What would you want in future Primaris expansions?

Simple question, what would you like to see from future Primaris space marine line expansion? 

I aways imagined them as successors to the legion of old in many ways, and given the fact many basically fought in legion (the unnumbered sons) I thought it would be cool to have more "legion analogous units" Despoilers, flamer support squads, breachers etc. Alternatively I kind of want a Rhino and land raider equivalent. 

I'd like a full detachment from the main Codex Space Marines so we can have an interesting conflict.

As such I'd like some new weapons that are Primaris flavoured - Onslaught Cannon Primaris (a given that this will happen in my view), perhaps some new weapon like shock weaponry...

They're a bit stuck right now though. An Onslaught Cannon unit will compete with Aggressors and likely make them extinct. A heavy close combat variant will probably kill off Reivers and maybe Terminators...

It's a bit of a problem.

Demolisher and Vanquisher cannon-armed tanks or walkers (I doubt an anti-gravity vehicle can handle the recoil). Space Marines need some long-range anti-tank weapons (lascannons are only medium-range weapons) that can be used repeatedly (unlike the "one use only" hunter-killer missile).

Space Marines don't but Primaris do. So I agree.

Perhaps a Primaris Skimmer like a Land Speeder skiff they can use as a transport they can shoot out of?

This is exactly what I was thinking, possibly with Frag Launchers or similar, but mainly it should be something like a bigger LandSpeeder Storm, so a cheap, fast, fragile transport option.

A melee unit, but it needs to be different to some degree to the existing Assault Marines, Vanguard Vets, Close Combat Terminators and now unfortunately Jet Bikes and Lances are a Custodes thing.

Maybe dual sword duelists or an alternate Reiver type setup with JUST axes and then they're designed to work in tandem with the standard Reivers.

Rik

I'm just embarking on a Primaris only new army, count me in for discussion. Personally I think there's no doubt that the Primaris range will be expanded going forward, similar to AoS Eternals being the new poster boys for, ahem, fantasy. However, to call for Primaris equivalents to existing standard marine units I think is a mistake. A new range of models like the Primaris must have new, different units, not just rehashed terminators or assault squads. Fluff wise Primaris marines are evidence of technology developing rather than stagnating (yes I know, despite the technology that created them being 10k years old). I think we'll see more anti-grav vehicles and squads dedicated to a particular role ala 30k force make up.

It really depends on the extent to which GW wants to replace the older Marines with the newer ones. If Primaris are meant to replace the old minis entirely, and they start phasing out sale of classic Marine minis, we'll need viable replacements for the old units. Aggressors and other Gravis armor units seem like they're trying to mimic Terminators in certain ways, but they seem to have fallen a bit short. We'll need more flexible units - Primaris Marines are very specialized. Good melee units, suitable to running Primaris-only Blood Angels or Black Templars. For that matter, chapter-specific units will have to be updated.

On the other hand, if GW decides to reserve space for the older Marines, and leave such things in their hands, I wish we knew that so we new players wouldn't be holding off on purchases for fear of having our purchase obsoleted by the next announcement.

I'd like to see some real close combat units, perhaps something like Breachers with Power Weapons/Chainswords/Bolters or just an updated Indomitus model that can be fluffed as being refitted to Primaris. I think they are also lacking in transports though its not that bad, I'd still like to see something that has its own niche but isnt better than a Rhino, perhaps something like a Land Speeder transport for 5man units.

Also Anti-tank, there should be an Aggressor variant with a lascannon/plasma cannon/Assault cannon on one side and a power fist on the other, that would also be welcome.

Options for Characters + Sergeants

Librarians in Gravis Armor (Codex Blood Angels there is a picture)

Chaplains in Gravis Armor

Techmarine

Characters + unit on bikes

Melta + Grav - Hellblasters a 24” rapid fire 2 grav sounds delightful

Light transport option

Use of current Transport options - Land Raider and Storm Raven at least

Melee Aggressors - advance and charge instead of shoot twice

Scout unit

I’ve put too much thought into the this, and that was off the top of my head.

