What would you want in future Primaris expansions?

Primaris marines certainly deployed like a major factions at least in the fluff , taking to the field in the tens of thousands  as the legions of old did during the indomitus crusade. Which coincidentally would make a interesting Forgeworld campaign book.

AdMech is huge yet their army lacks the diversity on the table top that the major factions. It could be that producing all the Primaris in secret off the grid facilities really taxed their manufacturing capabilies. No room to make some super cool big gun and you can't just ship thousands of lascannons to your Area 51. At least everyone had bolt rifles and armor when Bobby G showed up.

Primaris Terminators - big, unkillable, a twin linked/storm bolter esq - version of the Inceptors Assault Bolter/plasma weapon in one hand. Bolt storm gauntlet in the other.

Gravis armor serves much of Terminator armor's functions, though its Armor Save is only 3+, compared to Terminator armor's 2+. (I think this is because Cawl had difficulty acquiring the materials that form Terminator plate.) If there is Gravis armor made of the same materials as Terminator armor, it should have a new name to distinguish it, the way the name "artificer armor" does for power armor with a 2+ Armor Save. May I suggest the name "Ultimatum armor" for this Gravis/Terminator hybrid armor?

As for weapons, let's mount the boltstorm gauntlet's integral bolter on chainfists, lightning claws, and other Terminator Melee Weapons. Hell, let's do the same for an Aggressor's flame gauntlet's integral flamer.

See I see Gravis Armor as a poor man's aggressor armor. The scrubs in the battle companies get that bolted on crap. But Terminator plate... that's 1st Company Boys only. And in my head I'm imagining a future space hulk miniature line and I would be sadly disappointed if it were gravis equivalent. Terminators without a double barreled bolt weapon just seem wrong. That's why I wanted a double barreled version of the assault bolter. I guess all of them carrying heavy onslaught Gatling cannons would be ok :smile.:. And how about a Chainfist claw! Sweet baby jeebus!

I like the name though! Ultimatum Plate. You win!

Aggressors are in Gravis armor.  Otherwise, yeah, that's cool.

Great topic, I am so ready for more Primaris units. Here are some unit ideas/wishlisting I would like to see happen.

Overlord Dropship - it is the only remaining unit mentioned in Dark Imperium that we do not have a model for. It sounds like it is going to be big, with two troop bays. Primaris thunder hawk... yes please.

Techmarine - this is also a given that needs to happen.

Multi-part Primaris Ancient - I hope that if/when this happens that we get more options for the Ancient. Being able to change the bolt rifle to its different variants or replacing the weapon entirely with a power sword would make me happy. And if GW really loves me, I would love Aggressor/Inceptors/Riever variants as well.

Multi-Part Primaris LT - same as the Ancient... both with more weapon options and I personally would like to see Agressor/inceptor/Riever variations.

Whirlwind style Repulsor - take the repulsor, remove its transport capabilities and tack on whirlwind, vindicator and or thunder fire capabilities. Make this the king direct/indirect artillary vehicle for the Primaris.

Primaris Terminators - big, unkillable, a twin linked/storm bolter esq - version of the Inceptors Assault Bolter/plasma weapon in one hand. Bolt storm gauntlet in the other. I want the Primaris Terminator to keep the feel and look of traditional Terminators. 3 wounds, 2+ save. Native deepstrike capability.

Primaris Breacher Squad - 10 men, mark x armor, breacher shields and bolt carbines. Sgt can change out bolt carbine with a power sword. Troop choice. I love 30k breacher marines... and it's my wishlist!

Invictus Suzerain style Breacher Veterans - take the above, give them all power weapons too. Give their bolt carbines special issue ammo... this is 30k's fault why I'm like this.

Additional options for Inceptors - I want the squad to be able to replace one assault bolter with a chain sword... no this is Primaris... eviscerators.

Ok... ok I'll stop for now.

Good God, I never realized I needed Primaris breachers until you mentioned it but that unit would actually be fluffy for my iron hands and potentially awesome.

-Chainswords

-Jetbikes

-Suzerain like unit

-Terminator equivalents

Oh, and

CHAINSWORDS.

With all due respect, screw chainswords. Reivers have combat blades which have the same effect as chainswords i.e. They're can't kill anything worth killing.

Give them eviscerators! Give them power swords!

