Hellrenders XVIIIth legion! Tactical requirements.

Hellrender

Hello all,

After finishing painting my space wolves to about 2500 points, i got very dissapointed with the FW released for the Vlka Fenryka, so i decided that 2500 points would suffice and switch to a different legion. The other day i splurged a lot of cash on Salamander stuff, and hope to get that in soon (easter), and until then i will be working on some stuff i have already here.

My goal is that by 25th of march, i have finished the following:

2x10 Tactical Marines

1x5 Cataphractii

1x5 Tactical Support

1 Rhino

1 Legion Baneblade

6 Objective markers

2 Tarantula Sentry guns

And now that my motivation is high, i made good progress on my first squad, which turned out to take a lot longer then expected because its Mark III. I still have to build and paint the Sergeant and a tactical marine to complete this squad, and then they can be mounted in a rhino with Multi Melta.

Feel free to leave some comments or tips on both gameplay and painting, all is welcome :smile.:

For now, here is my first squad.

gallery_57452_14288_58430.jpg

gallery_57452_14288_156357.jpg

Look great, as everyone else said the green is particularly spectacular, and the gold trim is quite nice as well. Only suggestion I could see making would be to consider either drilling or adding darker paint to the vents in the bolter muzzles (hope I got the terminology right there).

Thanks for the comments :smile.:

Look great, as everyone else said the green is particularly spectacular, and the gold trim is quite nice as well. Only suggestion I could see making would be to consider either drilling or adding darker paint to the vents in the bolter muzzles (hope I got the terminology right there).

Yeh, i can add a bit more wash going forward. I got a bad experience with drilling too many holes in tiny bolters :tongue.:

Today i progressed a bit further.

I prepped the baneblade that i built years ago. Removed the mortal crew, and closed off the hatches. Now it's primed and ready to go, but i am a bit indecisive on how to break up the green. I was considering making black panels, as seen here: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-ES/Deimos-Pattern-Predator-Infernus

But entirely dumbstruck on how to achieve that on a the baneblade.

And built the 2nd tactical squad, and the first rhino. It's magnatised so it can function as a razorback in 40k, and a rhino with TL multi melta (or no pintle at all), in 30k. The aim is to have 2 of these, and 1 with pintle heavy flamer. Not sure about the deimos, as it's twice the money cost of a mars pattern rhino. Even though it looks cool, i can't help but think what other cool stuff i can buy for that price :smile.:

gallery_57452_14288_63413.jpg

• 1 month later...

Progress to be had!

I have sprayed most dudes in the various metal stages, shaded them, and then sprayed clear green over :smile.:

gallery_57452_14288_118221.jpg

And with green coat:

gallery_57452_14288_92827.jpg

I have also done the same on the rhino, but the Baneblade shading and basecoating is going to take a while, so decided to wait with that. Good choice now that the ETL Is announced :)

I have also received my purchases and have spent easter building it all.

Vulkan

gallery_57452_14288_87804.jpg

Praetor in the front, then 10 Pyroclasts, and 5 Firedrakes

gallery_57452_14288_107192.jpg

Contemptor

gallery_57452_14288_18919.jpg

Predator Infernus

gallery_57452_14288_23705.jpg

Spartan

gallery_57452_14288_72568.jpg

Also have an achilles built and ready but forgot to take a pic :(

• 4 weeks later...

So progress is going. Prior to the ETL i have finished 5 Legion Terminators, 10 Tacticals and a rhino. These still need basing, transfers and some OSL effects, but i will do that all in one go once my ETL vow gets to that stage..

Speaking of vows, i just made the biggest vow i have ever made for any ETL. Decided to take the risk as i'm a good mood, and in my burst period, as well as there being an in RL deadline. Then it turned out it's the biggest vow for the loyalists so far.. Doubt it will stay that way, but it does motivate me even more to get this done! For the vow and before pics you can check the relevant post.

I have actually started today. Got the airbrush out and started spraying my 3 metallic basecolours on.. well everything ofcourse :) Tomorrow its time for washing!

gallery_57452_14288_7674.jpg

gallery_57452_14288_46218.jpg

gallery_57452_14288_70462.jpg

Let's see if i can finish all of the above within the next 2 weeks, incl transfers and bases!

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Small update from me, altough not that good pictures. Running out of time with my deadline as i have ran into a few hickups. Last week i ran out of my clear green, and had to make an emergency order locally. Luckily that only took 3 days to get to me, but thats 3 days in which my project was on hold for the most part (did some metallic details on the larger vehicles luckily).

Now i am behind schedule, but I have added sand to all my dudes. This is because i want them done by thursday evening/friday morning, and sand needs to dry a while.

I have also sprayed everything green now, and started picking out the metallic details. Continuing with that tomorrow. If i want to make my deadline, i need to have all the black, metal and gold done by tomorrow... So that i can do bases and flames on tuesday, and lava and transfers on wednesday. Wish me luck!

WIP Spartan

gallery_57452_14288_85931.jpg

WIP Baneblade

gallery_57452_14288_57302.jpg

WIP Achilles

gallery_57452_14288_77259.jpg

WIP Army 1

gallery_57452_14288_82182.jpg

WIp Army 2

gallery_57452_14288_38759.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a bit busy with school lately so havent had much time yo work on my vows. But! Except for 12 models everything is done. Once all is done i will upload pics.

Loving that green. What are chances you'll share the recipe?

Sorry forbthe late reply but here is my recipe:

1) prime black

2) spray from below with airbrush vallejo black metal.

3) spray at a 45 to 75 degree angle with army painter gun metal with the airbrush.

4) spray directly from above lightøy with army painter shining silver.

Note: i use the warpaint versions (bottles) through the airbrush. Not sure how the effects will be if you donit with army painter spray cans.

5) wash all over with army painter dark shade (for neater result you only donthe recesses.. But all over is faster. Justake sure it doesnt pool and is not thick at any stage).

6) drybrush lightly with shining silver.

7) airbrush spray tamiya clear green all over.

8) pick out details as you normally would. I used balthazar gold on the gold, army painter gun metal on the metal bits. And shining silver plus spiritstone red for the eyes.

Thats it really.

Archived