Great topic, I am so ready for more Primaris units. Here are some unit ideas/wishlisting I would like to see happen.

Overlord Dropship - it is the only remaining unit mentioned in Dark Imperium that we do not have a model for. It sounds like it is going to be big, with two troop bays. Primaris thunder hawk... yes please.

Techmarine - this is also a given that needs to happen.

Multi-part Primaris Ancient - I hope that if/when this happens that we get more options for the Ancient. Being able to change the bolt rifle to its different variants or replacing the weapon entirely with a power sword would make me happy. And if GW really loves me, I would love Aggressor/Inceptors/Riever variants as well.

Multi-Part Primaris LT - same as the Ancient... both with more weapon options and I personally would like to see Agressor/inceptor/Riever variations.

Whirlwind style Repulsor - take the repulsor, remove its transport capabilities and tack on whirlwind, vindicator and or thunder fire capabilities. Make this the king direct/indirect artillary vehicle for the Primaris.

Primaris Terminators - big, unkillable, a twin linked/storm bolter esq - version of the Inceptors Assault Bolter/plasma weapon in one hand. Bolt storm gauntlet in the other. I want the Primaris Terminator to keep the feel and look of traditional Terminators. 3 wounds, 2+ save. Native deepstrike capability.

Primaris Breacher Squad - 10 men, mark x armor, breacher shields and bolt carbines. Sgt can change out bolt carbine with a power sword. Troop choice. I love 30k breacher marines... and it's my wishlist!

Invictus Suzerain style Breacher Veterans - take the above, give them all power weapons too. Give their bolt carbines special issue ammo... this is 30k's fault why I'm like this.

Additional options for Inceptors - I want the squad to be able to replace one assault bolter with a chain sword... no this is Primaris... eviscerators.

Ok... ok I'll stop for now.

Chainswords?

Primaris Crusader Squads?

Every chapter with a proper Lieutenant (like BA and DA).

Gear selection.

Chainswords.

Primaris Terminator armour.(no potato and gravi armour)

Proper Assault Squads (no reivers)

Proper chaplain.

Heavy chainswords.

Edited by Sete

I want to see each chapter get a Primaris version of one of their old Horus Heresy Legion units. 

Ultramarines- Primaris Fulmentarus Aggressors (Aggressors with missile launchers, etc)

Imperial Fists- Primaris Phalanx Wardens (Intercessors with cool shields)

Salamanders- Primaris Firedrake Aggressors (Aggressors with meltas and super flamers)

Raven Guard- Primaris Mor Deythan (Reivers or Intercessors with sneaky rules and cool guns)

Black Templars- Primaris Templar Brethren (Intercessors with power weapons, shields, cool close combat stats/rules)

Iron Hands- Primaris Gorgon Aggressors (super resilient aggressors with cool weapons)

Blood Angels- Primaris Angelus Inceptors (close combat inceptors, thunder hammer storm shield please!) 

White Scars- ???

Dark Angels- ???

Space Wolves- ???

The one unique niche I can think of off the top of my head left open by the Codex is proper melee oriented bikers. Yes, you can get them from the Index, but how long will that last? Most other things aside from transports will step on the toes of existing units, and while I loathe the whole Primaris thing for a number of reasons, I give due credit to GW for making the units different in role and function from Marines 1.0. Once we start seeing things like Primaris Terminators and Assault Squads, we'll start seeing old squads become obsolete. Edited by Firepower

I'm down for some wishlisting :)

Inceptor captain, with a decent suite of weapon options.

MBT version of the Repulsor with no transport capacity and a bigass gun on top.

Veterans of some sort. Could be a squad of guys in gravis armour, could just be intercessors with a better gun a la sternguard.

A decently smashy melee unit.

Grav bikes

Some dedicated anti-tank. Agressors with lascannons?

New Ork models, plastic aspect warriors, actual allies for the Tau, or at the very least plastic SoB.

