Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inquisitors - any good?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Black Orange

Black Orange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,929 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

I am in the Greyfax-Eisenhorn camp.

No one can beat my Wu Tang Sword Style!my 40k blog:

https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Ultramarines 247
wc.jpg

Blood and Honor!

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue is a term used by losers

Constantine Trajanus Ultor

Constantine Trajanus Ultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

I ordered the Hector Rex model this weekend. He wins in the most important category.....very cool model, IMO. 

Also, mainly want him in my Army to help protect the Custodes from psychic attacks, and he is good at this. 

The plan for me is to have Rex lead a Vanguard Detachment made up of 2 x SoS squads, and 1 x Culexus. Should do a great job of getting after psyker armies. 

• Black Orange, Knight of Lupus and Ishagu like this

38888890625_1e45b776e3_m.jpg

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Meatgrinder the post you quoted, I was talking about Acolytes. Inquisitors are worth it for being the cheapest LD Buff + Pysker Platform + Cheap Counter Assault Unit. The named Inquistors that are the best, Eisenhorn, and Greyfax then Coteaz, and Kamarov, with Rex and Lok being Eisen and Greyfax or Coteaz and Kamarov respectively.

Take what makes a generic Inquistor Good, then +1. At the price of two generics, you get normally double casting, awesome equipment, and one special rule (Greyfax +1 Deny, Cherubeal for Eisen, Coteaz Interrupt, Kamarov Nuke, so on and so forth).

The named ones > generic ones, because while generic ones aren’t bad, they don’t give enough to be worthwhile to lose one of your three detachments. The named ones in contrasts basically take what makes Inquistors reasonable to make them excellent.

What is nice is the named ones represent what Inquistors should be, the focus of the faction unique and cool. While normal ones are basically Commissar + Primaris, with slightly better equipment options. Acolytes are too expensive for glorified meatshields, Jokero and Deamonhosts need character or Deamonhosts atleast should be summonable like Cherubeal.

Now I am going off topic; Generics are good for saving 30ish points if you can afford the lost detachment. Named are better/worthwhile, because they make what makes generics good. Then expands or highlighting that ability in various unique ways
  • Ishagu likes this
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 457 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I have used Karamazov once. He did well but my Death Guard opponent wasn't sure how to handle him so that may have contributed to his success. he was popping blight drones pretty well with his Master Crafted multi-melta smile.png

Six acolytes with plasma guns, or if you are in a points-crunch then stormbolters, riding around inside of a Repressor can be pretty devastating depending on which Ordo you take and what army you are facing. I favor Ordo Hereticus because they get their bonuses against Chaos and Psycker keywords, and those are pretty common in my area. The Reprssor basically is a pretty tough rolling bunker giving great protection, and can get them to where they are needed. Never have them dismount, just stay inside and fire out the gun ports!

After 8th dropped I used Greyfax a LOT, I'd say almost half my games last year. Very useful. I just wish she had an Invulnerable save. :(

Edited by Montford, 01 April 2018 - 12:55 AM.

• Black Orange and librisrouge like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 582 posts

I want my space monkies to be characters, just because they're targeted and shot straight away. I don't know how to make adepts cool, maybe another wound, or the choice to make them unique. No idea. What I do know is that Adepts are horrid right now, and you'd think they would be amazing given the fluff.

I can't wait to see what the codex brings.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 552 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
There are any rumours about codex? I didn’t hear any. Maby i’m missing something.
My two cents. I thought a lot how to protect my black Templars from smite spam And all of psyker power.
And in my opinion Rex use the best option Here.
3 denial attempts, 2+/3++ deep strike, makes him good support character. Best thing in him is inv. Save gives him durability.
  • librisrouge likes this

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,147 posts
  • Faction: Cadian 333rd, the "Half-Damned"

There are any rumours about codex? I didn’t hear any. Maby i’m missing something.
My two cents. I thought a lot how to protect my black Templars from smite spam And all of psyker power.
And in my opinion Rex use the best option Here.
3 denial attempts, 2+/3++ deep strike, makes him good support character. Best thing in him is inv. Save gives him durability.

Him, or Greyfax, would work well in that roll.

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 552 posts
Hq detachement greyfax, celestine, rex.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,707 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Prefer Greyfax, Celestine, Eisenhorn :-D

-~Ishagu~-

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 552 posts
Right. I preffer dutability And there comes rex. But excluding FW you have Right:)

Edited by Aegir_Einarsson, 03 April 2018 - 04:41 PM.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,707 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
His durability doesn't come into play that often, unless you're facing a lot of sniper fire?

In my experience characters are either ignored or utterly annihilated, never in the middle.

-~Ishagu~-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users