Order Of Mercy

Margulix

Hello there, fellow Loyalists!

After playing Sororitas band in Armageddon, i decided to start a full army. Now it is work in progress, i'm going for a full plastic army, heavy converted, using various sources i could find.

Some Fluff

Was rolled on Order genetor table from 1d4chan.

===

Sisters of Mercy 
From Order of the Ebon Chalice 
Standing Force - "This area doesn't have sufficient spiritual guidance, found an order!" 
We Stand Alone - The Order is either distrusted for some reason or otherwise cloaks itself from prying eyes. 
Uphold the Honour of the Emperor - Let His light guide you! 
Seraphim Commander - Saint, who led an action against an Eldar craftworld, boarding it and inflicting grievous casualties before withdrawing. This has earned the order the fear and hatred of that craftworld 
Oceanic Paradise World 
Noticeable influence - You dabble in the games of power somewhat, just enough to keep the interests of your order protected. 
Radically Different Organisation 
Close Combat/ Fireteams Tactics 
Modified Vehicle: This Order has had to adapt their transports to new and different circumstances. This Order may use more rare vehicles as primary transport. Examples: Modified Rhino, Immolator, or Repressor 
Modified Weaponry: When the Order’s forges produce a weapon, they produce them in a style that is specific to their Order. Examples: Power Sabre, Bolt Pistol with weighted butt for clubbing. 
Purity of Man - "Protect the Hallowed human form from rusted iron" 
Under powered size 
Imperial Guard from a specific world 
Enemy: A particular Daemon, Daemon Prince or Disciple of Chaos

===

So, we are a very small order from paradise world. This world almost never had any issues with enemies of Mankind, so my sisters are very soft, compared to other Orders. Also, IG from the same world helps them sometimes.

colour scheme 

(based on Mercy Of the Overwatch, it was a meme of Celestine who ressurects her Geminae)

===

sister.php?bpe=FFFFFF&bpj=b0b0b0&bp=FFFF

===

WIPS

===

Troops and elites

S6hTfv_N3tA.jpgY5IpxRdPWJU.jpg

dwqcszhj_Ko.jpg

HUsfz2GFwLk.jpg

Immolators (will be repainted)

O6hUtoJ-C84.jpg

JiJQ9B2sbNA.jpg

Repressor

o5KXJ_ulYeU.jpg

===

Armageddon Band fighting for Promethium

Well, i think old metal sisters are... well.. should be used like this.

CD5LkwYguL0.jpg

A promising start.

Oceanic Paradise World

Modified Vehicle: This Order has had to adapt their transports to new and different circumstances.

Considering the environment of the planet this Order is based on, I think it should standardize on the Chimera and other amphibious vehicles. Mount the Exorcist missile launcher on the Chimera chassis, restore the Hellhound and Devil Dog's amphibious capability (they share the Chimera chassis, but have a different engine)...

Modified Weaponry: When the Order’s forges produce a weapon, they produce them in a style that is specific to their Order. Examples: Power Sabre, Bolt Pistol with weighted butt for clubbing.

Power cutlasses make sense, if you want to give your Sisters a nautical (or piratical) theme. As for the pistol's modifications, maybe an axe blade at the front, for boarding operations?

By the way, will they field combi-spearguns or vehicle-mounted harpoon cannons?

"This pattern of Bolt Pistol is designed to make use of the Sarissa as an attachment. The Sarissa is a vicious, curved, bayonet-like blade that can transform the Godwyn-De'az Bolt Pistol into an effective close combat weapon even as it retains all of its ranged functionality." ~blood of martyrs, Dark heresy

Not strictly canon (not sure where the fantasy flight stuff sits now) but it does show a good precedent for it.

Bjorn nice ideas, thank you! I'll consider them! :D Chimera is a good think, althrought its size a bit diffrent from rhino! Harpoon cannons... i think i should replace all rhinos storm bolters with those!)

For now i'm pinting the Celestine's birds as parrots xD

Lord Grimskull - do yuo know where to find a pic of these pistols?

Standing Force - "This area doesn't have sufficient spiritual guidance, found an order!"

We Stand Alone - The Order is either distrusted for some reason or otherwise cloaks itself from prying eyes.

Considering you described the Order as having "noticeable influence," it seems contradictory and counterproductive for the Order to "cloak itself" and hide away.