One unit type I could imagine which would be unique would be a unit equipped with very long ranged anti material rifles, kind of making them a hybrid of sniper scouts and devastators. Kind of a big game hunter rather than heavy weapon trooper.

Primaris Terminators - big, unkillable, a twin linked/storm bolter esq - version of the Inceptors Assault Bolter/plasma weapon in one hand. Bolt storm gauntlet in the other.

Gravis armor serves much of Terminator armor's functions, though its Armor Save is only 3+, compared to Terminator armor's 2+. (I think this is because Cawl had difficulty acquiring the materials that form Terminator plate.) If there is Gravis armor made of the same materials as Terminator armor, it should have a new name to distinguish it, the way the name "artificer armor" does for power armor with a 2+ Armor Save. May I suggest the name "Ultimatum armor" for this Gravis/Terminator hybrid armor?

As for weapons, let's mount the boltstorm gauntlet's integral bolter on chainfists, lightning claws, and other Terminator Melee Weapons. Hell, let's do the same for an Aggressor's flame gauntlet's integral flamer.

The one unique niche I can think of off the top of my head left open by the Codex is proper melee oriented bikers. Yes, you can get them from the Index, but how long will that last? Most other things aside from transports will step on the toes of existing units, and while I loathe the whole Primaris thing for a number of reasons, I give due credit to GW for making the units different in role and function from Marines 1.0. Once we start seeing things like Primaris Terminators and Assault Squads, we'll start seeing old squads become obsolete.

This is kind of a big issue, though.

If you want in-universe all-Primaris chapters to be a thing, and in terms of minis, players with all-Primaris armies, then you'll need Primaris to actually cover all the roles, thus rendering the older Marines... if not obsolete, at least redundant.  On the other hand, GW has the option of saying "We're not going to do that.  Please keep playing your original Marines right alongside Primaris.  Future releases will accommodate both."  This, to me, is the preferred option.  Not only does keep GW from having to redo the entire Space Marine line at once when several other factions could use some love, AND earn a bit of good will from the players who aren't thrilled about Primaris, it pulls GW out of a tricky position involving their popular Space Marine characters.  I mean, it would be pretty weird if your named characters were noticeably the smallest characters in your army, right?

I just wish GW would tell us one way or the other.

Abaddon is just angry because he's so tiny. It could very well be that all Primaris chapters are supposed to play like a minor faction. Harlequins can be played as a full army but the choices are very limited.

Primaris marines certainly deployed like a major factions at least in the fluff , taking to the field in the tens of thousands  as the legions of old did during the indomitus crusade. Which coincidentally would make a interesting Forgeworld campaign book.

Primaris Terminators - big, unkillable, a twin linked/storm bolter esq - version of the Inceptors Assault Bolter/plasma weapon in one hand. Bolt storm gauntlet in the other.

Gravis armor serves much of Terminator armor's functions, though its Armor Save is only 3+, compared to Terminator armor's 2+. (I think this is because Cawl had difficulty acquiring the materials that form Terminator plate.) If there is Gravis armor made of the same materials as Terminator armor, it should have a new name to distinguish it, the way the name "artificer armor" does for power armor with a 2+ Armor Save. May I suggest the name "Ultimatum armor" for this Gravis/Terminator hybrid armor?

As for weapons, let's mount the boltstorm gauntlet's integral bolter on chainfists, lightning claws, and other Terminator Melee Weapons. Hell, let's do the same for an Aggressor's flame gauntlet's integral flamer.

See I see Gravis Armor as a poor man's aggressor armor. The scrubs in the battle companies get that bolted on crap. But Terminator plate... that's 1st Company Boys only. And in my head I'm imagining a future space hulk miniature line and I would be sadly disappointed if it were gravis equivalent. Terminators without a double barreled bolt weapon just seem wrong. That's why I wanted a double barreled version of the assault bolter. I guess all of them carrying heavy onslaught Gatling cannons would be ok :). And how about a Chainfist claw! Sweet baby jeebus!

I like the name though! Ultimatum Plate. You win!