I see your point but,

CHAAAAAAAAAAAINSWORDS

Games Workshop needs to revise the chainsword's stats and special rules, to distinguish it from generic "close combat weapons." Maybe allow chainsword wielders to inflict 1D3 Mortal Wounds with each melee attack (for how the chainsword teeth literally chew up a target), and/or give it AP -1 (as contemporary chainsaws are optimized against hard targets- hell, STIHL manufactures a chainsaw designed to cut through concrete).

I see your point but,

CHAAAAAAAAAAAINSWORDS

Games Workshop needs to revise the chainsword's stats and special rules, to distinguish it from generic "close combat weapons." Maybe allow chainsword wielders to inflict 1D3 Mortal Wounds with each melee attack (for how the chainsword teeth literally chew up a target), and/or give it AP -1 (as contemporary chainsaws are optimized against hard targets- hell, STIHL manufactures a chainsaw designed to cut through concrete).

Why does a weapon that is equipped by the majority of the armies in game. It was the generic close combat weapon. Despite what media shows, chainsaws make terrible weapons. What happens when the chain slips off the wheels and you have to get it back on track? If I had to choose between my dad's chainsaw and his splitting maul as a weapon, I'll take the splitting maul every time.

I still think, rather then reaver squads,  they simply should had allowed primaris intercessor squad to swap there bolt rifles for a chainswords (like despoilers of the legions), they would be visually more pleasing at least. 

other ideas 

-Primaris Heavy support squads  armed with  modified assault bolters or  modified rotor cannons (with rules that don't suck like in 30K) 

-Primaris support squads armed with flamers/heavy flamers (fluffy for chapters obsessed with pyromania)

-Priamris support squads armed with laser based weaponry:  mult-laser, man portable variants of las talons, etc... 

Edited by Laughingman

I fully expect a ...

... Primaris Techmarine, to be introduced with a Primaris vehicle of some sort.

Other thoughts ...

Alternative Transport option, be it by land or air.

Infantry

- Grav weapons

- Gatling weapons

Grav/Jet bikes with heavy weapons

Wish list ... Lightning Claw Inceptors. :D

A dedicated transport vehicle that isn't covered in guns - probably still a grav vehicle.

Grav bikes

Dedicated melee unit, ideally fast moving.

Veterans with versatility (weapon options)

The overlord

Alternative Transport option, be it by land or air.

As currently portrayed, I think it's mere pride that prevents Primaris Marines from boarding vehicles capable of transporting Terminators- Land Raiders, Stormravens, drop pods, etc. (Anyone plan on converting AT-AT walkers from 'Star Wars'?)

Grav/Jet bikes with heavy weapons

I second that.

Wish list ... Lightning Claw Inceptors. :D

I second that. As they are now, the Inceptors are overspecialized for Shooting Attacks, and begging for Chaos Raptors to tear them apart in Melee.

Hopefully, we can get lightning claw versions of the boltstorm gauntlet, i.e., those with integral ranged weapons.

I think in my opanion, the first thing is making Primaris Techmarine, and there own Rhino (and Heliocopter be kinda awesome tbh). Then a Company Veteran equivalent in Primaris Marines. That starts with BoltRifle or HvyPistol and Chain/Knife. Then can choose their Bolt(Variants), or replacing Knife/Chain with the Sword/Maul/Ax.

Really PrimarisTech and Rhino equivalent is what I want

Hovering Sicaran variants, especially designed for the Primaris.

The Primaris infantry and jump troops are already good, we just need dedicated anti tank firepower on a tough chassis that isn't a transport.

Edited by Ishagu

Hmm,,,

Let's see...

Melee units, a transport that doesn't cost more than the unit its supposedly transporting (or in reality, just let them use the same ones terminators can), some actual variety in weapon choices beyond a million variants of "bolter" or plasma, give me some of that sweet sweet melta back, and jetbikes. Glorious Jetbikes.

Ohh, and jump troops that don't look like their heading to ice skate on the moon.

Hovering Sicaran variants, especially designed for the Primaris.

If it bears heavy antitank weapons, it should be stabilized upon the ground when firing. I think the Mechanicus should either put the Sicaran back in production, or design an Onager variant for this purpose, and put Chaos Defilers to shame.

And let's have long-range antitank weapons, e.g., Vanquisher cannons. The autocannon is too weak, the lascannon's range is too short.