Captain Mick's renewed Death Guard

So after all those new Death Guard releases last year i was thrilled to give my Death Guard a new boost (feel free to check my existing army in my archived topic in my sig). Last week i picked up some boxe's to finally start them. Sadly i didnt manage to get Death Guard green in a pot (was sold out) so i had no chance to retouch the mistake's really. It was my first attempt doing edge highlighting and its far from perfect but for a first squad i find it acceptable (with lots of practice needed still ofcourse.

Sorry for the picture quality, i had to take them with my phone because with my ''normal'' camera i cant catch the light well inside and because its snowing outside i wasnt able to take them outside so was forced to take them on my phone for now. If weather clears up i might take some new pictures later.

Anyways, here are the picture's of the first squad:

PM 1:

83TluS5.jpg

QhGcvT4.jpg

PM 2:

TWVTyjr.jpg

REdkr0e.jpg

PM 3:

2iXAn2A.jpg

O5IXnkR.jpg

PM 4:

kW1QR9U.jpg

PM 5:

utgppWI.jpg

8tlAKm5.jpg

PM 6:

8tlAKm5.jpg

j6g8bVB.jpg

PM 7:

ka9pj85.jpg

SpJmuPa.jpg

PM Squad 1 full:

cE6S6a7.jpg

Feel free to C&C and when possible picture's will follow when stuff is done.

Edit: Redid the picture's hope theyre closer to reality then the earlier ones.

This week had vacation so had time to work on the DG once more.

Noxious Blightbringer:

zuGHTeB.jpg

XtBcEzJ.jpg

Malignant Plaguecaster:

HhR9x9P.jpg

urv3171.jpg

Lord of Contagion:

KaLbk8u.jpg

uBC5BSR.jpg

Blight Drone:

vmgHBw4.jpg

WbJigv6.jpg

Feel free to C&C. Lots to learn but i think its better then last time allready.

Malignant Plaguecaster:

Seems like you are making good progression! :)

The colour choices seem sound to me. I would advise you to thin down your paints a bit, however, and work in thinner layers: It looks as though you are at a point where the paint obscures some of the fine detail, and you don't want that. If you add just a tiny drop of water to your paint (or ever so slightly dip your brush in water before applying the paint), you can usually avoid that buildup of material.

Seems like you are making good progression! :smile.:

The colour choices seem sound to me. I would advise you to thin down your paints a bit, however, and work in thinner layers: It looks as though you are at a point where the paint obscures some of the fine detail, and you don't want that. If you add just a tiny drop of water to your paint (or ever so slightly dip your brush in water before applying the paint), you can usually avoid that buildup of material.

Well actually the paint is thinned down alot, its more my clumsiness to make ''smaller'' lines. Will try to keep working on it. Finally received my DG green in a pot yesterday so will do a attempt on a drybrush to and see how it goes compared to the results with ''edge highlighting'' so far.

Hmm, if it's a problem of clumsiness, have you tried linking your hands while painting the fiddly stuff? By touching your wrists or fingers while holding the model, for example: That way, you'll eliminate a fair bit of tremor and make sure your hands aren't moving in different directions, so to speak. Also, before doing really small  and delicate highlights, it can help to exhale and then quickly add the highlight. Not brain surgery, any of this, but maybe it'll help ;)

Today i finished 10 Poxwalkers (the other 10 are lost for some reason (probally a job by the Imperium) ). It are my least favorite models in all those years so it was kinda a rush job, next will be put more time in again.

Poxwalker 1-5:

T78jf95.jpg

Poxwalker 6-10:

bVH3yrj.jpg

Group picture:

t97h7OP.jpg

When more stuff is done, it will ofcourse be updated.

Started with PM Squad 2.

Painted the first 2 models, bases wil be done when the other 5 are done allso.

PM 1:

rRHYDcJ.jpg

lvcpDD6.jpg

1BntllU.jpg

YHaAUCQ.jpg 

PM 2: 

74tmVS0.jpg

pGa05jD.jpg

OT2JBRw.jpg

As soon more Marines are done it will be ofcourse posted here once again.

Today i finished Lord Felthius & Consort (way quicker then i expected). Feeling the drybrushing/highlights are getting better slowly. When more things are ready for picture's i ofcourse post once again.

Today i finished Lord Felthius & Consort way quicker then expected. Got the feeling the drybrushing and highlights are getting better slowly.

Here are the picture's. Feel free to C&C as allways.