It does make sense if the Sisters are distrusted, but more details are needed to explain WHY. Is it because of concern the Saint was physically or psychically tainted when she boarded the Craftworld? Because of the "games of power" the Order plays? Because others find the Sisters annoying for preaching to them? (You quoted, "This area doesn't have sufficient spiritual guidance, found an order!" as the reason this Order was founded, which suggested an evangelical attitude.)

Bjorn nice ideas, thank you! I'll consider them!

Thank you.

Harpoon cannons... i think i should replace all rhinos storm bolters with those!

Considering the utility of Rapid Fire weapons, I think a harpoon cannon is better used as a substitute for the hunter-killer missile.

Considering you described the Order as having "noticeable influence," it seems contradictory and counterproductive for the Order to "cloak itself" and hide away.

It does make sense if the Sisters are distrusted, but more details are needed to explain WHY. Is it because of concern the Saint was physically or psychically tainted when she boarded the Craftworld? Because of the "games of power" the Order plays? Because others find the Sisters annoying for preaching to them? (You quoted, "This area doesn't have sufficient spiritual guidance, found an order!" as the reason this Order was founded, which suggested an evangelical attitude.)

I thonk it is more like this world used to be an important shrine world, but ocasionally was flooded by the sea, so the Order became very small. I cannot say they are hiding now, it is more like no one cares and remembers about them, and their monastery is located in far islands from the main population of planet. They are more forgotten tha hidden. I think it more fills my theme. About noticable influence - i'll make an inquisitor model who supervises them - so it will be more about her than the order itself :)

sorry I meant to respond to this further yesterday but I got caught up in painting and youtube x_X

so I thought there was an illustration of it in the BoM book, but cannot find it. Further I can't find any artwork of it on the net besides on a shady looking Russian image board (the image is fine, but I don't like hovering on the board or feel comfortable linking it)

What I do know is that the Godwyn De'az pattern shares similarities to the Godwyn Ultima featured:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/10/Godwyn-Ultima_Bolt_Pistol_Space_Wolves.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20120929085838

With the De'az featuring the Fleur-de-lis on the side. I assume the Sarrisa must attach similar to what the mars pattern scourge has here:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mars_Pattern_Mk_II_Scourge_Bolter.jpg

hope that helps!

Suggested patron saint and possible HQ (counts as Celestine) for the Order: Marianne Bonlire, after female pirates Mary Read and Anne Bonny (the surname is French for "Good Read").

Cool! i'll use it) what about her Geminae?)

sorry I meant to respond to this further yesterday but I got caught up in painting and youtube x_X

so I thought there was an illustration of it in the BoM book, but cannot find it. Further I can't find any artwork of it on the net besides on a shady looking Russian image board (the image is fine, but I don't like hovering on the board or feel comfortable linking it)

What I do know is that the Godwyn De'az pattern shares similarities to the Godwyn Ultima featured:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/10/Godwyn-Ultima_Bolt_Pistol_Space_Wolves.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20120929085838

With the De'az featuring the Fleur-de-lis on the side. I assume the Sarrisa must attach similar to what the mars pattern scourge has here:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mars_Pattern_Mk_II_Scourge_Bolter.jpg

hope that helps!

Got the idea, i'll give those to seraphims i think) Thank you for your help!

What about her Geminae?

The Wikipedia article Women in piracy has many entries. The sisters Rusla and Stikla are one option. Anne Dieu-le-Veut is another good namesake, as her (obviously false) last name literally means "God wills it"- an M40 adaptation may be "Dieu-Empereur-le-Veut" (I don't speak French, and had to rely on online translations).

What about her Geminae?

The Wikipedia article Women in piracy has many entries. The sisters Rusla and Stikla are one option. Anne Dieu-le-Veut is another good namesake, as her (obviously false) last name literally means "God wills it"- an M40 adaptation may be "Dieu-Empereur-le-Veut" (I don't speak French, and had to rely on online translations).

I'll stick to those vsisters, thanks!)

So more WIP's on Seraphims. Had some problems with spare heads and weapons....

mWU8hV0zrZs.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Will you paint a portrait of the Order's founder, heroine, or patron saint on the Rhino's rear ramp? Or (considering the unusual location, as that image will be covered in dirt whenever the ramp lowers) did the silhouette belong to an unfortunate Sister who was outside the vehicle when a nuclear weapon detonated near her, burning her shadow into the ramp?

Or (considering the unusual location, as that image will be covered in dirt whenever the ramp lowers) did the silhouette belong to an unfortunate Sister who was outside the vehicle when a nuclear weapon detonated near her, burning her shadow into the ramp?

That's some top notch grimdark there for ya. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived