask.

Anyway, hope this helps! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

Stunning work, ive had to go through the 20something pages id missed out on since i was last here - such depth of character and personality in every detail. And such a consistent output!

Hats off.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

@ Evil Eye: Oh, I didn't even know that source, but I love the artwork -- was that done by Yo:cussaka Amano? It certainly matches his style. You're also quite right about the resemblance!

@ Sandalphon: Thanks a lot! That is very kind of you to say! :)

@ noigrim: While I don't watch the Clone Wars series, I really felt a Star Wars vibe from the model when it came together, so it only makes sense that it should evoke that feeling.

@ Ranulf: Indeed, the idea behind the Sentinel was that the rich and powerful would adopt stylings from those legendary guardians of the Emperor for their own bodyguards as a bit of a "style trend", so to speak -- well spotted!

So anyway, I actually don't have anything much to show you guys, since virtually all of my free time has been sunk into MediaMolecule's "Dreams", basically a game/machinima/3D sculpting toolkit for the Playstation 4. I don't want to gush, but it's definitely one of the most remarkable pieces of software I have seen. Plus it's a blast to play around in -- I do have something hobby related, on that count, though, since in an attempt to get more familiar with Dreams' 3D sculpting tools, I set out to create a model of Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn's head:

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-4.jpeg

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-2.jpeg

Here are a few more pictures of the process, in case anyone's interested:

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-1.jpg

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-2.jpg

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-3.jpg

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-3.jpeg

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-1.jpeg

eisenhorn-face-3d-sculpt-dreams-5.jpeg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, not a single comment -- seems this was a super-interesting update for you guys...

Anyway, just for the sake of completeness, I have finished my Eisenhorn 3D sculpt:

inquisitor-eisenhorn-character-bust-fini

And I have even put him into a proper little scene, too:

thorn-wishes-talon-screenshot-1.jpeg

thorn-wishes-talon-screenshot-3.jpeg

thorn-wishes-talon-screenshot-2.jpeg

Anyway, there's a more detailed writeup over at the blog, in case anyone's interested.

It certainly is an achievement to create something like that digitally and make him resemble Eisenhorn in a way. Well done, buddy!

I’m sorry for not having commented on him. I remember seeing your post and liking it, but that was probably during my nightly bottle feeding time with Jules. The deal is: he drinks and keeps falling asleep, i alternate between checking my phone and keeping him awake... so I mightve forgotten to comment.

I like Eisenhorn, but he looks like he’s on acid. Maybe add some eyelids?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Reading through this thread in its entirety has been nothing but an absolute visual treat! All the different Inquisitorial warbands, the merchant house, the Bloodbriar group, the Kill-Team, absolutely fantastic!

Oh wow, not a single comment -- seems this was a super-interesting update for you guys...

Anyway, just for the sake of completeness, I have finished my Eisenhorn 3D sculpt:

I wouldn't get too upset about the lack of comments and put too much correlation into your post. Numerous times I have posted something and gotten little or no comments and then the next thing I post, I get a lot of response for the current and previous content. Most likely just the ebb and flow of the board. 

I have no idea how difficult your digital sculpting program is to use, but I'm impressed for your first go at it. I do agree with Augs, though, he could benefit from some eyelids. And if I may also add a tiny criticism, his ears look a little too high and could benefit from being shifted down a bit. 

Not to devalue your hard work, but poor Eisenhorn's popeyes currently make him seem a bit like he has a thyroid disorder :tongue.:

If he had more tired, hooded eyes and his ears were a bit less fused to his scalp, that'd be a pretty great cartoon interpretation!

Edited by Lucerne