Consort 1:

UvWSgXk.jpg

25FraWF.jpg

Consort 2:

Js1tPzD.jpg

WcJHnVz.jpg

Consort 3:

GowxON3.jpg

X1NcPKo.jpg

fac0nG7.jpg

Lord Felthius:

MY9s8Of.jpg

w0bEbnA.jpg

oA4oYdz.jpg

Group Picture:

AuKwLml.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Today finished PM Squad 3. The later models in the squad are getting closer to what im going for in general but we keep working on neating things up. (At a few i started undercoating less and getting way better results so continueing with that.

PM 1:

ynzekcC.jpg

VzVQI9O.jpg

PM 2:

78yi7Gq.jpg

QQTLRFv.jpg

PM 3:

pcONc46.jpg

Mh9zyG2.jpg

PM 4:

j10N1e4.jpg

atR8LXr.jpg

hO34SGs.jpg

PM 5:

qmaQfx1.jpg

EekPloH.jpg

30318V3.jpg

PM 6:

a4Xj77c.jpg

3nu1tAt.jpg

PM 7:

5GZdkDy.jpg

gTwBjD3.jpg

O1sJMS9.jpg

PM Group picture

afeZyYN.jpg

As soon more things are finished more things will be posted. Feel free to C&C as allways.

This army is coming along very nicely. You can see in with pm squad 3 you have come along way and your highlighting is looking a lot more refined/fine. Really like the champ on pm 3 and the plague crawler looks ace too!

This army is coming along very nicely. You can see in with pm squad 3 you have come along way and your highlighting is looking a lot more refined/fine. Really like the champ on pm 3 and the plague crawler looks ace too!

Thanks! Because i seemed to have "fixed" the undercoat problem at the last few models things are starting to look better but ofcourse still a long way to go :).

Today i finished the Foul Blightspawn & Plague Marine Icon Bearer. First try with the purplish tentacles etc..so need more practice with it but not to unhappy with the results. Feel free to C&C as allways.

Foul Blightspawn:

oiDBWKg.jpg

pBi2wkP.jpg

MopUNRZ.jpg

Y4Jw01g.jpg

s09GEYc.jpg

zsXLI2l.jpg

Plague Marine Icon Bearer:

L8ivxMZ.jpg

F9WntM3.jpg

OTFfiIb.jpg

PU5idkO.jpg

KFpntWB.jpg

Looking good dude, there's a definite improvement as times gone on! Maybe a wash on the green tubes, bring out some of the detail?

Also, have you considered joining this years ETL with anything you've got unpainted? Every vow counts! The CSM thread is here.

Dragonlover

• 2 weeks later...

Today i finished the last Blightlord Terminator of Squad 1 and finished the bases. The little shield for the captain was lost in the Eye of Terror so i did an atttempt with the 3 "Nurgle Circles" to make him a little stand out from the rest. I hope you like them alittle, ofcourse i keep working more neately everytime.

Blighlord Terminator 1:

PUgPwD9.jpg

IgBNsmp.jpg

Ug01WUN.jpg

Blighlord Terminator 2:

yqJXqMZ.jpg

DiVi3vi.jpg

SWnCIpu.jpg

Blighlord Terminator 3:

lr8Bamj.jpg

uR90hm6.jpg

hkNpWWR.jpg

Blighlord Terminator 4:

9Io5Dvi.jpg

OKyUrvy.jpg

nnYlvFw.jpg

Blighlord Terminator 5:

3c1X6Ht.jpg

hL0JlBu.jpg

FXHeg6B.jpg

XaLilmi.jpg

Blighlord Terminator Group picture:

IPFvw8t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend the forge's of the Plague Planet are working once again so i managed to paint my first Myphitic Blight-Hauler.

Here are the results:

eSymrfO.jpg

VFegfB6.jpg

77Nmam7.jpg

9gfsjdo.jpg

Feel free to C&C as allways. Next up are the Deathshroud Terminators.

Today i finished the first 3 Deathshroud Terminators. Ofcourse u see something to fix after u make the picture's but im not to unhappy with the results. Feel free to C&C as allways and enjoy the picture's!

Deathshroud Terminator 1:

tjYF451.jpg

F5itY52.jpg

tR3TZTh.jpg

M90GLIF.jpg

Deathshroud Terminator 2:

jmrZxyb.jpg

NL91RiN.jpg

MF0Dz5m.jpg

Deathshroud Terminator 3:

WmoroMT.jpg

XY8GpSb.jpg

JaIYs5p.jpg

Deathshroud Terminator Group picture:

JCAApIx.jpg

Dam this army is looking amazing! And congrats on making it onto the gw website, that goes to show how good they are ;-)

It looks like you have a stray hair on typhus' left shoulder pad, looking at the pic, it might not be in the paint.

Which green have you used to highlight with? I ask because the only thing i could suggest next is to find a slightly lighter green as an extreme highlight to make those edges of the armour pop out some more

Archived